Author Topic: Questions about the Homeworlds  (Read 2517 times)

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
Questions about the Homeworlds
« on: 19 May 2020, 12:34:29 »
I have four questions about the post-Reaving Clan Homeworlds:

1. Are the Homeworld Clans neutralized as a threat to the Inner Sphere forever? I mean there are only four left.

2. In addition to Stone Lion, do you see new Clans raised in the future?

3. Do you see the current Homeworld Clans expanding beyond the Homeworlds?

4. How will the Homeworld Clans react to the ilClan?

Frabby

• Major
Re: Questions about the Homeworlds
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2020, 13:40:40 »
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. It will involve BattleMechs duking it out.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2020, 15:54:45 »
Hello!

1) The Home Clans are a threat if they come with a good plan.  The Star Adders are in the nominal leadership role, and they are the masters of plans.  Will they come back is the real question. 

2) We have been told that there will be no new Clans.  But plans can and often do change...

3) I "see" the Home Clans expanding through conquest in the Imperio and in Hansa space, but we won't know for sure until it is revealed.

4) First they have to hear about the IlClan.  With no HPG communications, they will have to have spies in the Inner Sphere.  That is something they may or may not have.  We don't know.  Though I would speculate that they do indeed have some kind of pipeline for IS information.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2020, 16:21:55 »
I have four questions about the post-Reaving Clan Homeworlds:

1. Are the Homeworld Clans neutralized as a threat to the Inner Sphere forever? I mean there are only four left.

2. In addition to Stone Lion, do you see new Clans raised in the future?

3. Do you see the current Homeworld Clans expanding beyond the Homeworlds?

4. How will the Homeworld Clans react to the ilClan?

Sadly the Home Clans have been put on a bus and answering these questions isn't financially viable as most of the BT community just doesn't seem interested enough.

With that said, some thoughts of mine below:

1. To the whole IS? Almost certainly. To any given part of it? No, if the four Clans worked together they should be able to carve out a new OZ, from the LC, DC, or crushing the Hell's Horses entirely.

2. Potentially, if the Home Clans grow big enough to merit it. There could be a split along Bastion/Aggressor lines in Clan Star Adder for instance. Or former Clans like Fire Mandrill or Steel Viper could be resurrected as 'purified' versions using the right bloodlines.

3. Very likely. The Imperio and Hanseatic League are obvious targets. By conquering them the Aggressors would get the combat they crave, and the resources of 9 + 29 systems (with presumably less hostile planets) would fall under Clan management.

4. What Rebs said. Wouldn't surprise me if Clan Sea Fox in fact maintained back channel comms with the Adders, providing them with intel on current affairs.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2020, 14:10:09 »
One more thing about question 4...

If the Homies somehow hear about the IlClan (and in specific the taking of Terra and use of it as a battlefield), it could very well be the catalyst for a new invasion. 

After all, it is the dream of every Clanner near and far to stand on the earth again and see Sol rise and set.   Knowing it is being defiled by their tainted brethren probably wouldn't sit well.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2020, 14:11:43 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2020, 11:04:49 »
One more thing about question 4...

If the Homies somehow hear about the IlClan (and in specific the taking of Terra and use of it as a battlefield), it could very well be the catalyst for a new invasion. 

After all, it is the dream of every Clanner near and far to stand on the earth again and see Sol rise and set.   Knowing it is being defiled by their tainted brethren probably wouldn't sit well.
I do not think that this is still the dream of the Home Clans. They had the Tainted-thingy in their War of Reavings holocaust and why shall they return? They would get tainted.

So they may say to the IlClan: "Congratulation! But now keep us alone, you tainted bloodfouls"
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2020, 11:44:24 »
I think they would still come back.  But this time it's not about conquering, because that kind of contact leads to being Tainted.  It will be complete sterilization so they can replace the population, not control it.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2020, 14:26:27 »
Time and lust for power will be the main factors.  If the Aggressors have their way, it will be a scorched earth invasion.

We will just have to wait and see.  No ideology remains pure when Terra is involved.  And I firmly believe in The Call of Terra.  It's like a black hole, and nothing escapes it.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2020, 04:19:28 »
I think they would still come back.  But this time it's not about conquering, because that kind of contact leads to being Tainted.  It will be complete sterilization so they can replace the population, not control it.
IMHO for this they do have neither the power nor it fits their Way of the Clans.

And the Call of Terra does not have the power it had once. Terra is Tainted, either.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2020, 11:55:20 »

I hope not, between the WoR, the Blakists, and Clan Jade Falcons Mongol Doctrine there has been enough examples of why Battletech should not use mass sterilization/destroying entire worlds.  I find it cheapens the game not to mention how many loose ends have been concluded with "He's dead, moving on" instead of a fleshed out story.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2020, 12:05:18 »
Orbital bombardment and the like is not off the table but certainly far down the list of potential actions.  Rather, instead of fighting it out trial-style it will be closer to how they deal with Dark Caste - no measures given, all resistance crushed quickly and efficiently.  While some steps would be taken to prevent damage to infrastructure they won't hesitate much to raze urban areas or factory complexes instead of rooting out a few resistors.  Harsh steps would be taken to control the civilian population, closer to what the Jaguars (and historically, the Falcons) had done, until the traditional Clan way of life and Caste system was well embedded.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Register