Author Topic: Marvel showdown!  (Read 3313 times)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Marvel showdown!
« on: 18 September 2018, 01:30:56 »
If you could see (Comics wise here), 2 marvel baddies throw down with one another, who would it be, and whom do you think would win?

For me, i'd LOVE to see Thanos and Apocalypse go at it..  And as much as i like Apoc, i don't think he stands much of a chance against Thanos.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Marvel showdown!
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2018, 02:33:11 »
IIRC......

Apocalypse = 1st Human Mutant,  Extremely Powerful,  but still Human.

Thanos = Mutant Eternal,  Eternals are essentially Genetically Engineered Super Humans created by the Celestials to be Demi-Gods themselves, and are like Mutant's on Steroids with Strength/Endurance/Invulnerability on the level of Hulk combined with things like Flight, Speed, Mental Powers, Energy Blasts,  etc etc.

It would be an interesting fight but unless Apoc has some type of Damage Absorption / Regeneration powers along the lines of Vulcan or Wolverine in his list of abilities, then he's going to loose by eventually taking a direct hit.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2018, 02:53:33 »
IIRC......

Apocalypse = 1st Human Mutant,  Extremely Powerful,  but still Human.

Apocalypse is the first mutant but he has also been enhanced by Celestial technology with a little bit of techno-organic virus thrown in too.

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, no contest.

Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet, too close to call, depends on the book and writer.

It would be an interesting fight but unless Apoc has some type of Damage Absorption / Regeneration powers along the lines of Vulcan or Wolverine in his list of abilities, then he's going to loose by eventually taking a direct hit.

He absolutely has that kind of power, possessing control of his body down to the last molecule and the ability to regenerate from otherwise fatal injuries. And with complete control over every molecule of his body, he is able to basically give himself other powers as needed.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2018, 04:33:18 »
Spot and Kangaroo (II)

The best Marvel villains
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2018, 04:58:57 »
Captain america and iron man

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2018, 05:15:50 »
White Rabbit and Panda-Mania...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2018, 09:48:15 »
Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, no contest.

Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet, too close to call, depends on the book and writer.

Screw the gauntlet. Thanos has other options.

"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2018, 11:19:28 »
Thanos would handily win any fight against Apocalypse.  Thanos is a cosmic tier character and Apocalypse even on his best day isn't nearly that level.

Just for fun, I'd really like to see a no-holds-barred smackdown between Magneto and the Red Skull.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2018, 11:23:40 »
Magneto wins hands down right?

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 18 September 2018, 12:07:27 »
Other than Thanos, I have a difficult time thinking of anyone who Magento couldn't beat hands down unless the other guy had time to prepare and replace whatever metal gimmicks he has with a plastic alternatives. 
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #10 on: 18 September 2018, 12:26:41 »
Other than Thanos, I have a difficult time thinking of anyone who Magento couldn't beat hands down unless the other guy had time to prepare and replace whatever metal gimmicks he has with a plastic alternatives.

Or more importantly, find a very unique environment that Mags can't take advantage of. That's not easy to do in the modern world.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 18 September 2018, 12:32:14 »
Red Skull is just the kind of guy I want to see get wrapped inside a steel i-beam.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #12 on: 18 September 2018, 12:34:52 »
"You made one mistake, Thanos... you made your gauntlet out of a ferrous metal! STOP PUNCHING YOURSELF!!!"

+Crow T. Robot+

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2018, 13:35:57 »
Captain america and iron man

Neither are baddies/villans..

Just for fun, I'd really like to see a no-holds-barred smackdown between Magneto and the Red Skull.

I'd say Mags wins that.  Same as magneto vs dr doom

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 18 September 2018, 13:38:27 »
Magneto vs. Red Skull was answered in Captain America #367.  The "battle" goes about how you'd expect with Magneto locking the Red Skull up in an underground bunker with no food, light or anyone to talk to, just a large supply of water and air.   And plenty of time to suffer the way he made others suffer.

For my vote, I'll go with Tony Stark vs. Bruce Wayne.  Not even in the suits, just two billionaire businessmen hammering at each others financial empires while taking the global economy on a rollercoaster ride. 
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #15 on: 18 September 2018, 16:36:11 »
Magneto vs. Red Skull was answered in Captain America #367.  The "battle" goes about how you'd expect with Magneto locking the Red Skull up in an underground bunker with no food, light or anyone to talk to, just a large supply of water and air.   And plenty of time to suffer the way he made others suffer.

