Author Topic: <Warning Spoilers> Opening Night with the Avengers! (Official Thread!)  (Read 29170 times)

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
Re: Opening Night with the Avengers! (Official Thread!)
« Reply #30 on: 05 May 2012, 16:36:52 »
I was expecting Thor to call on his father or something, to try an bring colson back..
You know, I was waiting for Colson to show up in the Easter egg. I'm still not 100% convinced he's dead...
Maker of big things.

truegrit

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • ChenTech
« Reply #31 on: 05 May 2012, 16:38:38 »
I love the Hulk . . . might have been better with Norton, but I loved the Hulk's screen time.

Avengers was a good movie…until the Hulk made it an _awesome_ movie :) At the theater I was in, his scenes totally won the crowd over. I actually came out thinking Norton wouldn't have been right for the way the role was written. Ruffalo did a great job.

If I had to quibble, the first act is a little slow, and I just can't get into the Cap's costume. But direction and the action scenes were all top-notch.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 05 May 2012, 17:39:11 »
Great superhero movie. Lots of funny lines and epic battles.
Made by HikageMaru

sevengates

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 05 May 2012, 20:23:45 »
Just got in from seeing the movie in 3D :D O0 [drool]

I do beleive that Weirdo will need to bring a bucket and a caphither(SP?); there is a scene in the movie that will make him PEE WITH GLEE (Atlas you know which one)

Oh and the catch phrase of the film...

Captain America:  "Hulk....Smash" ;D
« Last Edit: 05 May 2012, 20:52:33 by sevengates »
Don't let the vengence of heaven be you---Gary Numan

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #34 on: 05 May 2012, 21:17:52 »
I took the Son to go see it on opening night...
surrounded by comic book geeks: it was AWESOMENESS.

We saw it in 3D.  I'm glad it ROCKED, cause at $12 each, it made my wallet hurt.

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #35 on: 05 May 2012, 21:39:51 »
Cost me 20 bucks to see it in Imax 3D and it was worth it!

Loved every minute of it. Joss Whedon's humour is certainly present and the actors did a great job. People were cheering in the theatres. I think Ruffalo did a good job as Bruce Banner. Wanted to watch it again tonight, but it was all sold out. Went this morning at 11am, hoping that no one else'd want to see it that early... the line was around a hundred strong when I got there. But they bought tickets for later that day, so I still got in!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #36 on: 05 May 2012, 23:59:30 »
You know...
Hulk said something after he was through slinging Loki around like a rag doll....I could not hear it over the filled auditorium laughing..glad I was able to find out from someone putting it that he said "Puny god"
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 06 May 2012, 00:54:42 »
You know...
Hulk said something after he was through slinging Loki around like a rag doll....I could not hear it over the filled auditorium laughing..glad I was able to find out from someone putting it that he said "Puny god"

the cgi hulk had some great scenes and lines in the film include the epic confrontation all fan in all comic love to see hulk vs thor, Hulk vs loki wasn't nearly as epic jsut funnier

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 06 May 2012, 01:09:54 »
the cgi hulk had some great scenes and lines in the film include the epic confrontation all fan in all comic love to see hulk vs thor, Hulk vs loki wasn't nearly as epic jsut funnier

Hulk vs Loki was also MUCH shorter then Hulk vs Thor...Of course Thor vs Iron Man was cool..and the COOLEST single
blow was in the brief Thor vs Cap fight!

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #39 on: 06 May 2012, 01:14:55 »
there is a scene in the movie that will make him PEE WITH GLEE (Atlas you know which one)
Not only that he'll probably think up support vee rules for some certain things from that movie  ;D
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 06 May 2012, 01:46:07 »
I went on Friday and really enjoyed it,
but what I heard hulk say was not puny god, I thought I heard him say "small, weak god.."

either way it was pretty good

I also really liked Bruce's line right before he "suited up" about his anger  >:D

now on a side /continuum note as I remember it there are a variety of "hulk" varients that seemed to range from "makes a rock look smart" to pretty smart with his strength usually inversely proportional to his strength.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 06 May 2012, 02:29:53 »
Joss Whedon always kills someone, I'm just glad he had someone who'd been built up through previous movies and given some good character development to do it. At first I was gambling on the assistant for Fury, but after Black Widow mentioned the guy's Captain America card collection I knew that he was the next victim of the Whedon. Still, at least he didn't go out like a punk, not like poor Wash.

Oh, yes, and Thanos as the next villain. *steeples fingers* Excellent...

Also, I'm sad; Joss Whedon has left the Wonder Woman movie, siting creative differences with the producer, saying "They saw different movies." The thing is, the guy producing it has produced good movies, like the Matrix and Die Hard, but has also produced some real crap, like Matrix Revolutions and Xanadu.

Whedon has been reliably solid as a creative force since his first movie, and without Whedon being attached... I don't have much hope for WW.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 06 May 2012, 03:26:35 »
Whedon has been reliably solid as a creative force since his first movie, and without Whedon being attached... I don't have much hope for WW.

