Author Topic: 2013-12-15 The Nellus Academy Incident, Book 5: Parts 1-5 [Jennifer Brozek]  (Read 3969 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
2013-11-10 The Nellus Academy Incident, Book 5: Part I [Jennifer Brozek]

It was a beautiful Mech, even if it was decked out in Lyran Alliance colors.

The final act of The Nellus Academy Incident is here! In Part 1 of Book 5, the cadets need to keep their wits about them if they're going to find a way out of the base alive.

2013-11-17 The Nellus Academy Incident, Book 5: Part II [Jennifer Brozek]

He didn’t realize the Commando was coming for him until it was too late.

In part 2, the cadets must escape the mercenary base. Can they gain control of the 'Mech before it's too late?

2013-11-24 The Nellus Academy Incident, Book 5: Part III [Jennifer Brozek]

"We’re gonna have company soon."

The Nellus Academy Incident comes down to the final few chapters! In Part 3, the cavalry arrives, but the cadets have no means of identifying themselves as friendlies.

2013-12-01 The Nellus Academy Incident, Book 5: Part IV [Jennifer Brozek]

It was like being back in the no-win scenario at the academy...only this was real.

In the penultimate chapter of the Nellus Academy Incident, the cadets must fight for their lives to escape. But can Cadet Allegra overcome the shadow of the past?

2013-12-15 The Nellus Academy Incident, Book 5: Part V [Jennifer Brozek]

Allegra fought the living nightmare as the broken and scorched Commando moved into her field of view.

Will the Nellus Academy cadets make it out alive? Find out in the final chapter of the Nellus Academy Incident!

[era]CW[/era]
« Last Edit: 15 December 2013, 12:42:07 by roosterboy »

Sharpnel

• Colonel
For those interested, Part III is up for your reading pleasure
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Sharpnel

• Colonel

2013-11-24 The Nellus Academy Incident, Book 5: Part IV [Jennifer Brozek]

In the penultimate chapter of the Nellus Academy Incident, the cadets must fight for their lives to escape. But can Cadet Allegra overcome the shadow of the past?

[era]CW[/era]
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Please stop. These threads are for discussing the BattleCorps stories, not for trying to one-up the staff when we don't update fast enough to satisfy you.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
And the final chapter...

gaaneden

• Recruit
Hope you all enjoyed The Nellus Academy Incident. I had a blast writing it.

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
Hope you all enjoyed The Nellus Academy Incident. I had a blast writing it.
So are you already working on the sequel?
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

gaaneden

• Recruit
Not immediately working on a sequel. I mean, I know where the sequel will be if I'm asked to do another one. In the meantime, I'm doing a lot of tie-in fiction for other properties like Shadowrun.

gaaneden

• Recruit
For those of you who really liked the series and wouldn't mind having THE NELLUS ACADEMY INCIDENT on your iPad/kindle, its been released as a novel all over the place. I've linked the different vendors in a blog post. Also, I've been getting a lot of really nice blurbs on the book.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
Is this this piece of fiction considered canon or is it more in line with the Somerset Strikers series/source book?

Frabby

• Major
BattleCorps publications are fully canonical, save for stuff like April Fools day publications.

Btw, the 1st Somerset Strikers sourcebook is also fully canonical - the parts written as a BT sourcebook, at least.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
hmmm... but it is a little bit far stretched imho that all of this happens within just 7 days. This seems impossible within the technical limits of Battletech. The dropship with the cadets took off on October 21st from Nestor, they then got hijacked to another system, crashlanded on a unknon planetoid, called for help and by October 27th they were back at the Nestor jump point. They must have used pirate points all the way. And all jump ships of the rescuers must have been equipped with LF-Batteries. And, by the way, the jump ship transporting the Avenger of the cadets must have been equipped with a mobile HPG. How else would they have been able to call the (strangely allready assembled) task force in, to rescue them. That's a lot of high tech, don't you think? Hardly believable for a minor planetary system like Nestor.
I'm neither astronomer nor rocket scientist, but I think even with all these gadgets it would be impossible.

Register