Author Topic: The Quest, Part 2  (Read 177349 times)

warhammer74

• Sergeant
  • Oh look its a bird
Re: The Quest, Part 2
« Reply #990 on: 20 September 2019, 20:23:24 »
Why is Clan Ice Hellion so stupid.   Hell Scott will ****** them up.

pete879

• Recruit
« Reply #991 on: 21 September 2019, 01:25:24 »
It's the clan way. The fundamental belief in one's own superiority is deeply seated.

The Hellions simply haven't been exposed to the inner sphere way of waging war long enough to really understand how outclassed they are. This "new" Inner Sphere is even more alien to them.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #992 on: 21 September 2019, 12:55:28 »
Hey more Clan warriors to convert for Scot`s forces or to Jaime Wolf forces!   ;D

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #993 on: 21 September 2019, 13:45:00 »
 24 May 3068
      Detroit

Duke Scott Mitchell looked at all the assembled officers gathers inside of the large assembly building they had appropriated for this meeting. Two full Cluster from Clan Ghost Bears Zeta Galaxy was securing the building and immediate area. Gathered inside was the collective Regimental and above commanders from Duke Mitchell's Task Force and the newly arrived SLDF commands. Gathered inside were:

Duke Scott Mitchell - Commander of the Allied Task Force
  General Maeve Wolf- Wolf's Dragoon's
  Colonel Shelly Brubaker- Wolf's Dragoon's Delta Regiment
  Colonel J. Elliot Jamison- Wolf's Dragoon's Zeta Battalion
  Colonel Kelly Yukinov- Wolf's Dragoon's Alpha Regiment
  Fleet Colonel Janice Colbaine- Wolf's Dragoon's
  Leftenant General Honos- 2nd Mackolla Armored Grenadiers RCT
  Leftenant General Myles Tutuola- 4th Mackolla Armored Grenadiers RCT
  Galaxy Commander Gambrel Helmer - 1st MDF Galaxy
  Galaxy Commander Bill Leroux- 2nd MDF Galaxy
  Galaxy Commander Elianna Deleportis- Xi Galaxy Clan Nova Cat
  Galaxy Commander Jocelyn Vong- Zeta Galaxy Clan Ghost Bear
  Marshal Thomas Daly- 6th Davion Guards RCT
  Colonel Walter Scully- 1st Argyle Lancers
  Rear Admiral Brian Gellhar- 2nd Battle Squadron, 4th AFFC Fleet
  Rear Admiral Helen Masey- 1st Transport Squadron, 4th AFFC Fleet
  Fleet Admiral Brenda Newberry- MDF Fleet Commander
  Admiral Stacey Hamilton - MDF Home Squadron Commander
  General Cynthia Byrd - 10th SLDF Army Commander
  Major General Dionisie Benes - 302nd SLDF Division Commander
  Major General Vonda Heffington - 303rd SLDF Division Commander
  Major General Svetlana Kolesnikova - 304th SLDF Division Commander
  Admiral John Nelson - Commander 1st Pursuit Squadron, SLDF 1st Fleet
  Admiral Tricia Yancy - Commander 1st Reconnaissance Squadron, SLDF 1st Fleet
  Admiral Mikail Dubrovich - Commander 1st Transport Squadron, SLDF 1st Fleet

Along with these upper commanders were all of the Regimental Commanders of all the RCT's, Cluster Commanders and SLDF Regimental Commanders along with all Warship Captains.

Duke Scott Mitchell climbed onto the raised platform and opened the small binder he carried. "Thank you for coming everyone. I have called this meeting to discuss an opportunity, but a dangerous opportunity. Just over a month ago, I received a communication from Archon Prince Victor Steiner Davion and have been wrestling with it ever since. But now, after discussing things with General Byrd, I think it is something that we need to decide.

Alphard has been retaken by elements from Clan Wolf in Exile, Clan Nova Cat and SLDF forces. It also just so happens to lie roughly 8 jumps from Gibson, home of the Word of Blake. This would be a deep penetration strike into the heart of the Free Worlds League and we would be on our own for quite a while possibly. I will not make this decision alone, we all know the Word of Blake will pull out all of the stops fighting for Gibson and this could very well be a suicide mission. Archon Prince Victor Steiner Davion has promised to conduct a massive drive to relieve us if we undertake this strike. So, I am opening the floor to discussions."

General Maeve Wolf stood first "Duke Mitchell, Wolf Dragoon's lost our home to the Word of Blake, it is only right that we take their home from them. We will accompany you willingly." As she spoke, the gathered group of Dragoon officers all nodded their heads as she spoke

Galaxy Commander Elianna Deleportis stood when General Maeve Wolf sat back down "Clan Nova Cat's Xi Galaxy goes where you go Duke Mitchell."

