Author Topic: 2750 Taurian Lance?  (Read 3123 times)

Isanova

• Lieutenant
  • There you are!
2750 Taurian Lance?
« on: 22 October 2012, 07:20:02 »
What would yours look like? What would be realistic?

Mine:

2750, ready to take on any SLDF scum any day! 

Fire Support:
Charger CGR-1A1
Toro TR-A-6
Toro TR-A-6
Toro TR-A-6

Recon:
Phoenix Hawk PHX-1
Wasp WSP-1A
Stinger STG-3R
Firestarter FS9-H

Command:
WHM-6L Warhammer
TDR-5S Thunderbolt
RFL-3N Rifleman
SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
Freeborn and proud~

Maelwys

• Major
Re: 2750 Taurian Lance?
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2012, 08:18:42 »
They seem decent enough, though you might get some people complaining about the Toros, since they're supposed to be quite rare after the Reunification War. Though lets face it, if they're going to pull out any hidden Toros, the 2750's and 60's would be the time.

Isanova

• Lieutenant
  • There you are!
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2012, 14:21:27 »
They seem decent enough, though you might get some people complaining about the Toros, since they're supposed to be quite rare after the Reunification War. Though lets face it, if they're going to pull out any hidden Toros, the 2750's and 60's would be the time.

Rare sure (forgot about that) but also... weren't a lot of mechs basically hand-built with smuggled and salvaged parts? I imagine Toro parts would be easier to find than most.
Freeborn and proud~

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2012, 16:00:35 »
By 2750, the Toro was already extinct, and had been since the end of the Reunification War. RWR-built Phoenixes or local Stingers would fit better and make more sense.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2012, 16:59:08 »
Not according to TRO 3075. It states that "few" Toros survived the Reunification War, meaning some did. The extinction of it is stated as "only one survived the Star League," indicating that the remaining few were lost between the Reunification War and the fall of the Star League. So the extinction date for the Toro really isn't until the 2780s when the Star League disbanded.

So in 2750 there could still be a few hanging around. The Star League probably wouldn't like it much, but the possibility is there.

Rare sure (forgot about that) but also... weren't a lot of mechs basically hand-built with smuggled and salvaged parts? I imagine Toro parts would be easier to find than most.

I'm not sure about that. There were probably some built like that, but it seems like the majority of the Periphery's `Mechs from the uprising were misplaced from factories, rather than being hand built in a cave somewhere (though again, I'm sure there are some like that).

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2012, 17:41:33 »
Not according to TRO 3075. It states that "few" Toros survived the Reunification War, meaning some did. The extinction of it is stated as "only one survived the Star League," indicating that the remaining few were lost between the Reunification War and the fall of the Star League.

The reason only one survived is that the League made destroying all remaining Toros a policy to hopefully reduce Taurian nationalist sentiment.  My guess would be that those losses happened fairly promptly.  It's not impossible a handful could have been hidden away (that's how the lone survivor survived, after all) but it's unlikely and canonically unknown.  Also completely possible to do in your own game.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2012, 19:38:57 »
Right, but the fluff specifically says that "few" (as in, more than one) survived the Reunification War. And then the only other data we have is that after the Star League fell, there was 1.

So from 2600 to 2780ish, all the information we really have is comment about a few surviving the Reunification War meaning its possible those few are still around until the 2750s.

jeyar

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2012, 17:15:26 »
So the early ones were made in a factory and the later ones (post Star League) were built in a garage maybe?  ???

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 23 October 2012, 17:32:19 »
No, they were built in at least one factory in the Federated Suns but that apparently dried up later on since the design isn't present in notable numbers in FS ranks, even militias, after 3085.  The one in the Calderon Protectorate was apparently still going strong in 3085 based on the eponymous Field Manual.  The Toro didn't reenter production until the Jihad, though, and that was the TR-A-1 primitive model.  The TR-A-6 is still extinct.

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 26 October 2012, 11:09:55 »
Another point to remember:  SL-era mech units still had fairly homogeneous makeups.  As such, you'd probably see entire lances of the same unit type (SL used entire BATTALIONS of the same mech, so for a ragtag Periphery unit I'd expect Lances instead of Battalions).

Not as fun, but probably more realistic.
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2012, 11:25:55 »
It's actually still not unknown for House or Periphery units to have mixed lances from what I understand.

FedComGirl

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2012, 15:09:13 »
Considering the facts that the Star Leage dismantled the Toro factory in 2598 and actively went about destroying surviving Toros and production sites, so I don't the few survivors of the Reunification War survived very long.

I think the only ones that would have remained until the fall of the Star League would have been in the hands of the Capellans, Davions, Pirates, private collectors/museums, or hidden away like Black Bessie. I also think most of those wouldn't have lasted long. They would have already been salvaged at least once to get where they are. The House, especially Davion, probably would have destroyed them and been properly compensated by the SLDF. Those used by pirates wouldn't have lasted long and the rest would have been scavenged for parts during the succession wars.