Author Topic: Delsia, Ralston And Vannora, Which Planet Do They Orbit Again?  (Read 1237 times)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
OK, while reading By the Horns I was inspired to look up the name Ralston in Sarna. Turns out there are three moons by that name in the Inner Sphere, all three planets also have two other moons, and in all three cases they are called Delsia and Vannora.

So at this point I have to ask: What's going on? Are these three planets supposed to have the same moons? Is it some sort of slip up?

And links to the planets:
Astrokaszy
Westerhand
Gan Singh

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
Re: Delsia, Ralston And Vannora, Which Planet Do They Orbit Again?
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2015, 07:35:38 »
Gan Singh is a mistake. I've checked the cite notes against the sources, and it looks as if when the new planets infobox was added to the article, the detail on the moons got copied across from the Westerhand article (both are from Handbook: House Liao, and would've been done at the same time).

Westerhand and Astrokaszy do seem to have the same moons. My guess would be that the names have some mythological, historical or pop culture significance.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Re: Delsia, Ralston And Vannora, Which Planet Do They Orbit Again?
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2015, 21:11:51 »
The PDF of MercsSup2 is in error. The print version was corrected to show that Astrokaszy has one moon called Ghada.

See?

« Last Edit: 06 August 2015, 21:21:05 by roosterboy »