This went on for roughly 30 minutes as each commander agreed to make the deep strike on Gibson. Finally, Duke Scott Mitchell spoke "Thank you all. We will move to Alphard and prepare for the strike on Gibson. I will communicate this to Archon Prince Victor Steiner Davion so that he can make preparations on his end. We have a long journey to Alphard, roughly 6 months. So let us get ready for the trip. We have plenty of time to plan the actual strike, so until the 301st SLDF Division arrives here for garrison, start prepping your troops."

Tortuga Prime

Khan Santin West was back in Clan Nova Cat's capitol city after the short campaign into the Taurian Concordat. He had received communication from Galaxy Commander Drummond on the retaking of Alphard and the current situation in that region of space. He was not sure Clan Nova Cat could even move the amount of people Galaxy Commander Drummond described as wanting to migrate to Clan Nova Cat's holdings here. Over the years of being here, Clan Nova Cat had been mildly surprised that they had roughly 500,000-1mil people per year willing to live under Clan Nova Cat rule. Currently, the Tortuga Dominion population count was:

Tortuga Prime- Capitol, pop 16,283,056
  New Haiti- pop 4,398,739
  New Gascony- pop 5,782,199
  Fletcher's Feast- pop 6,809,371
  New Port Royal- pop 7,390,019
  Morgan's Holdfast- pop 4,982,399

Total Population - 45,645,783

It had taken some years to break down the walls between Trueborn and Freeborn, but now things seemed to be melding quite well, though most of the Trueborn Warriors kept themselves mainly on their military reservations, but mingled easily with the lower castes and Freeborn Warriors. Now they had added Charleston, former Taurian Concordat world to their holdings with a population of 67,143,683. The Merchant Class was already looking forward to using Charleston as a trading post and to expand into the now more friendlier Taurian Concordat.

But he could not bring himself to fully abandon the people of the former Marian Hegemony that had been living under Clan Nova Cat rule for almost 4 years. He felt Clan Nova Cat owed it to those people to evacuate all those that wanted to leave. But how would Clan Nova Cat accomplish this task, that was the major question.

Cooperland

Khan Barbara Sennet looked out the large viewscreen at the planet below, Cooperland, her Clan's new Home World. She watched the seemingly non stop flow of Dropships and shuttles entering and leaving the planets atmosphere transferring people and cargo to the surface below. It had been a long journey and she was looking forward to having solid ground under her feet once more.

Galaxy Commander Stephen Faulk had outdone himself along with the initial convoy's of lower caste in preparing for the arrival of the main convoy. Huge swathes of area had been cleared and massive barracks complexes had been built for the millions of people on the way. She had been informed that Clan Nova Cat and even the Federated Commonwealth had assisted the effort to prepare for the arrival of millions. Already, a capitol city was partially constructed that they had named Shark Home.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #994 on: 21 September 2019, 21:39:19 »
It's going to be a while, but Gibson is going to feel some serious pain in about 6 months...  >:D

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #995 on: 22 September 2019, 13:35:24 »
 31 May 3068
      Terra

First Lord Katherine Steiner Davion had received several messages hand delivered to her by courier's from within the Free Worlds League. After reading the messages, she summoned Quintus Allard to her office as an advisor. It took 30 minutes for him to arrive and as he took a seat, she handed the messages over for him to read. Placing reading glasses on, he read the first message.

To: First Lord Katherine Steiner Davion

First Lord Davion, first let me state how horrified me and my people are of the atrocities committed by the Word of Blake. I had already issued recall orders for the 1st, 6th and 8th Orloff Grenadiers after the initial AFFC invasion of the Free Worlds League for the express purpose of defending my Duchy. I have received numerous threats from the military high command over this recall. Now, hearing about the vile atrocities I want you to know that the Duchy of Orloff will no longer stand or assist the Word of Blake or Free World forces working with the Word of Blake. Upon arrival I will order the Orloff Grenadiers to seize the WoB controlled HPG stations inside my Duchy. This is liable to provoke a violent response from the WoB and I ask if the Star League will assist my Duchy.

Duke Alfonso Orloff

Quintus started to respond but Katherine cut him off "Read the rest Quintus and then give me your best advise on what you think." Quintus nodded and opened turned to the next message.

To: First Lord Katherine Steiner Davion, Archon Prince Victor Steiner Davion

I am horrified at the vicious atrocities committed by the Word of Blake. I can no longer stand with my brother Captain General Thomas Marik in supporting the Word of Blake in any way. I will soon be declaring the Duchy of Tamarind independent of the Free Worlds League publicly.

The next few actually came from Free Worlds military commands advising that they would be actively removing Word of Blake personnel from their commands upon the commencement of the Star League and/or AFFC offensive and requested any assistance they could provide.

