Author Topic: World Wide Event 2023  (Read 8900 times)

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
World Wide Event 2023
« on: 01 October 2023, 10:15:00 »
The 2023 WWE was just announced on Facebook.

Demo Agents will be running this event from Halloween through New Year's Eve. It includes both a BattleTech and Alpha Strike event.

After the event is complete the results will be compiled and the event document and results document will be posted. We will also be releasing the 2020 WWE results in the coming days.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Leslie Flynn

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Kämpfen, Siegen oder Untergehen
    • KlingenCon
Re: World Wide Event 2023
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2023, 13:04:53 »
Hello

During the KlingenCon you will have the possibility to join this event
KlingenCon
Germany, Remscheid NRW
4-5.11.2023
Www.KlingenCon.de
Details will be soon on the home page from the convention
It isn't what they say about you, it's what they whisper.
#916 - Field Agent "Flynn"

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2023, 11:46:58 »
I need to access the files for this but I can't find them to run it

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

CrazyPappy

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2023, 19:21:56 »
Hello!

I am running a demo day as a volunteer on November 25th in Laval, province of Quebec, Canada, Terra. Can it be part of you event? Any advises you care to share about running my event?  We will hve intro games for peoples interested to try the game and a mini campaign pitting the forces of Wolf Dragoons and their allies against the Eridany Light Horses.

The link to the Facebook page is here: https://fb.me/e/ZMzDxatR Note: this page is in French as we are mostly French Canadians

« Last Edit: 05 October 2023, 05:57:21 by CrazyPappy »
Have fun! Remember, variety is the Spice of Warfare!

Horsemen

• Four for the price of one!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2023, 15:58:36 »
I need to access the files for this but I can't find them to run it

They're in the Level 2 Folder on the CDT Google Drive.

Prussian Havoc

• Recruit
  • "Combined Arms, Assured Victory!"
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2023, 15:25:58 »
Greetings from the Great State of Pennsylvania!

Do you have a listing of locations/dates?

Any events scheduled for Harrisburg, PA northeast to Scranton, PA? Perhaps down in Philly? If not, I’m a long time BattleTech gamer and willing to lend a hand here locally. Whom should I coordinate with.

Thanks for all you have done and continue to to do for our beloved IP. Have a great day and ever better tomorrows… :bow:

v/r Steve
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles ~ Sun Tzu

Jargonaut89

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2023, 05:55:36 »
Hi, is this event limited to places with Catalyst Demo Agents? How would this work if we have a community in the Philippines interested in joining this event?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 12 October 2023, 06:37:19 »
Hi, is this event limited to places with Catalyst Demo Agents? How would this work if we have a community in the Philippines interested in joining this event?

It is a Catalyst Demo Team Event.  If you would like to have the event, somebody must join the CDT and become a CDT Agent.

application is linked here:
https://sites.google.com/view/catalystdemoteam/?fbclid=IwAR3VEWwpJGEUDQyVzVSz9EzPHMbs_E6wH8w1gD6eR7YZ8AU_kQ3sBakfnf8

Note that generally you have to have the application accepted, your CDT account created, run at least one event and have your "full" status as an Agent upgraded before you have full access. That can take a month or two, even if you are on top of things (applications and updates are processed once a month or so). 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Jargonaut89

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 12 October 2023, 18:25:18 »
Thanks for the info.

If the application process takes as long as you mention, I guess this means that even if one of our community members applies by today, there's a slim chance they would be ready for when the event launches.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #9 on: 13 October 2023, 10:57:12 »
I believe the plan is to make these scenarios publicly available after the Demo Team runs them, the same as previous Worldwide Events. (No guarantee, just commenting based on history.)

Here's 2019: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-world-wide-event-requiem-for-a-blue-star

Jargonaut89

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 13 October 2023, 19:14:50 »
Thanks for the link to this. Something to tide us over until our community gets a CDT member in the future. Would be nice if we could actually participate in the event insead of replaying, but i guess we'd have to look towards the next one for now. C'est la vie

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2023, 14:52:09 »
The 2020 one had at least one game run on MegaMek servers. Would it be possible to organize & promote that here, either a specific game or like a Discord server organizing one?
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

Ccovert

• Recruit
« Reply #12 on: 20 October 2023, 22:50:58 »
Where can I find the facebook page or group this was posted to?

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 21 October 2023, 20:24:54 »
Where can I find the facebook page or group this was posted to?
The actual document was sent out to members of the Catalyst Demo Team. You can find the public announcement on the official Catalyst Game Labs, Battletech, and Catalyst Demo Team Facebook and Twitter accounts.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Dralzen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
« Reply #14 on: 22 October 2023, 19:40:57 »
Event by Bruce Ford, Craig Alpen and Calgary Battletech
Ogre's Den Gaming Club
Duration: 5 hr

The World Wide Event for 2023 is upon us. A two part Battletech and Alpha Strike Event played over two days.
Defend the honor of the Celestial Wisdom and continue to expand his influence across the Inner Sphere as the Capellan Confederation continues to ascend to their rightful place over the Inner Sphere.

