Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Best is anything you can get.

The Inner-Sphere should by 3055, have integrated some of Clan's technology in their mechs.  War tends to accelerate scientific-growth. 

Including crew and passengers.

Ruger

Preferably, through espionage, or a massive lie in which the Clans were duped into believing. The Inner-Sphere should be good at that; they've been dealing with Periphery-states for centuries.
Strategic Combat / Re: Battleforce Player Aid
« Last post by Zematus737 on Today at 11:50:48 »
Added the following lines to Force Gen:

(Roll once for every 100 pv, adjust skill to finalize)

Aero: 1-2 CF, 3-4 ASF 5-6 Choice or mixed

I have found that the more you add the less option paralysis a new player suffers in their confusion or decision making.  The Lance rolls are fun and lend themselves to very strange match ups that can be fun.  If you lack more diverse RAT's than those found in Total Warfare, you can use those found in the First Succession Wars book that has combat vehicles included.  Updated the 3039 file in the google drive, as it was missing some mechs.  I'd blame the MUL loading issues but the mistakes in not noticing the total number of mechs being off is and was a rookie mistake.  Another file of Introductory Mechs was also added that makes things a little easier.  Such things as VTOL's(v) and WiG's(g) will continue to not have RAT lists and you will just have to decide for yourself what you will like to have or use.  This is better, as you needs will depend on whether you have infantry or not.  As you sort your Lances, you will notice some mechs might go better with others, such as combining several Elements with Jump together to enable jump for the entire BF Unit.  Decide together whether you should require splits and detachments to reform them after the fact or if allowances are to be made for pre-fight reconfigurations.
I would go with the CGL mass produced ones- same materials, same techniques, and all off the same volume calculations.

The first company doing premiums were able to get them the same size- Black Knight, Stormcrow, etc.

The first company was doing traditional resin casting. Old, off the shelf technique.

Apparently they're using "dualcast" or similar for the newer ones, those are only a few year old and still under patent. They're still working out the bugs on shrinkage & proportion.

Which makes QC absolutely necessary, but that might not have been realized when the contracts were written. This isn't being done in house.
Fan Articles / Re: Armchair Analyst: The Hermes I
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 11:28:21 »
Great article,  Darthmetool. Love the detail  you put in.  The list of active and extinct of variants is amazingly useful to have listed.
Even as an insurance policy it does not make sense.  Penix has the kind of experience he should be starting now.  Not when Cousins gets hurt or in two to four years.  If Cousins were cheaper or Penix younger/less experienced it'd make sense.

But I digress.

Seattle's draft.

It was reasonably solid.  I don't see anything to be disappointed over but I'm not super excited by anyone either.
Combat Vehicles / Re: Weight Budget Challenge
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 11:02:14 »
It's like a bigger, slower Savannah Master... I like it! ;D
Is there something different about the WoB Heavy APC?

7/11 XL engine, Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor and twin Small VSPs, which were advanced at the time and very odd to see in a "basic" TRO.

There's also the Prowler with its 6 ton infantry bay, but I always consider that one more of a objective than a combat unit :)
 :cheesy: :cool: :drinking01: Well the NFL Draft 2024 is over DETROIT BLEW OUT OF THE WATER!!!!! They put on great show and from what I hear they broke a lot of records. I will say this it was huge DRAFT party down in Motown that for sure. I'am happy what the Lions did. I see everyone is real surprise that the Falcons pick QB . I can see why like I text my coworker at the draft downtown yesterday. The Lions did same thing last year it insurance just in case your QB go down. Now the Draft is over let see what crazy crap go on now.
The only way that trade/draft combo makes any sense is if there is some provision in Cousin's contract that we don't know about where he takes a massive pay cut if he doesn't play the full two years.  But I feel like that is something that would have gotten leaked to the media by now.
I can request a survey from BackerKit and it gives me the option to pay.  Anyone happen to know if I pay, would that get me into the Kickstarter and guarantee me the items?
On Friday it was confirmed by a Backerkit rep, on the Catalyst discord, that they will cancel any new orders placed from that point forward.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10