Author Topic: Battletech Condition Tracking  (Read 1428 times)

Pythagoras

• Recruit
Battletech Condition Tracking
« on: 06 May 2023, 13:08:04 »
I saw an old post where peeps were discussing how they mark their movement and attack modifiers on the game board. I found something on Cults3d and think this may be something I could use.

However, it is missing modifier tracking, so I added a new part to it. I'm sure on a tight table it will be hard to track things and fit the mechs in a small area. But then again, I found it to be confusing when there are many mechs in a small area where there are marking dice all mixed together anyway.

This is what I am playing with. Maybe others have ideas they can add? these are big enough to fit a standard hex base onto/into. The square die holder will hold a standard 12mm die.

Original creator of hex ring: SHIAIC3D
File Name: HEX BASE - CONDITION MARKERS
File location: cults3d

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Battletech Condition Tracking
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2023, 17:40:34 »
It's a great idea, but practically prevents other minis being put in the hex behind without stability issues.

The thing about movement dice, or the new counters in the alpha strike box, is that you can move them around to allow for that sort of thing.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Pythagoras

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2023, 16:18:24 »
I played a few games with these since I posted last. They work really good. They can be moved one hex face to the left or right if space becomes an issue. None of the games we played had that issue anyway. We have a Monday Knight mat with slightly larger hexes.

At no time did anyone misunderstand what I had moved and what the mods were. The same could not be said of their mechs when they marked theirs with two different colored dice. The next person marked their own with an entirely different dice color scheme. The table can get crowded with that many dice.

They were also useful to mark the space I started moving from. I tend to lose track. Just pick the mech up, and not the counter, and make a move. Move mech back if needed.

Anyway, this works for me. I am sure people wouldn't like to move these around for a whole game.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2023, 19:07:45 »
The groups I play with generally bring a couple of bricks of commonly colored dice (white for walk, red for run, blue for jump) for movement dice.  Your solution is certainly clearer for people who aren't in the group, though.  Nice work!  :thumbsup:

gunner

• Sergeant
  • Todays a good day to die, YOU FIRST
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2023, 07:28:10 »
My personal issue with the 3 sets of micro/tiny dice  for movement is still a lot of dice to keep track of.  I been using a D 10 for decades.  The die goes behind the mech.  Pointed toward the mech is RUN  away from mech is WALK Side ways is JUMP  0 sideways is NO MOVE.  the easiest way to explain it, its is a gas pedal.  I gotten fresh newbies to use it with very little problems. There is never a problem of the die being used for a mech roll.
Long life through fire superiority
IN range  and ON target  M 60 MG

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2023, 17:53:59 »
For game rolls, we all use bigger dice of different colors.

warriorsoul

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2023, 12:00:38 »
This post does give me an idea. Not for a movement tracker, but using some kind of 3D print like this to fill in the sloped sides of a hex base, maybe transform it into a circular shape for integration with dioramas.
My Imgur:
https://imgur.com/user/warriorssoul/posts

My Instagram:
@faithandheresy

My Camo Specs page:
https://camospecs.com/author/warriors-soul/

Register