Those units were:

4th Marik Militia - stationed on Lesveno
  9th Marik Militia - stationed on Tematagi

Quintus Allard took off his reading glasses and spoke "Katherine, what we are about to see it the possible break up of the Free Worlds League and a massive civil war. Though this is but a small ball, once it get's rolling there is no telling what will actually happen. If one of the larger province breaks away from the Free Worlds League itself, that will signal the beginning of the end for the Free Worlds League. The question is, should we encourage this to happen or should we sit back and let it happen naturally.

I think we need to contact your brother and think about informing those inside the Free Worlds League that Captain General Thomas Marik is not who he says he is. Take it public, we have the DNA proof that it is true. Hell, we have Isis Marik herself that we can publicly test against his DNA. Worst case, we sow some doubt, best case we really throw a wrench into things inside the Free Worlds League."

"Okay, I will contact Victor for his thoughts. We can always push the offensive back to 1 July or later until the announcement really starts to take effect." Katherine said

Odessa

Precentor Xavier Bronson was in high spirits for his request to strike Tamar had been approved by the Master. He had already plotted his proposed course to reach Tamar unseen. Best of all, the message had arrived via warship which the Master had sent using current intel on the existing ships in the Wolf in Exile Fleet in their new home, which were being currently painted to match them.

WoBS Blake's Sword - McKenna Battleship being painted to resemble Werewolf, McKenna Battleship
  ex-FWLS Liberty - Vincent Corvette being painted to match Killing Blow, Vincent Corvette
  ex-FWLS Nueva Badajoz - Aegis Cruiser being painted to match Jade Wolf, Aegis Cruiser

This should really cause a huge reaction from Clan Wolf and cause Clan Wolf in Exile, Wolf Dragoons and the Federated Commonwealth all sorts of problems.

Gibson

The Master was furious at the set backs and defeats suffered by the forces of the Word of Blake. But he forced himself to take the long view. He had Halas' wife and kids on Gibson to ensure his continued "support". He had also ordered that Gibson have a standing naval garrison at all times. It was composed of:

WoBS Nicholas Kerensky- Texas Battleship
  WoBS Olympic - Aegis Cruiser
  WoBS Raven - Essex Destroyer
  WoBS Schrack - Essex Destroyer

On the ground, he had ordered that several Divisions be kept in place at all times, those were:

28th WoB Division - 4 Level III's
  29th WoB Division - 4 Level III's
  30th WoB Division - 4 Level III's
  48th Shadow Division - 5 Level III's
  49th Shadow Division - 3 Level III's
  1st Gibson Militia Division - 1 Mech Batt, 1 Armor Reg, 2 Infantry Reg (2 Battle Armor Reg)
  2nd Gibson Militia Division - 2 Mech Batt, 1 Armor Reg, 2 Infantry Reg (2 Battle Armor Reg)
  3rd Gibson Militia Division - 2 Armor Reg, 3 Infantry Reg (1 Battle Armor Reg)

Plus at Jardine, he had the 50th, 51st, 52nd, 53rd and 54th Shadow Divisions forming. Both the 48th and 49th Shadow Divisions were equipped with the new Celestial Mechs while massive shipments from the factories on Gibson of the Celestial Mechs heading to equip those units on Jardine.

Clipperton, a single jump away was garrisoned almost as heavily with:

34th WoB Division - 4 Level III's
  35th WoB Division - 6 Level III's
  1st Clipperton Militia Division - 4 Infantry Reg (1 Battle Armor Reg)
  2nd Clipperton Militia Division - 4 Infantry Reg (2 Battle Armor Reg)

WoBS Celestial Calamity - Agamemnon Cruiser
  WoBS Divine Disaster - Agamemnon Cruiser
  WoBS Divine Inferno - Agamemnon Cruiser
  WoBS Blakes Fury - Agamemnon Cruiser
  WoBS Wrathful Thought - Agamemnon Cruiser

Mackolla

Ever since Duke Mitchell had left with his Task Force, Boss had the civilian shipyards pumping out Monolith LF Jumpships to constantly extend the ever growing command circuit from the Outer March to wherever Duke Mitchell's Task Force might be. The command circuit currently stretched from Mackolla to Detroit serviced by 33 Monolith LF Jumpships with a group of 10 Monolith LF Jumpships already at Detroit ready to extend the command circuit ever more. The command circuit within the Outer March itself was made up of ships from the AFFC 4th Fleet or Mitchell Interstellar's Outer March Division. He had staggered the construction times so that every 2 weeks, another Monolith LF Jumpship took it's place on the command circuit.

