Author Topic: Playing Alpha Strike using MapTool  (Read 1033 times)

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
Playing Alpha Strike using MapTool
« on: 29 December 2015, 08:37:17 »
So, I've been fooling around a bit with VTTs and I realized I could probably hack together a solution that would let you play Alpha Strike using MapTool. If you don't know, MapTool is a Java based Virtual TableTop that's designed for playing RPGs online.

So, after 2 days of fooling around, I've got something working! I posted it originally yesterday, thought it fit best in the Computer Games sub-forum. But nobody seems to have noticed.

So I decided to post about it here and link to my original post here. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=50425.msg1164658

If nobody wants this, then I'll just go back to my life. But if anybody is actually interested in this, then I'll keep working at it. So, if this is at all interesting to you, please let me know. Also, anybody know if it's OK if I program the Critical Hits table into it?
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Playing Alpha Strike using MapTool
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2015, 11:26:23 »
I'd recommend looking at the stuff Eugee has posted.  I don't know if he's still around, but I doubt there'd be a better guy to talk to about your questions.

A batrep with his online adaptation of AS

His 3D map thread

doulos05

• Warrant Officer
Re: Playing Alpha Strike using MapTool
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2015, 22:36:10 »
That looks pretty awesome! Pity it costs money, but either way I'll message him to ask what he knows about the tables.
I mean, it's not like once you having something in low Earth orbit you can stick a gassy astronaut on the outside after Chili Night and fart it anywhere in the solar system.