Author Topic: Mars Rising: Marian Hegemony IV  (Read 171091 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Mars Rising: Marian Hegemony IV
« Reply #960 on: 25 March 2021, 19:54:19 »
At the Shark / Foxes :

All it would take would be a single trade. Using one of three Carrack Merchant variant, warship turned merchant.

With equal amount of trade and other " stuff ", that single ship could amount a whole mess of things.

Suggest look up what their doing, buying and trading in the " local " areas...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #961 on: 26 March 2021, 00:58:11 »
if you want to see what the marians are importing by and large, look at the periphery general list by itself. that's what's being sold in large enough numbers to make shipping it all down into the periphery worthwhile. most of the specifically marian-assigned units are pre-3067 marik and steiner  gear acquired through various means over the years (with a touch of wobby mixed in there) and what they manufacture for themselves like the rocket launcher H variants.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #962 on: 26 March 2021, 10:48:45 »
if you want to see what the marians are importing by and large, look at the periphery general list by itself. that's what's being sold in large enough numbers to make shipping it all down into the periphery worthwhile. most of the specifically marian-assigned units are pre-3067 marik and steiner  gear acquired through various means over the years (with a touch of wobby mixed in there) and what they manufacture for themselves like the rocket launcher H variants.

Not everything is pre 3067 imported material

Stinger STG-5G  -- 3076
Wasp WSP-3P  -- 3086
Wasp WSP-5A  -- 3114
Commando COM-2Dr  -- 3075
Hermit Crab HMC-13/14/15  -- 3104
Cadaver CVR-A1  --  3094
UrbanMech UM-AIV  -- 3072
UrbanMech UM-R80 -- 3076
Firestarter FS9-M2/M3/M4  -- 3101/3104/3109
Ostscout OTT-12R  -- 3145
Storm Raider STM-R1/R2/R3 -- 3097/98/3106
Clint CLNT-3-3T -- 3069
Hermes II HER-5Sr -- 3074
Icarus II ICR-2S -- 3073 (unless you tell me they are made locally by virtue of the primitive versions being made and made)
Vulcan VT-5Sr  -- 3074
Cobra CBR-03 -- 3075
Eisenfaust EFT-7X  -- 3076
Centurion CN9-Ar  -- 3072
Ghost GST-11  -- 3082
Dervish DV-6Mr  -  3072
Gladiator GLD-5R -- 3075  (unless you tell me they are made locally by virtue of the primitive versions being made and made)
Griffin GRF-3N  -- 3094
Marshal MHL-6FR  -- 3086
Shadow Hawk SHD-5R  -- 3087
Shadow Hawk SHD-7H  --  3097
Wolverine WVR-9M   - - 3073
Quickdraw QKD-5Mr   - - -3070
Bandersnatch BNDR-01Ar  -- 3071
Archer ARC-4M2   -- 3086
HawkWolf HWK-3F  -- 3076
Longbow LGB-14C  -- 3070
Goliath GOL-6H  - 3071
Victor VTR-9Ka  -- 3076
Highlander HGN-740  -- 3115
Atlas AS7-K2  -- 3082

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #963 on: 26 March 2021, 11:22:58 »
yeah, i misspoke, i really meant pre-republic (having 3067 open for something else crossed my wires... a frequent occurrence)

there are a number of primitives still in production around the entire inner sphere. marian production itself is very limited on all fronts

the marshal in particular is a product of how we track data. since the Fronc Reaches isn't on the list of states we track and that variant had to go somewhere, it got Periphery General (same with the Tinstar suits). 

a good amount of gear you have there is actually from the periphery general list, which i mentioned was traded widely, including to the marians

this is more what i was speaking to
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasRole=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&Role=None+Selected&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=&Factions=35&AvailableEras=16
« Last Edit: 26 March 2021, 11:30:59 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #964 on: 26 March 2021, 11:37:47 »
yeah, i misspoke, i really meant pre-republic (having 3067 open for something else crossed my wires... a frequent occurrence)

there are a number of primitives still in production around the entire inner sphere. marian production itself is very limited on all fronts

the marshal in particular is a product of how we track data. since the Fronc Reaches isn't on the list of states we track and that variant had to go somewhere, it got Periphery General (same with the Tinstar suits). 

