Author Topic: Request challange : LT-MOB-50 Mobile Long Tom Artillery.  (Read 2812 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
RML-447 Nolan is pulling a RMC-3050 LevCar - Cargo variant. ( 188 tons )

The Long Tom 50 is the rail variant of the slow tracked version.

Can someone take a crack at this?

Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex is needed to understand my request.

Thanks,
Truetanker

PS: It is for my AU Clan, see sigbar. I will name the LT-MOB-50 LevCar after your name in your honor for helping me. O0!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Khymerion

• Captain
    • The Iron Hack
Re: Request challange : LT-MOB-50 Mobile Long Tom Artillery.
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2011, 23:45:50 »
KDB has proposed the following modification module for a RMC-3050 LevCar.   Warning ahead of time, there are several minor corners that had to be cut to get the desired defense weapons for the rail car.  One of these was the removal of the four spot lights and the infantry compartment from the base model RMC-3050.  The desire to include the massive Long Tom artillery piece on the rail car precluded niceties such as those.

Defensive weapons, due to space requirements, is not nearly as expansive as the initial desired amounts.  While an extensive suite of a pair of LRM-15s, twin SRM-6 with Artemis IV, and twin AMS was desired originally, the end results were less than initially requested.  The initial ambitious totals ended up with two LRM-10s, twin SRM-4s with no Artemis IV, and a single AMS tied to the massive Long Tom that dominates the rail car.  The entire turret was greatly expanded to support the added weight of the weapons.  In some ways, it had a good deal in common with the similar in size Type 01 anti-orbital railway car, though definitely smaller in turret mass.

Code: [Select]
Type:  RMC-3050 Rail Car – Long Tom Variant
Chassis Type – Medium Rail Car
Mass – 300 tons

Chassis:   Armored, Tractor, Trailor 73.5 tons
Engine: None
HS:  None
Turret: 4.5 tons
Armor: BAR 10 143 8.5 tons
Front 30 36
Right/Left 30/30 29/29
Rear 30 26
Turret 30 21

Weapons
LRM-10(c) 2.5 Turret
LRM-10(c) 2.5 Turret
LRM Ammo (48) 6 Body
SRM-4 (c) 1 Turret
SRM-4 (c) 1 Turret
1 ton of Ammo (30) 2 Body
AMS (c) .5 Turret
AMS Ammo (48) 2 Body
Long Tom 30 tons Turret
Long Tom Ammo  (50) 10 tons Body
Advanced Fire Control 4.5 tons

Cargo – 151.5 tons 2 doors (1 left, 1 right)

Crew - 18+4 Officers
« Last Edit: 12 July 2011, 15:47:42 by Khymerion »
"Any sufficiently rigorously defined magic is indistinguishable from technology."  - Larry Niven... far too appropriate at times here.

...but sometimes making sure you turn their ace into red paste is more important than friends.

Do not offend the chair leg of truth.  It is wise and terrible.

The GM is only right for as long as the facts back him up.

Register