Author Topic: IlClan Delayed for Reformat  (Read 27370 times)

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
Re: IlClan Delayed for Reformat
« Reply #150 on: 02 September 2017, 07:51:35 »
In terms of predictions, I have always thought the IlClan era might see all the I.S. Clans become one-mega Clan, the IlClan, with all the component parts inside (There are still internal Khans, who operate the Clans like states with the IlClan being a very strong federal-style of government).  I remember the Devs mentioning wanting to simply the factions down, and we see that happening with a number of factions.  Then they could have The IlClan in the Inner Sphere, with an IlClan in the Homeworlds.

Capellan Confederation + Canopus + Andurien (Dania Centrella-Liao being the heir to all 3)
Republic + Fed Suns (Mention of a Government in exile in TRO3150)
All the Clans (IlClan perhaps?)

My bet is that even if there is an IlClan, they don't get to hold onto Terra for the long hall.  Given Alaric Ward's cunning, maybe he decides landing on Terra and holding it briefly gives him the prestige to claim IlClan status, kind of like how he played games with Tharkard (only claiming a continent, just going in to kill or capture Archon Melissa).

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

ChrystalNiNja88

• Corporal
  • THE WORD, THE WORD, THE WORD....
« Reply #151 on: 02 September 2017, 10:15:13 »
It has not to be a full-scale invasion, an invasion from the Inner Sphere / Third League firstly and then a steady escalation. A war being fought in deep space away from the Inner Sphere.

Slowly weakening the Third League who will be confronted then by increasing nationalism in the regions of the old Successor States and then more and more rebellions. Besides increasing tensions among the Third League Clans.

So a lot of internal conflicts and and very dangerous external conflict ... a good start for a new age of war.

I'd be down with that. Nothing settles in a new League like a good ol' unification war  >:D. Also, the steady increase of successor state rebellions lets players root for their favorite House throwing off the League's shackles and open up some new fun campaign possibilities.
Socket to me! -Robot Nixon

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #152 on: 02 September 2017, 13:38:08 »
I begin to think you're all trolling me, the way this thread has descended into the same stravag grasping at crazy theories that renders the wait more wearisome than anything else.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #153 on: 02 September 2017, 13:54:26 »
I begin to think you're all trolling me, the way this thread has descended into the same stravag grasping at crazy theories that renders the wait more wearisome than anything else.
That's just called the internet.  You should be used to it by now.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #154 on: 02 September 2017, 14:15:29 »
Locked pending review
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #155 on: 02 September 2017, 15:43:09 »
At this point we're going to keep the thread lock. It has been such a source of bad blood that the mods regard this as a conversational well of poison. Frankly, we're tired of it.

"We're done here." - Cave Johnson
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Register