a good amount of gear you have there is actually from the periphery general list, which i mentioned was traded widely, including to the marians

this is more what i was speaking to
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasRole=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&Role=None+Selected&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=&Factions=35&AvailableEras=16

Great, my comment was to confirm the trade with the LC and inter-periphery

And there are still more mechs of the following Rec Guide to appear, let's hope to link some mech that we build beyond the Commando and the Locust, and the primitives

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #965 on: 26 March 2021, 11:51:49 »
the lyrans still like money as far as I know so yes, they're definitely sending equipment down there  :)

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #966 on: 26 March 2021, 11:59:38 »
the lyrans still like money as far as I know so yes, they're definitely sending equipment down there  :)

And if in the process of making money, they bother at the border of the FWL, I do not think they are indifferent

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #967 on: 27 March 2021, 08:44:51 »
The Hegemony and Regulus are important Lyran proxies to keep the Leaguers off balance, and their factories will keep working to keep the two factions supplied all the time.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #968 on: 27 March 2021, 08:46:50 »
Well. Not regulus now

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #969 on: 27 March 2021, 09:05:59 »
Apologies. Was referring to the 3075-3140 period.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #970 on: 29 March 2021, 15:24:31 »
Only problem with tying that to the Lyrans is . . . they have nowhere producing Jumpships any more. 

In some places ignoring Gibbs will earn you a head-slap.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #971 on: 29 March 2021, 15:46:18 »

And rightfully so in most of those places.

Especially if your name is DiNozzo.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #972 on: 29 March 2021, 17:04:17 »

What ignoring?  Unless it was snuck in Shrapnel #4 which has not delivered to me even if it was paid for months ago as part of the KS, the fact has not changed that the Lyrans officially have no jumpship shipyard under their control.

With that said, and knowing they do not have to be built in Star Trek based construction slips the Lyrans could be building them in open space . . . they just also lost the production facilities for the stationkeeping drives until fluff says otherwise.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #973 on: 29 March 2021, 18:02:36 »
What ignoring?  Unless it was snuck in Shrapnel #4 which has not delivered to me even if it was paid for months ago as part of the KS, the fact has not changed that the Lyrans officially have no jumpship shipyard under their control.

The orbital shipyards at Gibbs were raided by Clan Jade Falcon in August 3144, but the strike was likely diversionary in nature, as it
was a light group easily pushed back by the LCAF aerospace defense. Even so, the Ioto Galactic Enterprises facility, located at Gibbs’ L1 Lagrange point, has also been the most heavily defended space facility in the realm since the Jihad.
Field Manual: 3145, page 122

Located only a jump from Tharkad and Coventry, while also serving as some to the Commonwealth’s largest remaining naval yards, Gibbs is strategically critical to the
LCAF—and both Clans Wolf and Jade Falcon know this.
Field Manual: 3145, page 129

IOTO GALACTIC ENTERPRISES (IotoGal) - Ioto Orbital One (Gibbs) - Main Products (Ioto of Gibbs): Merchant JumpShip
Handbook: House Steiner, page 143

...with Gibbs having the only JumpShip manufacturing facility. While it was hastily upgraded to allow for WarShip maintenance, production expansion beyond Merchant class JumpShips won’t likely occur until the mid-3090s at best.
Field Manual: 3085, page 97
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #974 on: 30 March 2021, 06:08:23 »
Hi guys, MH newbie here.  Just starting my entry and collection.  Don't mean to interrupt the technical history.  Came here because something I read is bothering me and I can see Marians are still annoyed from the technical crawl being slow so I apologize again.