The Star League is properly reborn under the Stewardship of the IlClan - Clan Wolf along with its new allies. With Terra secure, the reclaiming of Star League territory begins with New Earth. Be the tip of the spear to bring the IlKhan's vision for the Star League and claiming of your destiny to fruition!

This is the second scenario of the World Wide Event, Alpha Strike, played at Ogre's Den Gaming Club on December 16th, 2023 hosted by Craig Alpen and possibly myself. The start time will be 2pm. The game will go until it is finished, the end time is there for the Facebook field. Given that it is Alpha Strike I expect the game to be finished close to that time.

Please let us know whether you will be attending so we can prepare appropriately for the expected numbers.
The first scenario which is Battletech will be played December 2nd. It has it's own event so we can track expected numbers.

Please join us if you can!

*Graphic by Matt Hopper.

Lawn Dart

• Recruit
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2023, 10:57:22 »
Wish their were events that allowed people to bring and use their own models - are there other companies that run events like this anymore where demo agent provides everything?  People are more interested these days in using what they have...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2023, 11:09:03 »
Sponsored events use official sponsored miniatures to help sell the product, not unofficial product. Thats the point of these events. 

Lawn Dart

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2023, 11:13:28 »
I'm not saying I want to bring unofficial minis.  I want to bring my official minis that I painted myself.  Using a demo agents minis does not drive sales of minis.  Especially when my agent breaks out his old collection of metal minis with few (if any) of the modern plastics.  If people could bring their own minis they would be more likely to buy their own minis to make a force for the event.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2023, 11:15:41 »
Wish their were events that allowed people to bring and use their own models - are there other companies that run events like this anymore where demo agent provides everything?  People are more interested these days in using what they have...

This game has pre-generated forces, it'd be a massive increase in complexity to add player-made forces into it, hope enough people brought the right stuff to balance sides on the fly and so on.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Lawn Dart

• Recruit
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2023, 11:19:12 »
This game has pre-generated forces

Which is why myself, and several other local gamers have no interest in the format.  Suggest trying different formats for events in the future to learn which ones are more popular.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #20 on: 23 October 2023, 11:29:29 »
Which is why myself, and several other local gamers have no interest in the format.  Suggest trying different formats for events in the future to learn which ones are more popular.

This is a format that's been proven to be popular.  And it's not the only format of game the Demo team provides.  I'll be running games at a con this weekend one of which is quite close to what you suggested here alongside ones where all material is provided, for example.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 23 October 2023, 12:49:18 »
And it's not the only format of game the Demo team provides.
Most of my events are "Bring X BV max N units for E era," with me bringing a few loaner forces for players who don't wish to bring their own.
But for big events like this where we want carefully-balanced sides due to complex victory conditions, we supply the stuff.

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 25 October 2023, 14:37:38 »
Might as well ask here since my questions were not answered in the WWE announcement thread. Is there a list of demo agents? I don't think we have one locally and I even asked a local store who wanted to look into running the event and they didn't get anything back. This announcement sounded awesome, but we've got no way to participate and the communication seems nonexistent.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #23 on: 26 October 2023, 00:12:05 »
Might as well ask here since my questions were not answered in the WWE announcement thread. Is there a list of demo agents? I don't think we have one locally and I even asked a local store who wanted to look into running the event and they didn't get anything back. This announcement sounded awesome, but we've got no way to participate and the communication seems nonexistent.

At the moment, the Demo Team website is being built to be able to provide a means to do just that. I am not sure on when it will be ready, however, if you let me know where you are I can ask and get back to you with some type of definitive answer. Though it may take a minute.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #24 on: 26 October 2023, 00:58:06 »
AT THE COST OF BOOTLACES 2023 WWE

Both the Battletech and the Alpha Strike scenarios will be played at Ogre's Den Gaming Club.

Battletech hosted by Paul Mabbot on December 2nd. Please arrive no later than 11:30 am MT as we are looking to do a hard start at Noon.

Alpha Strike hosted by Craig Alpen on December 16th. Start time at 2:00 pm MT.

Prometheum5

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 26 October 2023, 10:22:18 »
At the moment, the Demo Team website is being built to be able to provide a means to do just that. I am not sure on when it will be ready, however, if you let me know where you are I can ask and get back to you with some type of definitive answer. Though it may take a minute.

I'm upstate NY. I know there's Brooklyn and LI groups but that's  a bit of a hike. I'm not aware of anything within say, an hour of here.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 26 October 2023, 14:38:45 »
TW Scenarios in Arizona:
Sunday Dec 3, 1pm @ Games U (Gilbert, AZ)
Saturday Dec 9, 1pm @ Imperial Outpost (Glendale, AZ)

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 26 October 2023, 18:54:47 »
Running the TW version Saturday 18 November, 1230-5pm at Bookery Games in Fairborn, OH.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #28 on: 26 October 2023, 20:22:03 »
I'm upstate NY. I know there's Brooklyn and LI groups but that's  a bit of a hike. I'm not aware of anything within say, an hour of here.

I'm not familiar with upstate NY, which city do you live in or are nearest to as that will help check if there are agents near there.

ErgunZang

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
« Reply #29 on: 26 October 2023, 21:25:18 »

I am in Ithaca and will be running the WWE sometime at a FLGS. Is that any closer?

Register