Author Topic: <Warning Spoilers> Opening Night with the Avengers! (Official Thread!)  (Read 29401 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Just wondering how many folks are going to see it at midnight?  I tried buying my tickets through the official website's link yesterday and it was crashing after I saw who was carrying it.

3D or normal?

I have been sticking quotes from the trailers in my facebook for a while now.  I have to say as a childhood Hulk fan, I love the recently released Hulk clip.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2012, 09:46:16 by Welshman »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Opening Night with the Avengers! (Official Thread!)
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2012, 15:40:09 »
Where is it opening up tonight at??
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2012, 15:41:07 »
Next week, but you can buy the tickets now.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #3 on: 30 April 2012, 07:17:01 »
3D. Definitely 3D.

I had the "misfortune" of getting 2D 4 rows from the front (normally that would be too close and quite unpleasant) but after watching the entire show, it felt like i was in the movie. Can't imagine how much more awesome 3D would be!

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2012, 07:14:34 »
Local theater is doing a superhero combo starting at 1 pm tomorrow.  Iron man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America, then the Avengers at midnight.  I have my ticket   >:D

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2012, 14:04:45 »
Local theater is doing a superhero combo starting at 1 pm tomorrow.  Iron man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America, then the Avengers at midnight.  I have my ticket   >:D
not sure  but I think the local one doing the same thing but sucks I will be in philly until 7pm so I cna't see  them all lol

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2012, 15:55:33 »

Watched IM and IM2 3 weeks back, hulk last saturday and just finished rewatching Cap and Thor yesterday...

Crunch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2012, 18:07:52 »
I am being sorely tempted by the Drive In theater's midnight showing.
It's really, it's a very, very beautiful poem to giant monsters. Giant monsters versus giant robots.
G. Del Toro

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2012, 02:59:03 »
I think I can safely say the movie lived up to the trailers, which does not always happen.

Some funny lines, interesting cameos and a world ending desperate battle that lasted more than 5 minutes.

I love the Hulk . . . might have been better with Norton, but I loved the Hulk's screen time.
Colt Ward

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2012, 08:28:13 »
"PUNY GOD!"   ;D
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2012, 10:40:12 »
I think the movie was AMAZING! It might just be the best superhero movie yet made... (even better than the dark Knight). Also, when you see it (WHEN not if) stay to the end.
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Drufause

• Master Sergeant
  • We were never here.
« Reply #11 on: 04 May 2012, 11:51:13 »
Loved this movie last night.  Great Laughs and Tragedy.  A must see.
Combat Command Counters Thread
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=191.0
quote by OgreBattle on 09/08/2011
"Knowledge and social skills usually use separate attributes, and often when you're good at one you take the other as your dump stat."

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #12 on: 04 May 2012, 12:05:53 »
Awesome flick.
Maker of big things.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #13 on: 04 May 2012, 12:46:51 »
Awesome 11M!

And...Goddess! Marvel is playing the LONG game! Infinity gauntlet in the trophy room in Thor,
the guy shown in the easter egg(You know, Thanos ), Maria Hill showing up
on SHIELD HQ.
Of course, the one agent from all the movies? I am sad he got killed, I liked him. However,
he died well!

I am looking forward to Spiderman reboot, to see if it is, indeed, tying in, as well as Iron Man 3, Hulk 2,
Captain America 2, Thor 2 and to find out if they are doing a Doctor Strange movie(I hope so, given who showed
up in the *FIRST* Easter Egg, and what his appearance means) and a Fantasic Four Reboot into the new
movie continuity, and to see if sometime between this and the next Avengers(I expect: 4 years, 6 movies to
set up), we see a Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD movie.

That said...
Damned! I had not been much of a fan of Natasha Romanov before, but..she outsmarted Loki, and
she has a very interesting way of conducting interrogations. Also, I think the moment I really liked was, after
she got hit by the Hulk, and Thor saved her, she was having what looked like a full on PTSD, catatonic
state-inducing flashback that she only snapped out of because of Fury calling her on the com.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #14 on: 04 May 2012, 15:29:45 »
I would love to watch Avangers in 2D becouse I can't really handle 3D but there is no 2D version showing around here.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2012, 16:54:40 »
saw this film in 2D and I think it was fantastic, beyond the others I've seen.