I read the Marian (Let's be real, the Marik part) of Shattered Fortress and wanted to ask what... the hell is going on in the Hegemony command structure?  We went from raids to hone the military (ie live train) and preparing for a retaliatory invasion with experienced and ready combatants (Field Manual 3145), to invading two nations with no buildup and screwing up royally?  Not only that, but reverting back to pirate mentalities and spreading so thin from trying to loot that they can't even hold a province capitol?

Not trying to rant or critique, I'm just baffled they would 180 a faction development from one book to the next like it's 40k Chaos Marines.  Unless they wanted to highlight that the FWL is probably going to see another civil war if Marik goes rogue.
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #975 on: 30 March 2021, 08:53:45 »
And rightfully so in most of those places.

Especially if your name is DiNozzo.

Ruger

I was not responsible for the naming of Gibb's moon.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #976 on: 30 March 2021, 09:05:01 »
Hm, well no one was bringing that out in the 'Lyrans are doomed' topic- I was providing the obscure Swartklipz reference lol.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #977 on: 30 March 2021, 11:38:08 »
@ Turaglas

This was hotly debated starting about page 18 . It probably best to go back there rather than reignite that fire.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #978 on: 30 March 2021, 15:03:34 »
As Saint tells you, review the debate from page 18 onwards, I agree with you that nothing written about that campaign has any strategic sense or of any kind.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #979 on: 30 March 2021, 15:24:07 »
. . . nothing written about that campaign has any strategic sense or of any kind.

Which has not stopped such events from playing out repeatedly in real history.
Colt Ward

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #980 on: 30 March 2021, 16:19:28 »

I mean that the immediately previous book said that the MHAF and the government of the Hegemony had a policy totally opposite to how they act at that time, it is more until Ignatius reorganizes a legion than in the two previous books he said that he would not rebuild it yet and thus several issues faced

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #981 on: 30 March 2021, 17:11:37 »
Huh?  Are you comparing FM3085 or ER3145 to FM3145?  Since 3100 there were 3 different Caesers . . . and when the caeser changes, then policy can change- sometimes drastically. 

You are also changing topics- you think a campaign does not make sense but you have much more OOC information than the policy makers have IC, and thus some things might not make sense because you have that complete picture.
Colt Ward

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #982 on: 30 March 2021, 17:31:31 »
I am talking about the last Cesar who is Ignatius O'Really and in the ERA Report and Field Manual 3145 he talks about him not of the others who are from previous eras, I am not English speaking but it is very clear in the ER Report and Field Report 3145 it make it very clear

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #983 on: 30 March 2021, 18:18:25 »
Huh?  Are you comparing FM3085 or ER3145 to FM3145?  Since 3100 there were 3 different Caesers . . . and when the caeser changes, then policy can change- sometimes drastically. 

You are also changing topics- you think a campaign does not make sense but you have much more OOC information than the policy makers have IC, and thus some things might not make sense because you have that complete picture.

The Marian Hegemony has spent the years since the Blackout in a relative state of quiet. With their military spent from years of fighting in the Lothian territories, they are in no position to take advantage of the lack of communications with aggressive action against their neighbors.
Era Report 3145, page 76

This announcement is indicative of the type of Caesar that Ignatius has been since he came to power. Given to impulsive decisions and rash judgments, he can be capriciously cruel at the worst of times. Yet there is another side to him, one that composes humorous poetry for sick children, or dedicates a botanical garden on Alphard for the free use of the public.
Era Report 3145, page 113

Still, Caesar Ignatius has refrained from territorial expansion and has instead concentrated on intense raiding across the long Periphery border with the Free Worlds League and deep into the Magistracy of Canopus—activities that seem aimed more at projecting and honing the MHAF’s strength.
Field Manual 3145, page 185

Unlike his father or grandfather, Ignatius supports diplomatic and cultural ties with nearby unaffiliated worlds....This has enabled the Hegemony’s sphere of influence to extend itself with far less bloodshed throughout the 3140s.
Field Manual 3145, page 185

