Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
And on top of that, there's the inexorable, incurable brain damage that the implants needed to pilot Protomechs cause.  When you're already looking at a critical shortage of warm bodies for your military, something that's going to accelerate the rate at which you lose troops is the opposite of what you want.
If your concern is losing Warriors to wash out, you're still better served just letting them do another TOP.  Protos solved a problem for Smoke Jaguar and continue to solve a problem for the Horses and Ravens; that problem doesn't exist for the Falcons.  The only "problem" that Protos would solve for the Falcons is a cultural one for which the answer is not exclusively (or at all given their current state of zero infrastructure) protos.

I'd say that the cultural issue is even more firmly against Protos; the Scientist Caste revolt in Falcon space was built around the supposedly-abandoned ProtoMech program. I am fully aware of the hypocrisies of Clan society and honor, but fielding a symbol of revolt is a step too far.
BattleMechs / Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Last post by RifleMech on 12 May 2024, 19:47:30 »
Love the artwork! Thank you Herb!
Off Topic / Re: What Are We Listening To: This List Goes Up To Eleven!
« Last post by ColBosch on 12 May 2024, 19:46:46 »
I don't tend to like live albums, probably because I have been to so many shows (including those I worked, I've seen literally hundreds). But I do like Pink Floyd's Pulse and Metallica's S&M. (Dis)honorable mention to Type O Negative's Origin of the Feces; it wasn't actually recorded at a venue and the crowd noise is simulated, but to the best of my knowledge it *is* a one-take performance.

"Bottom of a Bottle" - Butcher Babies
BattleMechs / Re: Filling in the Syberian AutoMechs (Open Thread)
« Last post by RifleMech on 12 May 2024, 19:36:38 »
The prototype Thunderbolt's weighed 1 ton. You could make 6 of them look like a 6-shot revolver or pistol. It's not as devastating as a Thunderbolt-20 but it'd only weigh 6 tons.
BattleTech Miniatures / Re: The Royal Dick: Journey to ReaperCon
« Last post by abou on 12 May 2024, 19:31:08 »
Working on the shadow side. Wasn't expecting such a copper look, but here we are. Main goal was to avoid any colors with yellow in it to communicate that it is in shadow. There will undoubtedly be adjustments later.
Off Topic / Re: What Are We Listening To: This List Goes Up To Eleven!
« Last post by rebs on 12 May 2024, 19:26:43 »
My favorite live album of all time is a toss up.

Ozzy Osborne’s Tribute to Randy Rhodes

Or

Live After Death by Iron Maiden

Anyone else?

Listening to Running Free ~ Iron Maiden
Made the trip a few times myself.  I’ve been under it too, whilst on the boat trip a couple years back.
BattleMechs / Re: How about a 4/6/7 Penetrator
« Last post by Daryk on 12 May 2024, 18:08:35 »
I see what you mean... a 3/5/7 55-ton 'mech with 2 Snubbies and 2 Medium Pulse Lasers is just over 5.5M C-Bills with a standard engine.  You could fit TSM, but you'd have to scrape up another crit to make it fit.
BattleMechs / Re: How about a 4/6/7 Penetrator
« Last post by Hellraiser on 12 May 2024, 17:52:05 »
No thanks, not on that chassis.

XL & lack of Hands means I don't see the need to get in close & pay for those IJJs, C-Bills, & Side Torso vulnerability, when I can get the same effect from a 55 ton mech cheaper.

Now, that movement profile on say, a Battlemaster I could see maybe.  Hands & TSM added would be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Register