I was really concerned all the huge names in this film would overshadow each other but they all were great, the entire theater was in stitches several times.  All the characters get awesome parts.

Funny enough I liked Captain America's character more in this one than I did his own film.  And for the first time in probably my life I liked the Hulk.  They did well with this one.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2012, 17:00:30 »
Unlike the X-Men movies (which tended to be about Wolverine, not that I mind), this actually had the team being equal in what it did and brought to the table.  Even Hawkeye and the Black Widow as the least 'powered,'  had their time contributing to the flow and story.
Colt Ward

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #17 on: 04 May 2012, 20:55:08 »
I enjoyed it. An interesting melding of the original and ultimate version introduction. Everyone fit their roles well and you can't say the movie dragged in the second act, as most Superhero movies do. I'd still have liked them to somehow shoehorn Ant-Man and the Wasp into the team (considering they were the first generation alongside Iron Man, Hulk and Thor) but I can appreciate it was already pretty stuffed.

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 04 May 2012, 21:15:49 »
This movie is awesome!!! It is the best movie Marvel has made to date.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #19 on: 04 May 2012, 23:09:38 »
Hawkeye doing a backshot like that. Awesome!

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
Avenger movie
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2012, 23:12:14 »
My review of this movie not seeing a thread already in place talking about it i figure i toss it out.  I found it to be worth the money i spent the story didn't get boog down with backstory which help as it jump straight away into the character, it had a couple of hereo fight much like the comic team up books as well as giving each hereo enough face time that i don't think anyone was left out.  they also had a great balance of using comedy between action.   Tibits there is a last minute scene after the ending credits, but it isn't mind blowing just a slight joke ok that it for now

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Avenger movie
« Reply #21 on: 04 May 2012, 23:19:12 »
Must not have looked very hard, because as of this posting, the very next topic on the list is the Avengers thread.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 04 May 2012, 23:41:50 »
well nuts i started a thread when i didn't see this one off topic.. i must be losing my sight or something.   anyway to repeat it was well done  in every facet of story telling.  Marvel had an excellent idea by skipping the hereo intro backstory that normally tend to bog down as it was assume we knew who these people were but there were enough clue in dialogue for those that didn't happen all the previous 5 films to at least get a grasp at the other characters.   In my opinion it was very well writing and directed and i hope that more team oriented films take this sort of approach.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2012, 00:39:38 »
Just saw it, great movie. definitely enjoyed it and well worth the money and time.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 05 May 2012, 02:16:23 »
I am wondering if the title of this thread needs to get changed.. to add SPOILERS to it..

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2012, 07:52:54 »
Saw it in IMAX yesterday. Worth every cent.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #26 on: 05 May 2012, 09:59:03 »
Awesome 11M!
This had a great Hulk as well, yes Stan Lee made the cameo and apparently Ashley Johnson (Terra from Teen Titans and Gwen Tennyson from Alien force) was on there and it took me a few seconds to register that.
Great fight moments, the Avengers did use each other's abilities to compliment thiers, and Hawkeye was freakishly good.

Yes the agent did die well. Manly tear for him but also awesome applause at the same time.
"So that's what it does...heh." Good man Phil Coulson rest easy. Also how Nick Fury still used him as that 'push' was dang good.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 05 May 2012, 10:48:19 »
this was honestly an amazing movie. i really think everything came together, and the heroes were as cool as ever. thor still makes me laugh when he talks and hawk eye was badass, and i found the guy that played loki was amazing in his role in this movie, i don't remember thinking that in the actual thor movie.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 05 May 2012, 11:35:01 »
As a lifelong fan of the Avengers (before Bendis & Quesada drove me away from Marvel altogether), this movie was everything that I could have ever hoped for in an Avengers movie. 
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 05 May 2012, 16:13:06 »
I was expecting Thor to call on his father or something, to try an bring colson back..