This recovery has been slowed by increased combat action across the coreward region of the Hegemony, where the I, II, and III Legios have all been experiencing nearly triple the number of bandit raids since hostilities with the Lothian League were suspended.
Field Manual 3145, page 196

From this sources, we can find that the MH spend most of their post Jihad years rebuilding their nation and armed forces, and dealing (badly) with the Lothians. After 2 dead Cesars, Ignatius just said "screw that" i forgot about Lothario. Now, we can see the MHAF rebuilding and  improving their officer corps with some limited raiding, while diplomatically trying a "soft power" approach with the independants like Niops and New St. Andrews, with military selling and spots in their military academies. We also see, from other sources, that the MH supported pirate bands to attack the MoC and the various ex-FWL states to have them busy.

I have to concede that Ignatius is mercurial, the guy guy have a bad case of Bipolarism, but he is mostly a politician and diplomat before a warrior, and i can see the MHAF command advicing against dealing with a reformed FWL.

Then, in Shattered Fortress you have the MH heavily raiding Tamarind, invading 2 planets in the Rim Commonality for no apparent reason, and a former canopian planet. This were not raids, or crash and grab actions, these were full blown invasions, and after some action, retreats. And then Tamarind get mechs and mercs from who know where (after the heavy losses the Tamarid Regular had for the previous years) and began to invade the MH.

So, either Ignatius got full tin-pot dictator, fell to a "clever capellan trick" (see Shattered Fortress page 37), took "stupid pills", have IC information that forced him to order those actions, all of the above, or maybe some other reason we don't know.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #984 on: 30 March 2021, 21:44:26 »
Or based on incomplete information rather than the POV writer's overview, decided to pursue a buffer between core Hegemony worlds and the neo League thinking that Andurien and Regulus would be supporting them. My point was the ER & FM were not out of sync though probably did have a different approach then FM3085.
Colt Ward

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #985 on: 31 March 2021, 05:35:10 »
As Saint tells you, review the debate from page 18 onwards, I agree with you that nothing written about that campaign has any strategic sense or of any kind.

I apologize, I should have read the topic first. 

Usually there is a thought process that goes into bad and suicidal ideas in history that are only terrible with hindsight.  There was no thought process here, this is basically feeder writing to set up something later.  But I'm not going to reignite the debate.  More of just trying to figure out what's going on but I seem to have an echoing answer from the playerbase.

I'm happy to get into the faction and meet all of you though.  Would I be good to ask about Hegemony mechs in MUL/Periphery ratsvhere or should I ask in another topic?
« Last Edit: 31 March 2021, 05:49:57 by Turaglas »
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #986 on: 31 March 2021, 08:07:12 »
I apologize, I should have read the topic first. 

Usually there is a thought process that goes into bad and suicidal ideas in history that are only terrible with hindsight.  There was no thought process here, this is basically feeder writing to set up something later.  But I'm not going to reignite the debate.  More of just trying to figure out what's going on but I seem to have an echoing answer from the playerbase.

I'm happy to get into the faction and meet all of you though.  Would I be good to ask about Hegemony mechs in MUL/Periphery ratsvhere or should I ask in another topic?

Welcome Turaglas, Hegemony and Cesar welcome you with open arms, it is not necessary to open another post, ask here what you want from the Mechs Marians of the MUL.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #987 on: 31 March 2021, 09:25:12 »

No here works . . . basically after 3060, if you are not packing rockets on something, you are wrong.
Colt Ward

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #988 on: 31 March 2021, 12:57:29 »
No here works . . . basically after 3060, if you are not packing rockets on something, you are wrong.

There are more than RL mechs on the MUL roster

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #989 on: 31 March 2021, 14:03:08 »
There are more than RL mechs on the MUL roster

Sure, those 'Mechs awaiting modifications to mount rockets.  ;)