No, see, that was when he was a good guy so it doesn't count.  I want to see Magneto back when he was a villain and willing to do all kinds of brutal things that hero-Magneto won't.  Also, it needs to be written by someone who doesn't realize just how stupid having Rogue proclaim that Magneto (Holocaust survivor) is just as bad as Red Skull (actual Nazi) afterword.

I disagree on the outcome of Magneto vs Dr Doom: Doom's smart enough that he's probably already got a bunch of anti-Magneto countermeasures built into his armor in case he ever has to go up against him.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 18 September 2018, 22:11:20 »
No, see, that was when he was a good guy so it doesn't count.  I want to see Magneto back when he was a villain and willing to do all kinds of brutal things that hero-Magneto won't.  Also, it needs to be written by someone who doesn't realize just how stupid having Rogue proclaim that Magneto (Holocaust survivor) is just as bad as Red Skull (actual Nazi) afterword.
:rant:Sadly I can see that statement, given how history isn't really being taught now to kids now :rant:

Taskmaster vrs Lady Deathstrike vrs Punisher
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 18 September 2018, 22:44:54 »
Also, it needs to be written by someone who doesn't realize just how stupid having Rogue proclaim that Magneto (Holocaust survivor) is just as bad as Red Skull (actual Nazi) afterword.

Let's not forget that Magneto has repeatedly attempted to enslave/massacre all non-mutants over the years. Being a a survivor of a genocide attempt doesn't pardon your own genocide attempts.

As for a battle of villians, I want to see Dr Doom vs the Mandarin! Two men who's families were destroyed by oppressive governments, learned secret knowledge and developed advanced technologies, and built their own armies to overthrow their governments and restore their vision of proper leadership. The battle is one of strategy, cunning, monologues, and really big lasers!
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #18 on: 18 September 2018, 23:14:20 »
Let's not forget that Magneto has repeatedly attempted to enslave/massacre all non-mutants over the years. Being a a survivor of a genocide attempt doesn't pardon your own genocide attempts.

Yeah, but the X-Men are perfectly willing to overlook all that (as well as the numerous times he's tried to kill them) as long as he's on there side.  Going after the character who was actually partially responsible for the crimes committed against him and his family though is suddenly too extreme.

:rant:Sadly I can see that statement, given how history isn't really being taught now to kids now :rant:

Yeah, except that kids don't work as writers for Marvel Comics.  Instead, they get on social media to talk about how boneheaded the attempt to portray Magneto as morally worse than Red Skull was.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 19 September 2018, 00:45:43 »
For my vote, I'll go with Tony Stark vs. Bruce Wayne.  Not even in the suits, just two billionaire businessmen hammering at each others financial empires while taking the global economy on a rollercoaster ride.

Again, neither are baddies..

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #20 on: 19 September 2018, 01:43:40 »
Civil War (comic books) Tony Stark vs Dark Knight Returns Batman ought to work.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #21 on: 19 September 2018, 02:27:38 »
Neither are baddies/villans..

Seems the obvious tongue in cheek was missed there...

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #22 on: 19 September 2018, 02:59:33 »
Civil War (comic books) Tony Stark vs Dark Knight Returns Batman ought to work.

Except Batman isn't Marvel.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #23 on: 19 September 2018, 08:20:41 »
Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 19 September 2018, 10:28:59 »

Taskmaster vrs Lady Deathstrike vrs Punisher

That was (partially) answered ;)

http://textsfromsuperheroes.com/image/95689702330

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #25 on: 19 September 2018, 11:21:06 »
Except Batman isn't Marvel.

Fine, use Nighthawk from the evil Squadron Supreme.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 19 September 2018, 12:02:45 »
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 19 September 2018, 13:11:17 »
Yeah, except that kids don't work as writers for Marvel Comics.  Instead, they get on social media to talk about how boneheaded the attempt to portray Magneto as morally worse than Red Skull was.
Wait so it was the writers complaining how they had portray Magneto about his genocide behavior towards non-mutants??  not just a character in the book.   

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 19 September 2018, 13:12:53 »
No, kids don't work as writers.  Kids complain on social media about the boneheaded script the writers came up with.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 19 September 2018, 13:50:43 »
No, kids don't work as writers.  Kids complain on social media about the boneheaded script the writers came up with.
Kids who wanted him to be the Hero not the BAD GUY that some of his actions can be looked at as. 

Register