Ejeda

Duke Scott Mitchell had never quit his Uncle Harry's desire to find derelict ships or new worlds. For the last several years, a small task force had plied the star's searching out new items. That Task Force consisted of:

MAS Survey - Survey Ship
  MAS Salvager - Salvage Yardship
  MDF Pelican - Patrol II Corvette
  MDF Albatross - Patrol II Corvette
  MDF Beggar - Carrack Transport
  MAS Golden - Monolith LF Transport
  MAS Blissful - Odyssey Jumpship

They were currently operating in the long abandoned and forgotten worlds of the Outworlds Alliance and had just arrived using the vintage Star League era star map investigating these forgotten worlds. The scientists had noticed something odd about this system using the advanced systems aboard the MAS Survey. So Commodore Christian Jelicho had ordered the Task Force to make the jump.

It had taken 13 days to track down the anomaly detected by the scientists and no one could believe their eyes but at the same time, everyone felt a huge shudder of fear. Commodore Jelicho stared thru the viewscreen at the collection of warships he had just discovered and prayed silently that they were not playing possum. If he did not see it with his own eyes, he would not believe it for he was looking at:

Texas Battleship
  Essex Destroyer
  Aegis Cruiser
  Volga Transport

Closer examination, from very long range, using the maximum magnification available from the MAS Survey's equipment revealed several names on the warships hulls:

SLS Bismark
  SLS Yukon
  SLS Buccaneer
  SLS Saratoga

This was the kind of find that everyone dreamed of. With no signs of life aboard, Commodore Jelicho ordered shuttles made ready to put marines aboard for a more detailed search of the find.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #996 on: 22 September 2019, 13:49:09 »
Wolverines?
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #997 on: 22 September 2019, 13:52:05 »
 Damn, that was fast. Have to throw a twist around every now and then. Gonna put my own spin on the great mystery.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #998 on: 22 September 2019, 13:54:39 »
So, Mr. Scott's fleet has found the lost ships of the Minnesota Tribe,
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #999 on: 22 September 2019, 14:03:03 »
Wolverines!!!!!!!!!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1000 on: 22 September 2019, 15:56:05 »
Good thing they took a yard ship with them!  :thumbsup:

While I admire Quintus' enthusiasm for going for the throat, I really have to hand it to Katherine for her caution.  And I absolutely caught Orloff addressing her as "Davion" alone...  ^-^

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1001 on: 22 September 2019, 17:40:46 »
 1 June 3068
      Ejeda

As the first shuttle load of MDF Marines neared the cluster of warships, the noticed that none had any Dropships aboard and it looked as though most of the escape pods and life boats on all the warships had been launched. Passing alongside the Volga Transport, they could see the large cargo bay door was open exposing the cargo bay to vacuum. Captain Amanda Wallenda would take her Marines in thru the already open cargo bay door.

Performing EVA from the shuttles, MDF Marines slowly made their way into the Volga Transport. Once aboard, they were shocked to find that the doors leading from the cargo bay to the ship itself had been jammed open, exposing the entire ship to vacuum. To speed up the clearing operation, she had deployed all 6 platoons of Marines onto this one ship and they would all enter each ship and clear it together. Two squads of each platoon had been cross trained as ships crew, from pilots and navigators to engineers giving her the ability to assess a ships condition the moment it was captured.

Within 2 hours, a full platoon had reached the Volga's engine room. Finding the ships reactors cold and no battery life, Captain Wallenda called for 1 of the 3 Elephant Tugs the small Task Force carried be sent over with it's salvage crew of 300 technicians to see about restoring power to the vessel. Her remaining platoons continued sweeping the Volga for any signs of life.

While the MDF Marines were sweeping the cluster of warships, Commodore Jelicho ordered the MAS Survey to sweep the only habitable planet in the system for any signs of life. If they found anything, he would deploy the Task Forces sole Union Dropship carrying the lone Mech Company to the surface. It might only be a Company in strength, but it was equipped with Mitchell Battlemech's upgraded Clan armed Mechs. Quite capable of taking on most pirate bands they might trip over.

After 8 long hours, Captain Wallenda declared the Volga Transport secured with no signs of life aboard. Once the salvage crew was aboard, she would recharge her Marines EVA suits aboard the Elephant Tug and rest up before making the move to the next warship in the cluster, the Essex Destroyer. Once the large Tug attached itself to the Volga Transport, the expertly trained salvage crews quickly moved to the ships engineering section and quickly connect a portable power supply to the ships main engineering computer system so that they could power just it up and detect any critical or dangerous conditions before attempting to restore full power to the ship.

Once the main engineering computer came online, Chief Salvage Tech Dennis Yamaguchi opened the ships memory logs and ran down the saved logs dated 2831. Seeing nothing indicating any sort of critical fault, he ordered his salvage crew to perform a quick visual check of the ships reactors and engineering spaces. Once this was completed, he began the task of restarting the ships onboard reactors. Six hours later, the ships reactors were operating on their own for the first time in over 200 years. Chief Yamaguchi could only shake his head at Star League engineering. A Aqueduct Dropship docked with the Volga transferring fuel and water to the ship so it could restore the ships atmosphere to normal while the salvage crew swept the ship making it air tight once again.