You had hope for Wonder Woman? I thought it had been canceled years ago....

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #43 on: 06 May 2012, 08:53:13 »
Nah, WW should appear after the new Man of Steel . . . sets the stage for Justice League . . . seems DC lets Marvel test the water before trotting something out.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #44 on: 06 May 2012, 08:59:45 »
Nah, WW should appear after the new Man of Steel . . . sets the stage for Justice League . . . seems DC lets Marvel test the water before trotting something out.

Except that DC has said that they do not want to do something like Marvel did...each movie is supposed to remain its own continuity.

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #45 on: 06 May 2012, 09:12:14 »
You know...

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,18661.msg424248.html#msg424248

Yup.
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Klep

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 06 May 2012, 09:52:10 »
Loved it, going back today, OMG THANOS!.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2012, 10:31:18 by Klep »

MadVoorpak

• Master Sergeant
    • Talking about Tech
« Reply #47 on: 06 May 2012, 10:01:07 »
Freaking Brilliant.

I watched it purely for the Stark-Bannerness and was not dissapointed.

Thor and Hulk were pretty funny, especially the punch out.

'I'll have that drink now.'

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #48 on: 06 May 2012, 10:26:48 »
Catheter is the spelling you're looking for.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #49 on: 06 May 2012, 11:02:40 »
Who's Nick Fury's female assistant? Agent Hill something? I thought she did well, able to survive Hawkeye and Loki.

Thanos is the leader of the Chitauri? Thought it was Super Skrull

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #50 on: 06 May 2012, 13:50:57 »
Who's Nick Fury's female assistant? Agent Hill something?

Maria Hill, the woman who replaced Fury during the Civil War arc. She was a political appointee who did a terrible job, and had very little characterization.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: 06 May 2012, 16:02:40 »
Maria Hill, the woman who replaced Fury during the Civil War arc. She was a political appointee who did a terrible job, and had very little characterization.

had to go to wiki as i didn't know her before house of M and so o and it seem to be one of Q addition when he became head of marvel editors.  Basiclly she has very  little backstory to speak of most of what we know of her has been her work as either directing shield following fury removal and her work as deputy director after being replace by tony stark.  Currently she working with steve rodger who the current head of shield.   Her appareace in the movie was nice as she is one of the more current character introduce as being part of shield but giving how they remove phil it pretty much was a head up that she was going to be his replacement in the future movies.  or the most likely go between in the next set of films, fact is coulston who isn't part of the mainstream marvel universe till battle scars seem a much more likeable character and someone we all started to enjoy seeing with each new appearance. 

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #52 on: 06 May 2012, 16:24:34 »
You know, I was waiting for Colson to show up in the Easter egg. I'm still not 100% convinced he's dead...

My roommate and I talked about this last night.  I say that Thor 2 will involve the Norse afterlife, and Fury wanted to make sure he had an inside man. ;D
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 06 May 2012, 16:39:22 »
LOL..  But i do agree, colson grew on me all through the films...
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
« Reply #54 on: 06 May 2012, 19:52:46 »
You know...

I didn't even catch the Hulk's comment until after the movie, but it's still my favorite scene in the film. I haven't seen a thrashing like that since Beowulf.

But there's a lot of competition for awesome scenes.

It might be a minority opinion, but I think I like Agent Hill quite a bit more than sexpot Natasha Romanov. I liked the "professional and efficient" female agent to the "super sexy look look I'm sexy" Natasha. Black Widow had her likable moments (e.g., with Loki), don't get me wrong.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #55 on: 06 May 2012, 20:15:51 »
Well, Cray, I'll say that I agree with you on that.

Also, I thought Pepper's outfit at the beginning was more attractive than Natasha's outfits.  Natasha was purposefully attractive, Pepper was simply being naturally attractive.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

sevengates

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 06 May 2012, 21:17:19 »
Catheter is the spelling you're looking for.

OOPS :-[........thanks O0

sevengates

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 06 May 2012, 21:24:36 »
Who's Nick Fury's female assistant? Agent Hill something? I thought she did well, able to survive Hawkeye and Loki.

Thanos is the leader of the Chitauri? Thought it was Super Skrull

I thought it was a skrull too but someone corrected me outside the theater afterward.

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
« Reply #58 on: 06 May 2012, 21:35:25 »

She was awesome in the movie.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #59 on: 06 May 2012, 22:49:51 »
She was awesome in the movie.

Agreed!

I thought it was a skrull too but someone corrected me outside the theater afterward.

Yeah...when i wiki'd the Chitauri the leader of their race was given as Super Skrull so i assumed it to be this guy. Thanks for correcting me about Thanos.

EDIT: This is seriously hilarious http://9gag.com/gag/3982713
« Last Edit: 07 May 2012, 02:07:38 by ArkRoyalRavager »