Author Topic: Daaaang that was fast work  (Read 3983 times)

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
Daaaang that was fast work
« on: 20 March 2018, 11:57:29 »
Just a shout out to the IWM team for being fast.

I put in an order on the weekend for some units, including an Archive one (Sunder Re-sculpt), and it shipped out today. 

Major kudos for the speed, especially including the archive. (Hopefully it was already spun and ready from some other order, but if not. really wow!).
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Daaaang that was fast work
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2018, 14:36:40 »
Every time I read people complain about how long it takes IWM to get an order done, I always know it's convention season, and I always hope they'll make another order during the offseason so they can see the difference. Order in August, yeah, it'll be a bit- order in March, and the metal is almost still hot when the box arrives. Their customer service really is second to none.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2018, 18:01:11 »
I recently placed a sizable order for a pile of vehicles and it was at my door in about a week. any problems over the years with an order are resolved very quickly.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2018, 18:52:20 »
I'll back their service as well.  Did two very large orders this winter.  One in December and one in January.  Both ordered on a Sunday and both arrived by the following Saturday.  Great folks there and top notch customer service.  :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2018, 21:19:21 »
As a Purveyor of Miniature Pewter Armaments, my orders do take a bit of time to pack and make their way across the Pacific, especially if I place them during con season, but I can always count on the great customer service from IWM.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2018, 12:40:15 »
....aaaaand delivered. Total time: 3.25 business days, including shipping from OH to WA. It was 6 minis (and a few bases)
Demo team agent #772

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2018, 18:22:31 »
Sadly, one mech was incorrect. The blister packing was right, but the contents were a completely different mech. :(

Already emailed about it.
Demo team agent #772

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2018, 19:20:44 »
that's a new one. when i get errors it's usually missing parts or bad casting. the closest i ever got to the wrong mech was reseen longbow legs in a reseen wolverine blister.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #8 on: 26 March 2018, 22:17:02 »
I had a couple of times when I purchased a blister with the wrong pieces in it (most humorously was a Templar that had Locust IIC arms), but that was a decade ago.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #9 on: 26 March 2018, 22:31:14 »
I had a blister once that was Specter/Falconer mix up a decade ago.

Looked at what was in it & thought,  now that ain't right,  lol.

Also had my Pixie-LAMs not come with the JJ Pylons in them but that was back in the 80's before IWM I think.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2018, 00:43:31 »
This was archive sunder box, but archive shrike in it.
Demo team agent #772

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2018, 08:05:14 »
My favorite one was in 2005, getting a Supernova's legs and torso, but arm sprue for a Caesar instead of the expected Supernova arms. For those who own both miniatures, you're probably looking at the two, the difference in size in the arms, and laughing at what Ol' Stubby was going to look like if I'd just kitbashed it with the accidental arms. Hated to have to bug the Officewench about it, but the right arms were needed, alas. (As an apology she sent the 'missing' components to the Caesar as well, lest I have spare limbs laying around)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 01 April 2018, 22:02:25 »
I recently got a bunch of dasher arms. One dasher variant arm was in a bag for another, and vice-versa, but no big deal.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 01 April 2018, 22:03:35 »
I recently got a bunch of dasher arms. One dasher variant arm was in a bag for another, and vice-versa, but no big deal.

Shipping is good considering it's int'l and as fast as anything coming from that distance.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2018, 14:37:01 »
My favorite one was in 2005, getting a Supernova's legs and torso, but arm sprue for a Caesar instead of the expected Supernova arms. For those who own both miniatures, you're probably looking at the two, the difference in size in the arms, and laughing at what Ol' Stubby was going to look like if I'd just kitbashed it with the accidental arms. Hated to have to bug the Officewench about it, but the right arms were needed, alas. (As an apology she sent the 'missing' components to the Caesar as well, lest I have spare limbs laying around)

It could have been a T-Rex Supernova . . . those little stubby arms, lol.

Yeah, I just sent a message apologizing for not catching it when a order arrived- I was missing my J Edgar hovertanks- too excited about the dropship they sent me and 2 mechs I was putting together for a game the next week.  When I went back to get the tanks, I noticed they were missing from the box- a year & a half later.  No hassle, and they even turned down my attempt to pay shipping.

I have absolutely no qualms ordering from them, b/c if by some weird twist of fate something is messed up they are on it.  Right now we are trying to get a big enough order from the people playing at my FLGS to entice the owners to buy directly from IWM rather than through the distributor who only carries recent releases.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."