Author Topic: Some fun little previews from Randal!  (Read 5958 times)

GhostBear_TomeGurdel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Apparently, it is all my fault!
Some fun little previews from Randal!
« on: 12 July 2011, 15:38:22 »
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2084199034840&set=a.1469440586263.60764.1541053249&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2084201314897&set=a.1469440586263.60764.1541053249&type=1&theater

Upcoming Bounty Hunter Marauder and Support Lance from IWM!

LOOKIE LOOKIE, I see a new Cauldron Born!

Just a Warning they are posted on Facebook, so I don't know if you will be able to see them without an account.
Craig "GhostBear_TomeGurdel" Tome (formerly azhael)

Catalyst Demo Team Agent #335
Former WizKids Battlemaster
I aim to misbehave!

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: Some fun little previews from Randal!
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2011, 15:49:46 »
no primitive shadow hawk though... still I think I wanna get a few of these just for the Hawks
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

keisukekun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • A Love Suicide
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2011, 15:51:16 »
Nice looking.  Im still working on getting all teh lance packs.  Think i have liek 10 or so to go

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2011, 16:47:06 »
this is my most anticipated release of the summer, ever since i first saw them. i'm also hoping big time that those last few dossiers that were mentioned coincides with these guys and not something else
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2011, 16:49:03 »
No facebook account.   no access to the net at home so blocked.  anyway I can get a view of them through another page? 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2011, 16:56:30 »
Randall posted none facebook links on twitter, too.

German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2011, 17:06:24 »
those are kewl,  thanks!
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2011, 17:19:43 »
LOOKIE LOOKIE, I see a new Cauldron Born!

I see the same Cauldron Born, with new weapons.  Having seen the vastly superior AFG Cauldron Born that's been in whatever limbo for years untold, all I have  to say is that I Am Disappoint. 

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2011, 17:38:10 »
AT least the Cauldy weapons look sharp.  Liking the dual ERLL PXH as well.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2011, 17:46:53 »

I see the same Cauldron Born, with new weapons.  Having seen the vastly superior AFG Cauldron Born that's been in whatever limbo for years untold, all I have  to say is that I Am Disappoint. 

AFG?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2011, 18:13:06 »
I believe AFG is a fan casting group that makes their own versions of CBT minis. Many are superior to IWM's.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2011, 18:20:57 »
I don't know why, but I am most excited for that Javelin.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2011, 18:25:08 by ShockaTime »

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #12 on: 12 July 2011, 22:45:06 »

After years of waiting on that thing, I've given up. This may not be the resculpt, but at least it's going to get released. The resculpt is pretty much dead- or at least, if the project still has life, it's sadly quiet.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 12 July 2011, 22:54:00 »
After years of waiting on that thing, I've given up. This may not be the resculpt, but at least it's going to get released. The resculpt is pretty much dead- or at least, if the project still has life, it's sadly quiet.

this is pretty much how i feel about it also, we occasionally see insane kangaroo paint one up, but that's about it, and it seems to be caught up in some man made limbo that know one actually knows what's going on in. i'm a big fan of variant mechs, so i'm fairly pleased to see the variant; would the new sculpt be cooler-yes, but i'll take the variant since it's coming
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2011, 04:00:25 »
no primitive shadow hawk though... still I think I wanna get a few of these just for the Hawks
there's a Cauldron-Born instead if my eyes don't fail me
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #15 on: 13 July 2011, 04:10:14 »
there's a Cauldron-Born instead if my eyes don't fail me

The Cauldron Born was always part of the set.
The Bounty Hunter Set are actually two sets. Bounty Hunter [Includes B. H. Mad Cat S Mech, B. H. Marauder II Mech, and B. H. Night Hawk Power Armor] and Bounty Hunter "Companion" [Includes Phoenix Hawk A, Cauldron Born A, Javelin-11D, and SHD-1Primitive Shadow Hawk]. The second one containing the Cauldron Born as well as the primitive Shadow Hawk (according to frpgames)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Tressel

• Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2011, 04:14:56 »
Never heard of AFG before. Could someone PM me a link? I would be interested in checking them out.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #17 on: 13 July 2011, 04:41:42 »
Never heard of AFG before. Could someone PM me a link? I would be interested in checking them out.

