Author Topic: Shredder and Splinter WiP  (Read 314 times)

Luciora

• Major
Shredder and Splinter WiP
« on: 14 February 2024, 00:31:55 »
Working on some additions to my Turbie force. 

Original though for Splinter was a tossup between a Wolfhound or a Panther.  Was leaning more to the Panther for Splinter's origin of a Ronin, as the Wolfhound was more LC.  Also the wolhound head I would have preferred was on a older metal mini and I wanted to keep using the new sculpts.  Someone mentioned Yen-Lo-Wang for Shredder because of the claw, and I thought that would have been a good idea to run with.

Didn't have a spare Yen-Lo-Wang, but did pick up a Wight by some serendipitous chance from the place I was playing Alpha Stirke at.

Changed tack and went with the Wight after I realized just how much more appropriate the legs were for a Rat and found a spare Centurion I gussied up with a Samurai-esque head from a resin pack, from the same store that worked just fine with the kitbash.  Tiny bits of styrene take the place of the blades as well as some uv resin parts to approximate Shredders Cape and outfit. 

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Shredder and Splinter WiP
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2024, 02:22:05 »
Magnificent!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
Re: Shredder and Splinter WiP
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2024, 04:49:57 »
Looks like a fun miniproject :cheesy:
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