Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 249474 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Why would they sell a mech to anybody who asks, when it’s spelled out that they don’t sell it to just anybody?  ???
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
Why would they sell a mech to anybody who asks, when it’s spelled out that they don’t sell it to just anybody?  ???

“Money talks”.  “Believe half of what you see and none of what your hear”.  “Everyone else cheats why shouldn’t I?”  There are a thousand reasons and let’s face it the Clans time and again have been just as two faced as any leader in the Battletech universe.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major

Individual sales vs mass sales. If you're a Successor State that wants to buy them in bulk, they'll turn you down and refer you to another product. If you're a merc who's offering double the sale price for a single 'Mech? I could see them taking you up on it.

Worth saying that this is entirely speculative and has zero basis in canon, though.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
It also occurs to me that the Foxes are still clan.  You could always demand a Trial of Refusal over them declining to sell you something.  Theoretically, that could work.  It just...might not be the best idea. 
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
TRO Golden Century says that in the mid 3140s the Sea Foxes decided to revive the design & start selling it again.

And it is *STILL* one of the best Clan Medium OmniMechs. It surprises that, of all the IS factions, they are selling it predominantly to the CapCon.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
Seemingly a good market for ClanTech designs in the CapCon. Imagine my surprise to read that the Confederation is one of the biggest users of the Ebon Jaguar thanks to sales from the Sea Foxes.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Deep pockets for CapCon, they must have... either that or an abundance of cheap labor'd mineral stash to trade off, if you know what I mean.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Seemingly a good market for ClanTech designs in the CapCon. Imagine my surprise to read that the Confederation is one of the biggest users of the Ebon Jaguar thanks to sales from the Sea Foxes.

I would be surprised if that was still the case after a Fox got done playing taxi to Julian & pals.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Yep, the Sea Foxes played a big role in helping the Fed Suns attack and destroy the Ilsa Hyung over Marlette in 3146. 

Because of that, the Capellan Navy is now down to only one WarShip.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant

The thing is though that the CapCon started to pester Sea Fox affiliates for war supplies when Celestial Reward ramped up. The Foxes didn't take kindly to these attacks (lore from the Nagasawa dropship). I wonder how long the Foxes will let that continue. Also from the FM 3145 the Foxes often increased their sales to the Capellan March whenever the Confederation attacked merchants that were affiliated with the Foxes. And now with Terra fallen I'd wager that the Foxes won't deal with the Capellans any more unless they truly want to be seen as "merchants of death" (and I am not sure if the Ilclan will take kindly to those who support their opponents)

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
I would be surprised if that was still the case after a Fox got done playing taxi to Julian & pals.

I'm sure they could weasel out of that easily.

"Chancellor, please. We cannot be held accountable for the actions of every Aimag and Khanate in our entire Clan. Whatever arrangements your foe has with our wayward Trothkin is between them and them alone. In truth, the presence of Tiburon in our wate- forgive me, your grand domain, is cause for some concern on our part. Personally, it is a deal I would never have made, for the folly of even dreaming to challenge your divine might. But, to assuage your concerns, we are prepared to offer a blanket 5% discount on all purchases made until the end of the fiscal cycle. Please think of it as our way of honoring the brave sailors lost over Marlette."

The thing is though that the CapCon started to pester Sea Fox affiliates for war supplies when Celestial Reward ramped up. The Foxes didn't take kindly to these attacks (lore from the Nagasawa dropship). I wonder how long the Foxes will let that continue. Also from the FM 3145 the Foxes often increased their sales to the Capellan March whenever the Confederation attacked merchants that were affiliated with the Foxes. And now with Terra fallen I'd wager that the Foxes won't deal with the Capellans any more unless they truly want to be seen as "merchants of death" (and I am not sure if the Ilclan will take kindly to those who support their opponents)

All true, but that was a very true situation by 3145. We can see that the CapCon still has access to things like the Coyotl and the Lupus that started going on sale in 3145 and 3146 respectively, so the Foxes apparently still didn't mind accepting Capellan coin any more than the Capellans minded paying increased prices. I too am interested to see how the Sea Foxes will handle things when Alaric starts telling them who they can and cannot do business with.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
It was not just the lost of the ship, the Foxes started raiding Cappies worlds and even assisted Julian in gathering supplies.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
There was also an incident on Corey in 3149, from the Hammerhead fluff, where Skate Khanate gets mad at the locals refusal to trade (and subsequently firing on Fox dropships that tried to land anyway), and end up conquering and looting the local spaceport and claiming the whole thing for Clan Sea Fox.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I don’t think the CC has any domestic clan tech production, it’s whatever they can loot off the republic/Fed suns and buy. If they can’t buy they fall way behind the curve
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
I don’t think the CC has any domestic clan tech production, it’s whatever they can loot off the republic/Fed suns and buy. If they can’t buy they fall way behind the curve