Aboard the Essex Destroyer, Captain Wallenda and her Marines were sweeping the ship, which they had found also exposed to vacuum. It was eerie that these warships seemed intact and battle ready, yet here they were silent as tombs. No signs of life at all. On this trip, they had brought one of the portable power supplies with them to try and recover the ships log if possible. They were just attaching the portable power supply to the ships backup computer when over their radio's they heard "STOP!!!! Everyone back to the Volga ASAP."

Chief Yamaguchi, strode quickly towards the Volga's bridge. With life support restored, he no longer had to wear his pressure suit, nor did his salvage team which made things much faster. Entering the bridge, he watched as Tech Gravadich expertly cracked the ships passwords to gain access to the ships logs. Chief Yamaguchi sat down and started reading the logs in reverse. Homing in on the important ones.

15 June 2831 - Last log entry, per orders, the ships reactors are powered down and this log entry is on battery power only. The last of the ships crew will be boarding the Dropship which will take us to the Maverick where we will attempt to reach Alpheratz and possible help. Most survivors have been landed on Ejeda.
  31 May 2831 - We have reached Ejeda and found it uninhabited. Over 55% of the crew have come down with the virus and are extremely sick or have died, we have orders to vent the ships to vacuum and prep them for eventual salvage upon our return.
  25 May 2831 - 17% of the crew are down with this virus, we are starting to get deaths now. The other ships are reporting the same thing. We must have picked up something when we last took on supplies. Whatever it is, it is fatal and we have yet have anyone survive that has come down with it.

Fear shot down his spine, these ships were plague ships and he had breathing without his suit on. He made the radio call "STOP!!!! Everyone back to the Volga ASAP."

3 June 3068

Commodore Jelicho had conferred with the scientists and doctors aboard the various ships. One scientist and one doctor volunteered to board the Volga and draw blood samples from the personnel there along with air samples. Both agreed that the chances of any virus surviving over 200 years exposed to vacuum was basically nil. But no chances would be taken. Everyone would be checked and watched closely.

On their 6th sensor sweep from orbit, MAS Survey detected many large metal objects on the surface. On the 7th pass, they trained the ships cameras on the area and quickly identified the objects as partially covered Dropships. The surrounding area of the Dropships being a desert area.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #1002 on: 22 September 2019, 18:06:17 »
Ouch.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1003 on: 22 September 2019, 18:10:16 »
It doesn't look good at ALL... :-\

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1004 on: 22 September 2019, 18:59:13 »
ohhh man. 

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1005 on: 22 September 2019, 20:59:00 »
 8 June 3068
   Mackolla

The fax sent by Commodore Jelicho detailing their findings along with the sudden discovery that these ships might possibly contain a deadly virus caused a "Holy Shit" moment for everyone who knew of it. Duchess Twyla Mitchell summoned the best Research and Medical personnel in the Outer March to Mackolla for consultations. With her own medical background, she too believed that it was highly unlikely that any virus could survive the vacuum of space for over 200 years, but they would not take the chance.

She had Boss come down to the surface for consultations and he had finally arrived, grumpy as ever. Now he was seated in her/Scott's office looking like he had sucked on a sour lemon before entering. "Boss, it seems Scott's salvage team has actually discovered something. But we have a problem and I need some advice."

"So that band of gypsies have finally tripped over a derelict Jumpship, well tell them to strip it for parts because I can build a brand new one instead of having to strip and overhaul that one. Can I go now maam?" Boss said flippantly

Duchess Twyla let it bounce off of her "No actually that band of gypsies as you call them have located a Texas Battleship, Aegis Cruiser, Essex Destroyer and Volga Transport. All seem fully functional but they have not been able to conduct a full survey due to our problem. Seems these ships possibly had been exposed to a deadly virus over 200 years ago and the crews powered them down 100% and fully exposed the ships to vacuum."

This caused Boss to cheer up and regret the snarky attitude he had come in with "Well, that changes everything. I doubt anything could survive that long of an exposure, but they have a Salvage Yardship with them. So they are not helpless out there. There have been some pretty good improvements in the air filtration systems and scrubbers we use since the Star League. The Salvage Yardship could upgrade the ships with those fairly easily. Has anyone been exposed?"

"Unfortunately, yes. A full salvage team, the entire Marine compliment and crews of an Elephant Tug and Aqueduct Dropship from what I understand. Roughly 550 of our people have been exposed to this potential virus on the Volga Transport which is the only one they restored power and atmosphere to. Currently, they are all quarantined aboard the Volga for now." Duchess Twyla replied

"Damn. Maam, this is more medical than shipbuilding questions. Would I love to get my hands on those ships, hell yes, but not at the cost of our people out there nor risking bringing it back here. It has long been standard policy to just destroy ships like that on the spot. But exposed to the frigid vacuum of space for over 200 years, that might make the difference." Boss said

Over the next several hours, Duchess Twyla Mitchell and Boss discussed current production, needs and wants.

