Author Topic: Anthologized Battlecorps stories  (Read 25 times)

ColonelCrow

• Private
Anthologized Battlecorps stories
« on: Today at 19:26:26 »
The loss of Battlecorp's archive of fiction is a tragedy, of course. But in my recent research into BattleTech short fiction, I followed up on a thought I had and have tried to put together a list of all the stories which originally appeared at the site which have been reprinted elsewhere. I came up with 135 stories across fifteen books, most of which I believe are print-on-demand titles.

I created an .xlsx file (linked below) listing their titles and authors, as well as which book they're reprinted in, and uploaded it to Google Drive if anyone wants to check it out.

And if anyone can tell me if the stories in that Grasshopper anthology, Legacy, were originally on Battlecorps I'll add those, as well as any others I've missed, of course.

--cvr

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1soc-Ve1Sj5Y6mN2WkgVjIkhIzcIL1xul/edit?usp=share_link&ouid=103120151595484601916&rtpof=true&sd=true

ColonelCrow

• Private
Re: Anthologized Battlecorps stories
« Reply #1 on: Today at 19:33:35 »
Craig A. Reed has let me know that the Grasshopper stories were not from Battlecorps, but were all solicited as originals to the anthology.

ColonelCrow

• Private
Re: Anthologized Battlecorps stories
« Reply #2 on: Today at 20:19:16 »
Found one more. Michael A. Stackpole's novella Not the Way the Smart Money Bets was originally published at Battlecorps in 2008 and appears in Kell Hounds Ascendant (and is available as a standalone epub as well, I believe). So that's 136 across sixteen books. I'll update the spreadsheet after the weekend.