Author Topic: Clan Burrock Camo schemes  (Read 6050 times)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Clan Burrock Camo schemes
« on: 13 October 2013, 17:36:04 »
Camospec's has a lack of Burrock painted mech's, does anyone know what kind of parade scheme's they used? And does anyone know what scheme the reborn Burrocks may have used for their short live WoR era Zeta Galaxy?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
Re: Clan Burrock Camo schemes
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2013, 21:53:59 »
Seriously? No one has any idea what the Burrocks may have painted there mechs up in other than "Brown and grey?"

Smoke Jaguar

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2013, 22:00:00 »
I would use Browns, Reds, Greys and Gunmetal. Considering what a Burrock is supposed to be, that's probably going to be your best bet. For Zeta Galaxy even add in some bare metal parts or something to make it feel a bit more 'ramshackle'.

Doesn't really seem to be much on them otherwise.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2013, 15:37:30 »
There is a gentlemen hear, Fear Facotry I think (?), who was big into the Burrock Clan: If he is still around I would find him and consider his response: he wrote up a full TO&E on them.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2013, 21:15:31 »
They make use of brown/neon green highlights per camospecs.  Check the book I made in my sig for a non-canon take on camo prior to the absorption.

During the resurrection?  I'll have to check Wars of Reaving but IIRC there's nothing on that.
« Last Edit: 21 October 2013, 21:17:42 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2013, 22:43:51 »
They make use of brown/neon green highlights per camospecs.  Check the book I made in my sig for a non-canon take on camo prior to the absorption.

During the resurrection?  I'll have to check Wars of Reaving but IIRC there's nothing on that.

The Resurrection is what I was primarily interested in, but I figure they might not have changed schemes from the Galaxy that changed sides, or they might have modified it with Burrock colors added.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2013, 01:38:43 »
The Resurrection is what I was primarily interested in, but I figure they might not have changed schemes from the Galaxy that changed sides, or they might have modified it with Burrock colors added.

That's kind of what I assumed.  I don't think they had time to worry about creating their own unique look.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2013, 01:41:58 »
That's kind of what I assumed.  I don't think they had time to worry about creating their own unique look.

Vanity is something you spend much time in even you do not have the time.

So be innovative and think of something it might have been, the nyou could contact one of the artist of Camospecs and you might get your idea made canon.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2013, 09:53:28 »
Part of the problem with Burrocks is at the moment CSO centered on the Field Manuals and starting to inch towards the Dark Ages.  It's something we'd like to go back and hit for sure

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2013, 14:35:24 »
Vanity is something you spend much time in even you do not have the time.

So be innovative and think of something it might have been, the nyou could contact one of the artist of Camospecs and you might get your idea made canon.

The one Galaxy that made the switch had a scheme that was yellow and I think a red fade, I'm thinking of using something like that except with brown replacing the yellow. While changing the paint job might not have been a priority, its not like the warriors are the ones doing the painting. They have techs for that.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2013, 16:08:59 »
This is what I came up with:

I tried making my own camo in my burrock thread.  It's ok, but I think it can be better.  Want to make me some camo to go with my burrock stuff?

Alpha Galaxy:  light gray with brown highlights with a centered neon green Clan Burrock insignia.
Beta Galaxy:   1 - blood red with black and gold trim and 2 - brown with black tribal highlights
Gamma Galaxy:  gray with brown highlights with a burrock that wraps up the left leg with the face ending over the cockpit
Epsilon Galaxy:  standard camouflage patterns with brown highlights
Iota Galaxy:  standard camouflage with scars that look like flesh wounds and acid burns
Kappa Galaxy:  standard camouflage with gold accents
Pi Galaxy:  solid black with gold and brown highlights (like a burrock)
Xi Galaxy:  No official theme...  but just for representation something black, brown, and neon green.

"Standard camouflage" probably just something that uses brown/gray to go with CSO.

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 03 January 2019, 16:55:43 »
interesting to read

I agree Brown should be a base color and Gray for the Rock theme!

a Camuflage of redbron and Gray (dark and light gray) would be perfect

Gals / Glasses  by all 'Mechs and Soldir are Green!

Alpha Keshik = Black base colour with Yellow hight lights for the Clan Badge as representation

Zeta Galaxy (The Undying) = Yellow with brown

Omega Defese Galaxy (The Dieased) = Purple with Yellow

« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 10:05:14 by Doy »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 03 January 2019, 17:02:09 »
Wow, talk about some Thread Necro!

