Author Topic: Down at the holler--The Filtvelt Coalition Faction Page  (Read 33157 times)

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
Re: Down at the holler--The Filtvelt Coalition Faction Page
« Reply #120 on: 27 December 2019, 21:40:26 »
The only thing I could find was the white on purple symbol for the Thumpers Assault unit.  Some fan ones have them in tiger stripe orange.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #121 on: 27 December 2019, 23:29:00 »
The Militia‘s shortage of supplies often leaves their equipment in locally-produced black primer, but units with the means have adopted a bright orange as their standard color. - Camospecs
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #122 on: 28 December 2019, 00:27:18 »
i copied this from one of the sourcebooks to post in an old thread, but darned if i can find it again right now, IIRC it was a pre-dark age era work so this represents the earlier days of the Militia.
The Militia's shortage of supplies often leaves their equipment in locally-produced black primer, but units with the means have adopted a bright orange as their standard color.

my current Icon is a Hound in Militia colors, TRO art with colors by a friend.

kevarin_hound_filtvelt_militia by Mark Temple, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 28 December 2019, 00:34:15 by glitterboy2098 »

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #123 on: 28 December 2019, 03:31:26 »
Thanks! Well, if I do that, it'll be colourful ... the Thumpers favour yellow & black trim.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #124 on: 28 December 2019, 16:00:44 »
Basically, all the Filtvelt military equipment is painted up like like construction machinery and/or firetrucks.   ;D
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #125 on: 29 December 2019, 16:12:29 »
So I have my battalion planned. Looking for an excuse to buy some Skytrex Action 200 (1:200 scale minis), so a platoon of Chieftans as Rommels, and a platoon of M60A2s (the 'Starship') as Pattons, plus a platoon of Ranger VV1s for the armour. The 'Mechs are already put aside.

I'll be going the 3rd Filtvelt Defenders - a nice little comment to the effect that they're organised for combined arms at the company level. So justifies a nice organisation with lance of 'Mechs, platoon of armour, platoon of vehicles.

Must do some proof of concepts to get the right orange - not sure to go base drab orange with brighter highlights, or base brighter orange with drab highlights.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #126 on: 31 December 2019, 11:28:10 »
What mechs are you using btw?

Right now, I could field a Filtvelt 3145 expeditionary force if I wanted to . . . hmm, and might for a pick up game!

Hound
Hawkwolf
Hetzer
Hetzer
and maybe some J Edgars for giggles . . . unfortunately, they will all be forest camo or primer.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Onion2112

• Sergeant
« Reply #127 on: 31 December 2019, 23:25:21 »
Since you have a “H” theme going, you could add a Hornet (HNT-182 model) - this was initially a major refit but could possibly be in production (see TRO Republic Vol II)

Filtvelt is at least refitting or even producing Javelins too (JVN-11P model) TRO:3145 NTNU.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #128 on: 01 January 2020, 22:35:35 »
What mechs are you using btw?

I'm using up minis I already have in my strategic reserve - trying to run them down before the KS minis arrive. Old minis look somewhat anaemic next to the new GoAC minis. So I've got:

Charger
Banshee
Archer
Jagermech

Shadow Hawk
Hatchetman
Quickdraw
Whitworth

Locust
Assassin
Cicada
Clint

Filtvelt has all these at Early Republic era, I just need to work out the variants so I can mod the minis. Whitworth, for instance, is going to be the WTH-1H RL carrier version.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #129 on: 02 January 2020, 10:17:14 »
Heh, I LOVE the WTH-1H . . . my mercs managed to salvage a -1S that was pretty chewed up and it was cheaper to put it back together as a -1H, which makes it a good trainer & guard.  Any Thunderbolt toting variants of those?

No Hound?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #130 on: 02 February 2020, 22:26:27 »
97Jedi and I were trying for something a bit less “Dukes of Filtvelt” but that didn’t seem to go through. It was Blue-Grey with red trim.
Maker of big things.