Author Topic: Question on empires beyond the periphery.  (Read 191 times)

Garagegamer

• Recruit
Question on empires beyond the periphery.
« on: 08 April 2024, 06:28:22 »
Hey I was wondering if anyone else felt his way about battletech?
Much like the Tauren Realms of the 2400s I feel like there are realms out there the inner sphere doesn't want to admit exists. I think the inner sphere has a innate bias that in a way gave up on exploring the entire universe due to their desire to conquer the inner sphere.
Just look at the clans. So I've been looking into the lore for reasons why they havnt found any more clusters of galaxies full of empires. Part of it is I think the outer realms beyond the periphery found out what happened to them so they decided to hide out from the inner sphere.

RifleMech

• Major
Re: Question on empires beyond the periphery.
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2024, 07:12:13 »
There are realms in the deep periphery. They are largely unknown or forgotten about so to their distance and events happening in the Inner Sphere, Periphery, and Clan Home Worlds. Its that distance that would keep deep periphery realms from visiting the IS.

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: Question on empires beyond the periphery.
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2024, 08:09:38 »
You need to check out the Interstellar Expeditions books there are multi-planet empires out there but they are small and the main story of Battletech is in the Inner Sphere and its likely to remain so. That said there are some flavorful ones and plenty of room for player made content