IMO that is down to Capellan pride . . . they do not need the weapons of enemies/can stand on their own/other nationalist slogans.  It is part of why in the late 3130s the Capellans kicked out and quit using mercenaries.
Colt Ward

Rainbow 6

• Captain
And it is *STILL* one of the best Clan Medium OmniMechs. It surprises that, of all the IS factions, they are selling it predominantly to the CapCon.

Well it looks like the FedSuns and LyrCom get them in numbers as well, oddly they aren't selling them to the FWL even though the factory is in their space.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Well it looks like the FedSuns and LyrCom get them in numbers as well, oddly they aren't selling them to the FWL even though the factory is in their space.

Give it a hot minute, that'll change.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
All true, but that was a very true situation by 3145. We can see that the CapCon still has access to things like the Coyotl and the Lupus that started going on sale in 3145 and 3146 respectively, so the Foxes apparently still didn't mind accepting Capellan coin any more than the Capellans minded paying increased prices. I too am interested to see how the Sea Foxes will handle things when Alaric starts telling them who they can and cannot do business with.

Well wouldn't be exactly new for the Foxes. they had the same issue when they were still the Diamond Sharks and started selling second line Mechs (with Clan weapons) to the IS. The Falcons actually issued a trial against them and the Sharks won the trial by using second line machines underscoring their point that the warrior matters not the machine. Maybe they will bring this point up again. I mean they also sold massive quantities to the Republic right before the fall of said Republic and Alaric doesn't seem to hold that against them (funny though the Foxes get "paid" by claiming the gear of the RAF which in essence came partially from the Foxes)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Wait... If the Foxes claim RAF gear, that could mean a clan built Ares in the future?

Shoot, maybe they'll add Nova CEWS to it... I mean as soon as the Homies show up, everybody will see...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
Homies banned Nova CEWS. It's more likely to show up in Imperial or Horses ranks.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
Doubt we'll see an Ares it's not the clan way.

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
Homies are probably busy rediscovering that you can start a fire by smacking two rocks together.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
Wait... If the Foxes claim RAF gear, that could mean a clan built Ares in the future?

Shoot, maybe they'll add Nova CEWS to it... I mean as soon as the Homies show up, everybody will see...

TT

Aren't the production sites for the Ares and Poseidon in Clan Wolf hands (unless the Republic managed to wipe the files)? They most likely won't cede that to the Foxes so we might get some refits. If they even want something like that.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
The RAF had the Rhodes Foundry rigged to blow if they lost it, and had detached an all-tripod force to support the RAF line regiment guarding the factory.  However, once the main Wall came down, Stone ordered the line regiment redeployed offworld, leaving only the superheavies.  When Clan Wolf attacked, they found the lumbering 'Mechs without support and were able to pick them off from range.  For a reason not detailed, the factory defenders never triggered the pre-planted explosives.  (Possibly some Elementals got in and deactivated the bombs while the Superheavies still thought they could win.)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Homies are probably busy rediscovering that you can start a fire by smacking two rocks together.
Or maybe they've developed ER/Heavy/Pulse OmniLasers and Rotary LBX ACs.  We really have no way of knowing.
Sunrise is Coming.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Or maybe they've developed ER/Heavy/Pulse OmniLasers and Rotary LBX ACs.  We really have no way of knowing.

AlienTech.  :thumbsup:

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Homies banned Nova CEWS. It's more likely to show up in Imperial or Horses ranks.

Stone Lions have permission to use it in their non mech forces, as all others consider that a taint amongst the general census.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
True, but they can only go so far before the Cobras or Adders view it as heresy and annihilate them, thus preventing any meaningful employment of the technology.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
You're assuming the Adders and Cobras don't see the light.  They are just won't use it on each other.  But I bet they would use it against tainted IS forces in order to even the odds.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Stone Lions have permission to use it in their non mech forces, as all others consider that a taint amongst the general census.

TT
Use in the second line and solahma vehicle forces against non-Clan opponents per Wars of Reaving Supplemental in the Tools of Blood section.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Register