Ejeda

Medical personnel had drawn blood samples from all the personnel exposed and they had been using the Volga's medical lab to study the samples. Chief Yamaguchi had studied the ships log in detail and had found the log entries everyone really wanted.

22 April 2831 - Took on fresh water and some food stuffs from Shira. Barely enough food for 3 months.
  13 May 2831 - 38 crew and 1,384 of the civilians have come down with a mysterious illness. Medical personnel do not have any answers.

This at least gave the medical personnel something to work with, a roughly 2 week incubation period before symptoms showed up. Chief Yamaguchi was summoned to the Medical Bay to see if he could recover the ships medical records, maybe they could find out just how deadly this thing was.

Tamaron

CCS Ancestral Home, Texas Battleship was once again fully functional. She would lead the final flight of Clan Coyote from Clam Space, but she would not be alone in this task. She also had with her CCS Howling and CCS Steel Fang, Sovetskii Soyuz Cruiser's, CCS Great Coyote Spirit - Nightlord Battleship and Midnight Star, Potemkin Transport for this task. They would be escorting 50 assorted Jumpships carrying the last 11 Million lower caste, Alpha Galaxy and Zeta Galaxy.

Khan Sullivan Koga was pissed, Clan Wolf had notified her that there would be a delay in the additional warship escorts Khan Vlad Wolf had promised her along with the promised Jumpship assets she needed to make the move. Every day she delayed, she risked her Clan's very survival.

Sheridan

Khan Stanislov N'Buta, Clan Star Adder had watched as an ally, Clan Cloud Cobra departed the Clan Home Worlds without even discussing it with Clan Star Adder. That Khan Cassius N'Buta had allowed this to happen without even trying to gain control over the Clan Cloud Cobra's former worlds had been enough that Stanislov N'Buta had defeated him in a Trial of Possession for the Khanship.

Now, as Khan, he could clearly see the massive movements occurring. Clan Diamond Shark had departed but under protection from several different Clan's the move was impossible to halt or interfere with. Clan Snow Raven was making suspect moves also. Clan Wolf had fully departed the Clan Home Worlds. But now, it looked like Clan Coyote was making a run for the Inner Sphere. This he would not allow unimpeded.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1006 on: 22 September 2019, 21:09:37 »
I wonder what they are going to find on Shira... and it looks like clan space is about to see the spark that makes a fire tornado. 

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1007 on: 22 September 2019, 23:08:50 »
 11 June 3068
   Sheridan

Khan Stanislov N'Buta had issued the orders, Clan Star Adder would take Tamaron from Clan Coyote. He would invade with:

Ground Forces

Adder Command Keshik
  Alpha Galaxy
  Beta Galaxy
  Delta Galaxy
  Gamma Galaxy

Naval Support

Nygaard - Sovetskii Soyuz Cruiser (Adder Command Keshik)
   Sovereign Right - McKenna Battleship (Alpha Galaxy)
   Admiral William S. Preston - Black Lion Battlecruiser
   Constantineau - Liberator Cruiser

Alpha Naval Reserve

Absolute Truth - Nightlord-class Battleship
  Exodus Ranger - York Class Destroyer
  Hagar - Lola III-class Destroyer
  Vritra - Vincent Mk.42-class Corvette
  Centaur - Vincent Mk.42-class Corvette

Intelligence indicated that Clan Coyote had only 4 warships in the Tamaron system. It should be an easy fight. He set D-Day for 10 September. His forces could get there faster, but they would be forced to travel thru systems and possibly fight Trails for the right to safely recharge. This would tip other Clans that something was up and he wanted to avoid a massive brawl over Tamaron.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1008 on: 23 September 2019, 00:10:19 »
Nice update in the Clan homeworlds!  So the new Khan for the Star Adders wants to kick off wars in the homeworlds? 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1009 on: 23 September 2019, 03:38:29 »
At least they're showing sense about the possible virus.  The going is slow, but wise.   :thumbsup:

I'm surprised the Adders aren't using uninhabited to systems to mask their movements, or at least non-zenith/nadir jump points.

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1010 on: 23 September 2019, 11:14:26 »
A very different to the Wolvies issues that always has rabid fans still claiming they till live even though the powered that be said otherwise. Nice update for issues that are coming up with the league pretty much going boom with whats going on and the nuke storm when they hit gibson is going to be messy for sure.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1011 on: 23 September 2019, 19:17:27 »
The balkanization of the FWL should be interesting..