A) Australian Fan-Finance Group; a bunch of antipodeans who banded together to help get some units sculpted.

B) No website.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Shin Yodama

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 13 July 2011, 05:48:53 »
I find it hard to believe that they are not using the vastly superior AFG Cauldron Born to base this new BH Companion Cauldy on - I call it insane!

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 13 July 2011, 07:14:34 »
The Cauldron Born was always part of the set.
The Bounty Hunter Set are actually two sets. Bounty Hunter [Includes B. H. Mad Cat S Mech, B. H. Marauder II Mech, and B. H. Night Hawk Power Armor] and Bounty Hunter "Companion" [Includes Phoenix Hawk A, Cauldron Born A, Javelin-11D, and SHD-1Primitive Shadow Hawk]. The second one containing the Cauldron Born as well as the primitive Shadow Hawk (according to frpgames)
Thanks for the pictures since I too refuse to 'face the book'.

The first set makes sense to me because I can find the Bounty Hunter ties to the Mad Cat and Night Hawk PA and  I recall the Marauder II tie-in.  However, I can't find anything for the "Companion" set.  Is there a sourcebook PDF or Turning Point I'm missing?  I can appreciate, and even applaud, the 11D, SHD-1R, and Cauldron-Born as variants/minis to have sculpted but I can't find the Phoenix Hawk A  in the MUL or in either TRO: PP or 3085.  Also, I find it odd that the TRO: 3055 entry for the Falconer pilot MechWarrior Rebekah is apparently unused.  So unless she's driving one of the other 'Mechs the rebuilt Falconer would have seemed to be a necessity for the set.  Anyway, if it is merely a forth coming Turning Point it will likely make more sense to me.

Genyosha

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 13 July 2011, 07:26:11 »
Reinforce this positions (green on picture).
Madcat RE arms break to easy there.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 13 July 2011, 07:31:33 »
Thanks for the pictures since I too refuse to 'face the book'.

The first set makes sense to me because I can find the Bounty Hunter ties to the Mad Cat and Night Hawk PA and  I recall the Marauder II tie-in.  However, I can't find anything for the "Companion" set.  Is there a sourcebook PDF or Turning Point I'm missing?  I can appreciate, and even applaud, the 11D, SHD-1R, and Cauldron-Born as variants/minis to have sculpted but I can't find the Phoenix Hawk A  in the MUL or in either TRO: PP or 3085.  Also, I find it odd that the TRO: 3055 entry for the Falconer pilot MechWarrior Rebekah is apparently unused.  So unless she's driving one of the other 'Mechs the rebuilt Falconer would have seemed to be a necessity for the set.  Anyway, if it is merely a forth coming Turning Point it will likely make more sense to me.

There was a thread sometime back asking about the variants and it was said the Phoenix Hawk A was an error, but don't recall which variant it is (or if it was even said).
I believe the current plan is all the lance packs will get dossier products like the TR 3085 pack and the Liao Lance Packs as part of IWM and Catalyst working together on supporting those.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 13 July 2011, 10:30:01 »
There was a thread sometime back asking about the variants and it was said the Phoenix Hawk A was an error, but don't recall which variant it is (or if it was even said).
I believe the current plan is all the lance packs will get dossier products like the TR 3085 pack and the Liao Lance Packs as part of IWM and Catalyst working together on supporting those.
Thanks, that was the direction I was hoping someone would offer.  I'd forgotten the 'Dossiers' and had been looking through the Battlecorps unit updates I had.

S/F

Matt

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2011, 11:33:47 »
Maybe the PXH will be a new variant or they mean the 3M/3D/or best of all, 3K, the best of the 3050 PXHs.