Author Topic: "Engines to Full!" - Fractured Space Giveaway on Steam  (Read 3824 times)

Marwynn

• Major
Re: "Engines to Full!" - Fractured Space Giveaway on Steam
« Reply #30 on: 19 April 2015, 22:09:51 »
Yeah, it can be a bit tough if the Flagship's just fighting the other Tier 1 ships. Had a match earlier tonight with 4 Flagships and one corvette. We just charged through one side and met the enemy team then captured their starbase. Couldn't do enough damage against one Flagship with a corvette around.

But the other ships can slaughter a Flagship fast.

I want a Destroyer so bad.

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #31 on: 19 April 2015, 23:57:51 »

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 20 April 2015, 00:03:44 »

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 20 April 2015, 14:49:20 »
Okay, one thing I cannot determine is what difference, if any, does it make where the missiles on the flagship launch from?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #34 on: 20 April 2015, 15:02:27 »
Okay, one thing I cannot determine is what difference, if any, does it make where the missiles on the flagship launch from?
the only thing i can think of is terrain and PDS.. intervening terrain seems to mess up missile travel, so changing the placement can effect how many reach the target in the crowded Alpha and Beta zones.. and since switching to the circular placement on my flagship, it seems like the wider spread as they travel lets more get through PDS.. but i don't know if that's an actual feature, or just people triggering their PDS too late.

Auren

• Lieutenant
  • Well.
« Reply #35 on: 21 April 2015, 05:02:15 »

Pretty much. On the flagship the launcher "upgrades" are side grades. The stock is alright for duking it out for anything in front of you. The dorsal mount covers all bases as long as you got a lock, and the Radial launcher is good for pushes. Most people forget about PDS. 

I can tell you right now that the Flagship is Not OP.

Also; Upgrades boost your max HP, I believe your agility, and reduce your cool downs for both guns and abilities. On some ships it makes a ridiculous difference. A level 0 Enforcer's Escalate has something like a 16s cool down at L0 and at L8 its like 6.

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 21 April 2015, 22:23:20 »
Finally got my Destroyer after a few nights worth of playing. Didn't do too bad. I love its 25 km range and the fact that its secondary weapons are the Flagship's primaries (with 15 km range). Don't know how useful "Block Map" is but it's a good, solid damage dealer and tank.

I played a few games with players that escaped League of Legends or some other toxic moba. Everyone's an idiot for not immediately doing what they say, people should uninstall the game and die, and so on. I truly hope the community doesn't turn out like that. I'm enjoying this game even in this very rough alpha state.

Auren

• Lieutenant
  • Well.
« Reply #37 on: 21 April 2015, 22:55:23 »
Yeah, the Destroyer is quite fun. Just be careful though, a Flagship will outmeat/out damage you up close.

I've found the ECM jam to be quite useful for doing things like setting up Assassins and as a first in usage. It affects the entire sector and all enemies. For things like a Gas Fight, you can easily be first in, start firing, fire the jammer. Then have your team come in. If enemies don't appear on sensors, there is also no audio queue that someone else showed up for the fight.