Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MegaMek Games / Re: How to use prototype DHS in MM Lab?
« Last post by Colt Ward on Today at 20:42:00 »
It is not the latest MM Lab, just trying to find out if there is a trick since it is a non-standard piece of gear.
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Battletech Meme Contest
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 20:37:14 »
Its only a Savannah Master....
(+1/+2/+4) Hanger Queen: Some vehicles, no matter what their design specs say, just need maintenance constantly to not break down. Such designs are given the sarcastic epithet of "hanger queens" thanks to their constant demands on one's tech crew...

A unit with the Hanger Queen design quirk requires maintenance more often than a standard unit. Hanger Queen may be taken multiple times; for the first rank, reduce the time between required maintenance cycles by one quarter, for two ranks, by one third, and for three ranks by half. This Quirk is incompatible with the Rugged design quirk.

(It's Anti-rugged, basically)

(-2) Stately Grace: It might not be fast, but it can turn on a pinhead.

Large Craft with the Stately Grace design quirk may double their effective thrust points for performing same-hex manuvers, such as altering orientation or facing, so long as they use only Safe thrust.
I would not preferentially buy pre-painted minis, and don’t really want to pay a premium for them, but I am not particularly bothered by the prospect.

Pre-paints can be great for players who want more than gray plastic but don’t want to paint.

I probably *will* buy one or more force packs with painted minis in them, so I guess the most honest answer is “yes”?
BattleMechs / Re: 'Warcriming the Militia' - Battlemechs of the WoB
« Last post by Red Pins on Today at 20:14:54 »
Okay, so no VDNI.
Switching the Single Heat Sinks for Compact Heat Sinks and using an XL Gyro in order to fit a couple of Jump Jets should still work though.

If they have it?  Maybe.   But the wonder-tech is fading into the past quick  - they didn't save the equipment, technicians, textbooks, and the thousand and one other things that make XL gyros possible.  Similarly, if they didn't pack compact HS, the corner store is closed.

The New Clans have spent hundreds of years preparing to be found and finish the Wolverine Trial of Annihilation.  There is literally no way the Allies can steal from a Clan without paranoid, scorched-earth tactics being implemented immediately.

Still, they have some unique tech, and I decided to use the laser HS idea for vehicles, so they are MUCH more dangerous than Clan or IS vehicles.
A whopping 12 B-2 Spirit stealth bombers took to the skies to cap off the recent Spirit Vigilance exercise. This was so many of the bombers that none of the official pictures from the event show all 12 aircraft at once. This one got closest with 11.

Too Much Time On My Hands- Styx
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Editing already made Mechs
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 19:52:45 »
There's also Mordel.net, which will convert your CBT stats into Alpha Strike numbers and generate a card for them if that's what you want.  Have to be logged in to design 'Mechs.

https://www.mordel.net/tro.php?a=cbm

It does this w/ Non-Canon mechs?  Customs?
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Most Iconic Mech
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 19:48:14 »
I had to go Atlas as every other mech listed but 2 (Awesome/Urbie) are technically from other games/toylines etc etc.

Come to think of it, "wartime innovation" might have been the explanation initially used in the G1 toyline.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10