Author Topic: MORE Steel Viper: Zeta Galaxy Star  (Read 1256 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
MORE Steel Viper: Zeta Galaxy Star
« on: 29 January 2017, 23:48:07 »
Tried my hand at painting silver...  I mixed some of the metallic silver I had in with some gray.  Worked out, they shine, but not too much.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2017, 23:57:54 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: MORE Steel Viper: Zeta Galaxy Star
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2017, 02:54:13 »
Very nice - a well-rounded second line star!

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2017, 09:58:32 »
Thanks man.  I'm actually considering painting the bases a different color....  thanks.   :D

OH.  It's also worth noting that I lost the head for the Incubus a LOOOOOOONG time ago...  had to make a new one using some scrap pewter.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2017, 17:19:34 »
 O0

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2017, 17:26:52 »
Thanks man.  I'm actually considering painting the bases a different color....  thanks.   :D

OH.  It's also worth noting that I lost the head for the Incubus a LOOOOOOONG time ago...  had to make a new one using some scrap pewter.

Nicely done! HAdn't noticed that, which means you did a good job O0

One thing - I haven't done scales in anger myself, but I did do a trial years ago. Cheap trick - use a fine-tip black felt-tip to draw an arc at the base of each scale (opposite the lighter dab), for illusion of depth.  Try before you commit though, in case it doesn't work here.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register