Author Topic: Power Armor Design with a twist  (Read 1256 times)

willis

• Master Sergeant
Power Armor Design with a twist
« on: 03 June 2019, 19:37:00 »
I was mindlessly surfing the good ol internet one day and came across the The Best of Future Wars Vol 1, and as I browsed I can across an article by Bill Swisher. It covered the genesis of power in the time just before an assault on everyone's favorite whipping post, House Liao.
It reminds me of the original TRO 3025 with the mention of 'mechs lighter than 20 tons, and it fits in with the then standard of 'Mech construction  I have attached a pdf with the fluff/rules.
Enjoy :thumbsup:

Hptm. Streiger

• Lieutenant
  • 3d artist, spread sheet warrior, KTF
Re: Power Armor Design with a twist
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2019, 04:20:03 »
Good work

So we are looking at IS ProtoMech in all but name?

willis

• Master Sergeant
Re: Power Armor Design with a twist
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2019, 08:18:45 »
Yup, one could think it as a "lost" Terran Hegemony/Star League design....found by or mirrored development by House Steiner....and one can use battle armor weapons on these as well, and why not, also consider this, if the SLDF developed the combat version of the Nighthawk, had APCs able to transport/support them along with these units, 1 lance per company, and the tech was able to be maintained during the Succession Wars or re-developed post 3050 to fight the clans....who knows....we could of kicked the Clans collective back sides outta the Sphere.... >:D

Register