The Master about to receive guest, hope he has plenty of party favors

Homeworld wars are coming
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Zureal

• Lieutenant
  • There are Mechs incoming? Bring up T-Rex!
« Reply #1012 on: 23 September 2019, 21:44:16 »
I hope the Cyotes make it, they are my favorit clan  :-\

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1013 on: 23 September 2019, 22:48:26 »
 20 June 3068
       Ejeda

It had been 19 days since the possible exposure to the deadly virus reported in the ships log and everyone was getting very antsy aboard the Volga Transport. Commodore Jelicho had ordered that the ship remain on "lockdown" until 1 August to give a window of error. But it also gave the salvage team time to go over the entire ship and they had found it pretty much ready to go. The cargo bay had a few items of interest, several Mechs that no one could identify and a bunch of machinery in large crates no one had a clue what they were. At least they could say :that is a Mech" but identification of the mysterious machinery failed every attempt.

The MAS Survey had spent over a week scanning the planet's only habitable planet and found what could have been a settlement around the partially buried Dropships. Commodore Jelicho had forbidden any sort of mission to the planets surface. He was not exposing anyone to a potential deadly virus until they knew more about it.

Newtown Square

Major General Bella Bragg, commander 39th Avalon Hussars, had been alerted to a small fleet of Jumpships arriving at the Nadir Jump Point. She had ordered her unit to full alert status. She sent out a HPG message to Tharkad alerting Lyran State Command that an unknown fleet of Jumpships had arrived. All she could do now was wait and see.

An hour after detaching from their Jumpships, Galaxy Commander Tristyn N'Buta, commander of Upsilon Provisional Galaxy, Clan Star Adder was looking forward to the coming fight. It had been a very long journey and she was ready to fulfill her mission and see just how good the Federated Commonwealth troops really were. Her Galaxy was:

Upsilon Provisional Galaxy

1018th Adder Sentinels - 3 Mech Trinary, 2 Elemental Trinary, 1 Fighter Binary
  1021st Adder Sentinels - 2 Mech Trinary, 1 Elemental Binary, 1 Fighter Binary
  1155th Gatekeeper Cluster - 4 Mech Binary, 1 Fighter Binary

Transport

2 Overlord C Dropships
  2 Union C Dropships
  3 Sassanid Dropships
  2 Miraborg Dropships
  3 Lion Dropships
  4 Invader Jumpships

She only had a Trinary of Omni Mechs and those were in her personal Trinary in the 1018th Adder Sentinels. The rest of her command were all 2nd Line Clan Mechs and standard fighters. She just counted her blessings that she had Elementals. All of her warriors were former Clan Burrock. But all her warriors were Veterans.

Terra

Once again Archon Prince Victor Steiner Davion was on Terra. Quintus Allard and First Lord Katherine Steiner Davion had briefed him on the messages and possible opportunity in the Free Worlds League. For several minutes Victor was silent as he thought things over and then he spoke.

"I do not know if it is wise to reveal Thomas Marik is not who he says he is. It could cause a full blown civil war within the Free Worlds League and I don't think that will turn out for the good. These messages say it all right here, the Free Worlds League is already cracking under the strain. No sense throwing a bunch of gas on a simmering fire. Right now, I need to focus on my promise to Scott that the AFFC and SLDF would be close enough to support his assault on Gibson when he gets there. We have a long way to go to even get close to that area.

Going public about Thomas Marik will, I think, hamper our efforts to reach Scott in time. We could wind up fighting everyone every step of the way. I don't need multiple armies from every new nation getting in our way, not right now. In 2 weeks we launch our offensive, I am focusing on that right now. I already fear that our offensive will fracture the Free Worlds League even more than it already is now."

For several hours, Quintus tried to sway Victor, but he would not budge on the issue.

Cooperland

Khan Santin West, Clan Nova Cat, had decided to pay a visit to Khan Barbara Sennet on her new Home World. After touching down, he was led to her temporary office and shown inside. Khan Barbara Sennet rose as Khan West entered. "Khan West, welcome to Cooperland. I would like to thank Clan Nova Cat for gifting us this fine world and the enclaves within your territory. Please have a seat."

Khan West took the offered seat and replied "It was the correct thing to do Khan Sennet, your Clan went beyond what I could have expected in bringing us the last of our lower caste. But, I have a dilemma that I think Clan Diamond Shark could assist Clan Nova Cat with."

Khan Sennet had seated herself behind her desk as Khan West spoke "I did not think you travelled over here to just sight see. What can Clan Diamond Shark do to assist Clan Nova Cat?"

Khan West went on to explain the situation in the former Marian Hegemony and how he felt it was Clan Nova Cat's duty to evacuate as many people as they could from the area, all those that wanted to leave anyway. He went on to explain Clan Nova Cat's lack of adequate transportation.

