Author Topic: (Answered) Marksman/Sharpshooter SPAs & indirect fire  (Read 1942 times)

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
(Answered) Marksman/Sharpshooter SPAs & indirect fire
« on: 24 March 2018, 03:55:19 »
Do the marksman and/or sharpshooter SPAs work in conjunction with indirect fire, or are the benefits of the SPAs only applicable to direct fire attacks?

The rules (p.56 of Alpha Strike Companion for sharpshooter, or p.5 of Alpha Strike Companion Errata v1.1 for marksman) do not state it must be a direct fire attack. The descriptive text for sharpshooter states "accomplished gunner who can strike at his enemy’s weakest points with deadly accuracy", and "skilled at placing his shots for maximum effect" for marksman". The descriptive text made me wonder if a direct fire attack was implied?

(While writing this question I also noticed that sharpshooter could probably use some errata, it states "and delivers attack that succeeds by a margin". The marksman errata states "successful weapon attack" so I would assume this should apply to the sharpshooter also.) 
« Last Edit: 24 October 2018, 11:55:35 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Marksman/Sharpshooter SPAs & indirect fire
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2018, 11:55:24 »
The rules for either don't state any limitation to direct fire attacks, so they affect indirect fire as well.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets