Author Topic: Welcome to the Nebula California  (Read 8725 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Welcome to the Nebula California
« on: 01 April 2015, 12:55:24 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with Welcome to the Nebula California.

Product Link: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3430

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Welcome to the Nebula California
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2015, 20:22:44 »
Xotl, if this doesn't fit the forum rules please delete it ... rereading the entire thread, while hilarious, was enough to give me a headache!

Welcome to the Nebula California
April Fools Product
... The only page numbers you'll get out of me are the ones I (hopefully correct) got from the main thread.

Nebula California … clarifications and errata

Page 6:
Quote: How many crits do Rotors take? 1 or 2? Page 42 says 1 while page 4 says 2.
--*sigh* Damn it! Errata. That has to be 1 slot per Rotor, or it could never place any in the legs.

Page 7:
Quote: Would the big guns on the AT-TE and AT-AP be Rifle Cannons or Artillery Cannons?
--Whatever works in your game, unless Paul has an opinion. It's possible they are a weapon    system we simply don't have on the books now.

Quote: What's the VTOL AutoMech's cruising speed? Page 36 says that their cruising MP is equal to the MPs provided by their equipment. The example has a VTOL with 6 rotors having a 6/9 Cruise/Flank speed. Page 44 says that Rotors give 1.5 MP for cruising speed. So a AutoMech with 6 Rotors should move at 9/14 Cruise/Flank. I think. So how fast is a VTOL AutoMech with 6 Rotors?
--Of, for Cat's sake. Another errata! Maybe if I bothered to make a VTOL AutoMech I would    have caught that, but I felt I had enough with the existence of key leadership units on both    sides that I didn't need to deal with outliers like Blackout, Airachnid, and Springer. *sigh*    The 1.5 VTOL MP per Rotor stands, and it's supposed to be the Cruise MP at that; so a    VTOL AutoMech with 6 Rotors gets 9/14 Cruise/Flank MP in VTOL form.

Page 11:
Quote: Rules say that Automechs can only convert at ground level. So no conversions in space? What about boat and sub Automechs? Can they convert while floating in the water or do they have to hit the beach/floor of the ocean before they can convert?
--None in space, though they may do that inside a DropShip cargo bay. The naval ones must    enter Depth 1 water before conversion.

Quote:  Can Automech's vehicle forms be made Amphibious?
--Technically, as BattleMechs they already are... just not floatation-capable unless they have    a naval form. (IndustrialMech AutoMechs need the Environmental Sealing Mod to do the same.)

Page 21:
Quote: When it comes to turrets I just fluff and label the weapons accordingly, right? Can AutoMechs mount extra turrets?
--Nope. One turret only. What goes into that turret is established by mounting location (using    the AutoMech alternate mode hit locations tables on p. 38). In other words, ALL arm-   mounted weapons on vehicle/VTOL AutoMechs with turrets (plus the head and rear-facing    CT weapons) automatically become turret-mounted weapons in the AutoMech's non-Mech    form. Emplacement AutoMechs in emplacement mode also automatically assign ALL Arm and    Head-mounted weapons to a turret arc.

Page 23:
Quote: so just a smart car that can transport things ... as a robotic drone it could just do it's job.  Would a combat tank still be able to fight? or would it need to be a remote controlled unit?
--I think a tank can be built as a robotic drone unit, so it can still fight. In the case of a    remote controlled drone, I know I haven't said this in the rules, but I'd say the AutoMechs    can automatically act as a remote drone control unit without needing the command modules;    talking to other machines is just a built-in capability for them.

Quote: How many drones can an AutoMech control?
--I'm gonna go with "unlimited", since they'd command them the same way a human    commander might order about his subordinates. Think of these drones as simpler, blank-   personality robotic units, rather than remote-controlled drones. (An AutoMech is just a    robotic drone with an artificially generated personality and programmed skill-set that    *simulates* lifelike behavior, but without true free will; they can't choose sides or willingly    stop the war they're fighting, for example, and each of their classes are not selected by    the AutoMech itself, but by their base programming at creation. Even the faction's    "personnel needs" are determined by algorithms that identify their faction's needs on a    base-by-base basis, using a number of criteria (too few warriors for the facility size? not    enough workers to handle the resource load? more scientists needed to seek new resource    veins as each one taps out? That kind of thing.)

Page 28:
Quote:  Cool.  Did any Star Empire unit mount AMS though? I don't remember seeing them.
--Nope. Weird, huh?  What you want is p. 96 of Strat Ops, and the knowledge that Laser Cannons can be switched to Point Defense mode.  (Wait, where did I put that last part?)

Page 29:
Quote:  … what about Large Blasters or Dual Blasters? [Used as PD weapons]
--… Hell no. Blasters suck.

"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Wolf72

• Captain
Re: Welcome to the Nebula California
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2015, 08:36:56 »
Page 30:
Quote:      Capital Shields can block 200 capital damage ... so an x-wing that hits with all 4 lasers would cause 3.2 (3) capital damage?
   Yes, though they can block 2000 capital damage.

Page 31:
Quote: … 2000 standard damage? (not capital?)
   20,000 standard, or 2,000 capital.
   But note the rules concerning the kinds of weapons it interacts with.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Register