Author Topic: Are Embers of War, Betrayal of Ideals and Forever Faithful actually linked?  (Read 3238 times)

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
My Google books account is telling me they're all part of a three part series, but their blurb doesn't make it seem so, is it just because they're all from the same author and released relatively recently?

Because if they are linked I'm reading them in the wrong order :D

I bought and read FF ages ago, and just bought BoI, if they're linked then I'll wait til I can buy EoW and read that first.

Frabby

• Major
Embers of War was written by another author, Jason Schmetzer, and it was s a standalone story set a couple of years after Forever Faithful (and some 250 years after BoI, and some 1500 lightyears away from the other two books' storylines).
Except for being set in the BattleTech universe, the stories are not connected.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Yeah. Google Books i think are guestimating what belongs to what unless the book says it part 1 or volume.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
So, is there a recommended order to read them?  i was about to bust into them, so, I'm welcoming suggestions! :-) thanks, all!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Betrayal of Ideals first then Forever Faithful with Embers being the last one. This based on timeline only as the books are nearly completely unrelated as far as plots and cahracters go.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Renard

• Master Sergeant
So, is there a recommended order to read them?  i was about to bust into them, so, I'm welcoming suggestions! :-) thanks, all!

Embers of War is a story about a merc company faced by a hidden threat from WoB/Jihadists in the late 3060s in the Inner Sphere.  Forever Faithful is about the fate of the Smoke Jaguars in the 3060s but set in clan space.  Betrayal of Ideals is about the ancient history of the clans. They were fun reads, but have absolutely nothing to do with one another and no common characters or plot threads.  I kind of prefererred Embers of War.