Author Topic: What to do with mispacked miniatures?  (Read 3527 times)

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
What to do with mispacked miniatures?
« on: 04 May 2013, 16:12:18 »
Recentaly I won a handful of auction on Ebays, including one of what I though were going to be Longinus battle armor suits still in the blister. However when the loot arrived I was surprised  to see that the suits were decidedly not the ones listed on the packaging. However they all had a Ral Partha 1998 stamp on their bases, and I can see a paper tag inside telling me where to send the product so Ral Partha could handle any defects. Ironically this is the only time i recall seeing such a tag in my battletech blisters, and also the first time I've seen such a mispackaged set. After a bit of digging it seems that they are the older sculpt of the Gray Death Legion battle armor though it's hard to tell without opening up the blister. The background for the card is the yellowish color whichhas a Atlas coming in off to the left hand side of the card firing its weapons.

I also have another unopened blister of Gray Death BA but this one has a fanpro logo in the upper right corner and the background for it is an unseen warhammer.

So my questions are. Has anyone else ever encountered such a situation with mispacked suits before? Or have I been duped and bought some kind of 'fake' where the seller popped some other suits into a blister and resealed it?

Also I know that people who collect things such as action figures often seek out mispackaged goods so I'm curious if there are hobbyists who collect similar curiosities in regards to Battletech merchandise.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: What to do with mispacked miniatures?
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2013, 17:49:06 »
Unfortunately because you did not buy them direct from IWM...they may or may not do anything for you. Best to contact Melissa at officewench@ironwindmetals.com. Explain to her...honestly...that you got them from ebay. She's VERY helpful...and if because you did not buy them direct, they can't do anything for you...she might give you a discount on replacement units. It's worth a shot.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2013, 02:04:59 »
Actually, I would advice against contacting IWM... It's 15 year old blister, produced by another company... It's simply not IWM's job to do anything about it.
That's like contacting Apple about problems with Windows 3.1 and asking them to give you a new installation disc...
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2013, 02:29:10 »
So my questions are. Has anyone else ever encountered such a situation with mispacked suits before? Or have I been duped and bought some kind of 'fake' where the seller popped some other suits into a blister and resealed it?

The most suspicious is the one with the Unseen Warhammer and the fanpro logo, but I think both might have been faked sets.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Genyosha

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2013, 03:37:41 »
The most suspicious is the one with the Unseen Warhammer and the fanpro logo, but I think both might have been faked sets.

Your ignorance is great.  O0
This blisters are made for the german market.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2013, 03:41:56 »
Your ignorance is great.  O0
This blisters are made for the german market.

Huh...I never knew that they put the german book publisher, not the IP holder on the RP Europe blisters.
I figured it would still have had "FASA" up there. I do stand corrected. (I may have been ignorant, but I am
not stupid! I *CAN* be taught!  ;) O0 :D)
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2013, 03:58:50 »
What's interesting is that they had different card backs for the English-speaking European market. 
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2013, 08:48:15 »
What is on the back of the card?

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2013, 12:07:56 »
Oh waddaya know the fanpro one (With the warhammer) has text in german on the back of the card. Odd how I didn't noticed that despite having the blister for over a year now. It also has a big orange sticker informing me that it is made of Ralidium LEAD FREE pewter.

The one I just received (that being the mispacked one with the normal yellowish card front) has the standard Ral Partha information and information I can find on a couple of other old card backs I had laying in my bits box. It also has a price sticker for ...6.95 for the blister of 24 battle armor. How times have changed.

Genyosha

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2013, 17:23:37 »
Huh...I never knew that they put the german book publisher, not the IP holder on the RP Europe blisters.
I figured it would still have had "FASA" up there. I do stand corrected. (I may have been ignorant, but I am
not stupid! I *CAN* be taught!  ;) O0 :D)

Fasa, Ral Partha Enterprise and Fanpro are on back.

Oh waddaya know the fanpro one (With the warhammer) has text in german on the back of the card. Odd how I didn't noticed that despite having the blister for over a year now. It also has a big orange sticker informing me that it is made of Ralidium LEAD FREE pewter.

This back?
« Last Edit: 05 May 2013, 17:33:37 by Genyosha »

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2013, 17:34:38 »
Yep. That seems to be an exact match for it. Though it's not the one that's mispacked. I just happened to have it on hand when the blister I thought was Longinus suits came in.

« Last Edit: 05 May 2013, 17:37:17 by George_Labour »

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2013, 01:55:43 »
I usually shrug and take it.

I've gotten some awful funky packages before when I bought something, but I've always gotten SOMETHING.  So I shrug and use it for something.

;)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2013, 10:11:23 »
Aye I fully intend to make use of it. But since I already had the other package (and no real need for 48 GD suits at this time) I was curious if there were people who'd want/need oddities such as an unopened blister with the wrong things inside of it. Plus it never hurts to see if I'm dealing with a scammer even when the odds weren't in favor of that outcome.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2013, 20:19:18 »
I was curious if there were people who'd want/need oddities such as an unopened blister with the wrong things inside of it.

I'd suggest asking around on LotB or BTU, since even Hinting at Buying/Selling/Trading is Forbidden here.   :D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2013, 00:21:15 »
Asking people to PM you or contact via email, or yes even going to outside sites is one thing.
Putting out there that you are selling at (insert price range) or that your paypal account is (insert name) in public is another matter.
So hinting is perfectly fine.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

George_Labour

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2013, 12:08:23 »
I was more worried I'd been ripped off than anything else. But I was also curious about the collector's aspect of the hobby so I figured I'd saddle that question on there as well and hope it didn't veer into that one particular rule involving advertising.

But now that I know I didn't get ripped off I guess this has served its purpose so thanks to the folks who helped me with my query.