Author Topic: Suggestions and photos for your manzinger z mods?  (Read 734 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Suggestions and photos for your manzinger z mods?
« on: 25 January 2024, 17:04:21 »
Hello surely I am not the only person here who grew up a fan of tranzor z or manzinger as much later learned it was usually called! I was wondering if folks have painted up models to look like manzinger and if so what mini do you use as the starting point?

Luciora

• Major
Re: Suggestions and photos for your manzinger z mods?
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2024, 18:08:57 »
Closest I've done is Jet Jaguar and Dancouga.  I was eyeing a Phoenix Hawk for Mazinger based off a Valkyrie mod I saw

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2024, 18:46:57 »
Closest I've done is Jet Jaguar and Dancouga.  I was eyeing a Phoenix Hawk for Mazinger based off a Valkyrie mod I saw

Lucirira! I should have just asked you directly! These are great I was thinking the first Atlas II sculpt but yes the Akuma is a great one too…

And maybe the hatamoto chi?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2024, 13:05:57 »
Mazinger is pretty lanky with with a no frills aesthetic, so any humanoid mech would be ok.  The biggest hurdle i see is making a reasonably accurate head at that size.

Bonus if the mech has rounded shoulders like the Atlas or Akuma.  Hmm even a Gunslinger might work come to think of it.

Lucirira! I should have just asked you directly! These are great I was thinking the first Atlas II sculpt but yes the Akuma is a great one too…

And maybe the hatamoto chi?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2024, 14:22:58 »
Mazinger is pretty lanky with with a no frills aesthetic, so any humanoid mech would be ok.  The biggest hurdle i see is making a reasonably accurate head at that size.

Bonus if the mech has rounded shoulders like the Atlas or Akuma.  Hmm even a Gunslinger might work come to think of it.

Lanky is the key word and why I think I will
Use that first atlas ii

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2024, 15:45:49 »
Post wip pics!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2024, 12:38:47 »
I just had a great idea hit me this morning, lanky, with the overall barrel shaped arms and legs.  The PP Crusader redesign.  Even has all the weapons in the arms.  Removable head is a plus for easier substitution and modding.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 28 January 2024, 19:45:42 »
I just had a great idea hit me this morning, lanky, with the overall barrel shaped arms and legs.  The PP Crusader redesign.  Even has all the weapons in the arms.  Removable head is a plus for easier substitution and modding.

This one?

https://www.ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping/product/2593-crusader-crd-8l.html

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2024, 21:01:36 »
Those arms specifically, but the 5K for the body and legs.  Could use putty to round out the legs.

This one?

https://www.ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping/product/2593-crusader-crd-8l.html

Register