Khan Sennet listened and thought before speaking again "Clan Diamond Shark might be able to help Clan Nova Cat. But what does Clan Nova Cat offer Clan Diamond Shark in return?"

Khan West was ready for this, he knew it would cost, and probably cost dearly "Clan Nova Cat, in return for Clan Diamond Shark's assistance in evacuating people from the former Marian worlds and helping to provide escorts, will grant Clan Diamond Shark an enclave on Charleston, prime trading location. In addition, Clan Nova Cat will assist Clan Diamond Shark in obtaining a source of rare earth minerals AND cede your Clan a fully functional Newgrange Yardship."

The offer was more than Khan Sennet expected, way more. "Bargained Well and Done Khan West. Clan Diamond Shark gladly accepts the terms and will assist Clan Nova Cat for as long as it takes."

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1014 on: 23 September 2019, 22:49:57 »
 Remember, over half of their lower caste and most of their Touman is already in the Inner Sphere with New Oslo as their new Capitol.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1015 on: 24 September 2019, 03:27:00 »
Victor is wise to restrain Quintus, but the news may break anyway.

Newtown Square didn't have any naval presence?  ???

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1016 on: 24 September 2019, 13:16:22 »
 24 June 3068
    Tharkad

The HPG message from Newtown Square caused Marshal Nondi Steiner to go on one of her rants about the Lyran State Command not having enough troops or warships dedicated to it's defense. But after a few minutes she calmed down and for to work. She quickly pulled up the deployments along the border area and scanned the deployed defenses:

Ground Forces

Barcelona - 1st Battalion, 19th Arcturan Guard
  Bone-Norman - 2nd Battalion, 19th Arcturan Guard
  Black Earth - 3rd Battalion, 19th Arcturan Guard
  Hood IV - 1st Aragon Borderers
  Here - Alpha Regiment, 12th Vegan Rangers
  Bensinger - Beta Regiment, 12th Vegan Rangers
  Apollo - Gamma Regiment, 12th Vegan Rangers
  Toland - Delta Regiment, 12th Vegan Rangers

Warships

Kowloon - 2 Patrol II Corvettes
  Engadine - 2 Patrol II Corvettes

She cursed slightly under her breathe, she had stripped most of her best units and had them staged for the coming offensive. The rest she had deployed along the border with Clan Wolf. Best to see what the new arrivals wanted.

Newtown Square

Galaxy Commander Tristyn N'Buta and her Galaxy were 4 days from the planet when she issued her Batchall. "This is Galaxy Commander Tristyn N'Buta of Clan Star Adders Upsilon Galaxy, I have come to face the best the Federated Commonwealth can offer. With what do you defend this world with?"

The response took 38 minutes to come back "This is Major General Bella Bragg, commander of the 39th Avalon Hussars RCT, I will be defending this system with everything I have. I will not grant Safcon."

"Bargained well and done. This will be a memorable fight." Galaxy Commander N'Buta replied

28 June 3068

As Upsilon Galaxy closed on the planet but before they could reach orbit, Major General Bragg had her Wing of Aerospace Fighters along with her 9 Lee Dropships moving to intercept the enemy.  Commodore Prichard Seville Ardwright O'Donnell, commander of the 3rd New Damascus Recon Wing was in overall command of the coming fight. Though his Wing consisted of Light Fighters, they were superbly equipped with 20 Dagger light Omni-Fighters.

Facing the AFFC, were the 60 Aerospace Fighters of Upsilon Galaxy. 30 Hydaspes, 10 Chaeronea, 20 Tyre lead the Clan Dropships. The fighters engaged first with the AFFC Daggers absorbing the first Clan volleys with some ease and then the merge occurred. The Daggers ripped into the Clan fighters but were vastly out numbered. It was almost impossible for the AFFC Daggers to safely engage the Clan Fighters without exposing their six to another Clan Fighter. As the AFFC Dropships entered the fight, they quickly came under attack by the mass of Hydaspes which ripped into them with a vengeance. After 7 Daggers had been destroyed or forced to return to base for 8 Clan Star Adder fighters, Commodore O'Donnell ordered the remaining fighters to defend the Dropships as they broke contact.

Clan Star Adder's Upsilon Galaxy made it to the surface in the early evening.

nroe03742

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1017 on: 24 September 2019, 15:45:31 »
this is why I have installed rear facing weapons in my fighter designs

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1018 on: 24 September 2019, 17:53:19 »
nice update!  So a second line unit from Clan Star Adder made it to the Steiner side of the FC.  How far behind is Clan Ice Hellion?  Eventually these new clanners will become future bondsmen to Scott!   ;D

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1019 on: 24 September 2019, 18:41:32 »
I'm surprised they didn't get at least one of the incoming dropships.  The time to hit them is just as they hit the atmosphere.

Register