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
« Reply #13 on: 03 January 2019, 17:40:43 »
not nice to call some one a "NECRO"
i knew i have reactivate a old topic
but i read this topic just today ( and it is more important to read it as some other )

As the one who made it you can some new post in here ( you should be happy )

Quote from: Extra Note:
In many forums is it forbidden to bring Old topic back. But this is stiuped! ( I don't want to offend anyone! )
When a new Member join a forum every topic is new for him ( without observing the date on the topic )
And some times a user maybe join the forum only for a special topic, just to say some thing to this topic,
because he or she wanna talk just over this topic from his or her hobby!!!

Best Reaction: others join the topic and it becomes again live ( why not / this happend here  8) )
Bad Reactions: i get warned or an instand ban ( :'( )
good Reaction: The Mods and Admin take notice of this and let the Users do so long no insuting happend.

Major Point: "To take and old topic back in life ist not worg is good!"
Question: Why i should open a brand new topic when some topic exsist what can uprise in size (how bigger a topic is much better it is! )

Solution:
A) You simply allow Users to necromancing topic and enjoy the forum is alive!
B) You auto close the topic after some day's or month's atomaticly!
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 10:30:25 by Doy »

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #14 on: 04 January 2019, 19:21:51 »
http://camospecs.com/Article/Details/33/painting-a-clan-burrock-scheme

This is the closest thing you're going to get to an official Burrock scheme. Reddish brown with bright "acidic" green trim
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2019, 23:14:24 »

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2019, 04:47:42 »
http://camospecs.com/Article/Details/33/painting-a-clan-burrock-scheme

This is the closest thing you're going to get to an official Burrock scheme. Reddish brown with bright "acidic" green trim

I can't see any pics in that article.

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2019, 10:32:14 »
I can't see any pics in that article.

Thats the Problem they take them out or there was never a picture

I edit my post and insert the Burrock schemes for Zeta (the ex Upsilon Galaxy who get absorbed in the Star Adders)
I think Zeta would keep this paint scheme (it was made special for the burrocks and they sure had not time to change it)

the other old Galaxy to see them painted in gray and red brown with colour hilight in arcid green, yellow and red would be cool
« Last Edit: 05 January 2019, 10:38:43 by Doy »

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2019, 11:25:00 »
At least we got their naval camo with the colored templates in AT2rev.

"Until the Absorption of Clan Burrock, the Adders used dark blue trim on black. Captured vessels retain their original red-brown color however, possibly a gesture to reconcile Burrock Warriors to their new status."

Sadly we never got a note which warship was a former Burrock ship.
I think it is a good guess that red-brown are dominant colors also for their ground troops.

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
« Reply #19 on: 06 January 2019, 00:15:43 »
i set me on a paint scheme doc file like i did for all clans in my files
and now i miss only the pictures from the CSO article i search in web i can find them for the last missing galaxy

Some User / Fan made a Burrock Gama Galaxy with own paint scheme i would love to see them added
The Topic: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41234.0

@CSO did you guys have the old pictures of the Kappa Galaxy Burrock from the Article "Painting a Clan Burrock Scheme"
i add this maro by the Kappa Galaxy
In the source code the hyperlinks to the picture are available / example: "/images/article/hastur/wackHASBan1th.JPG"
did you guys can fix for us this links and show the picutres ?

And in same Way can you show the picture from Clan Wolverin with Mounten scheme and the Mongoose Mech by Factions ?

Edit: i dont found pictures from the Kingfisher but this Maro looks like stone and red brown

i add the picture to Kappa
« Last Edit: 06 January 2019, 02:06:47 by Doy »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 06 January 2019, 11:30:37 »
not nice to call some one a "NECRO"
i knew i have reactivate a old topic
but i read this topic just today ( and it is more important to read it as some other )

As the one who made it you can some new post in here ( you should be happy )

Your hilarious. I am just pointing out that you literally brought back a very old topic I asked in late 2013! If you don't think its 'nice' to point that out, that's your lookout. Not mine.

The sad part is even after all this time we still don't have unit schemes on Camospecs for the Burrocks or the Wolverines.
« Last Edit: 06 January 2019, 11:32:37 by Stormlion1 »

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
« Reply #21 on: 15 January 2019, 16:55:40 »
Like you said it is your 2013 Topic what colors you find for your burrocks ?
« Last Edit: 31 October 2019, 05:13:17 by Doy »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 01 February 2019, 21:45:50 »
like you said it is your 2013 Topic what colors you finde for your burrocks ?

Went with brown and the acid green highlights.

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2019, 11:02:26 »
While it's common for Clans to adopt the colours of their totem for some of their camo schemes, they don't always do it for all of them. Let's take the Jade Falcons as an example: they have a lot of schemes that use green or jade, but there are also some odd outliers like the steel and red of Vau Galaxy or the blue and grey of Rho Galaxy.

Brown, yellow, ruddy colours and other earth tones do fit the Burrocks... but they might have had some other weird schemes in there as well. Most Clans do. Painters should feel free to be audacious without worrying that it might not fit the lore.