Author Topic: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 3  (Read 3856 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 3
« on: 21 April 2019, 19:52:41 »
We're back again, going through the third track of our early Jihad campaign.  As usual, I played the part of the Marik/Merc/Word forces, and the players the invading mercs.  This time the players were striking at the first of two supply depots.  Objectives were to 1) capture or destroy all marked supply buildings and 2) capture the communications tower.  Bonus points for taking out all enemy Hunter missile tanks.  Also, if they were able to capture half the supply buildings, they would not have to spend points for repair and rearming after the track.

They players were successful in both the first objective, and pretty much wiping out the opposing force.  They brought some heavy fire support in the form of LRM carriers, one lance of Catapults, and a lance of Crusaders.  More than enough to discourage the enemy from sticking their head out of the base and to take out the gate and walls.  However, they took their first serious losses this time, and were unable to capture the comm tower before the Word forces destroyed it themselves to prevent capture.  They did pick up some good salvage which made up for some of the losses.

Overall another good game, and a big one for us as well.  All told we had over four companies of units on the board.  It was glorious. 8)

Pictures are attached.  We'll be back at again next month as the players continue to dive further into Marik/Word territory.  Have a great one all! :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike: Early Jihad Campaign, Track 3
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2019, 19:56:35 »
Some more.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2019, 19:57:38 »
And more.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2019, 20:00:42 »
And the last group.  Got to put the new battlemats for classic to use after we finished up the AS game.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2019, 23:24:00 »
The salvage is nice, but I'm gonna miss my MAD-2R and TDR (C).

That was a WHM-9D we salvaged, right?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2019, 00:09:21 »
Close, WHM-9S.  Plus you never know what other kinds of goodies may be found along the way. ;)

Son of Kerenski

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Everything is AWESOME.
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2019, 20:01:06 »
Great looking game and pics! Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2019, 19:27:11 »
Great looking game and pics! Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
Most welcome and more than happy to support the game. :)

Register