Author Topic: (Answered) Extended Fuel Tanks  (Read 3878 times)

FedComGirl

• Major
(Answered) Extended Fuel Tanks
« on: 31 August 2012, 00:21:09 »
I was also wondering why only Industrial Mechs can mount Extended Fuel Tanks. Battlemechs and many Combat Vehicles run on fuel also. Shouldn't they be allowed to mount extra fuel? Is there a Battlemech and Combat Vehicle equivalent? Or is the Liquid Storage the alternative?  If yes do I use the .91 modifier to the number of movement points they receive?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2012, 23:49:54 by Welshman »

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Extended Fuel Tanks
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2012, 23:47:57 »
Strategic Operations Pg. 25 -

Liquid Storage Tanks grant 40 points of fuel per critical slot.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

FedComGirl

• Major
Re: (Answered) Extended Fuel Tanks
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2012, 00:55:56 »
Isn't that 40 Points of fuel for when mechs are using their jump jets to fly in space and LAMs in Fighter Mode? Would they also increase the range of a BattleMech using Fuel Cell or Internal Combustion Engines they was Extended fuel tanks do for Industrial Mechs?

Would it also increase the range for Combat vehicles using the same engines? Are their ranges the same as the Industrial Mech? I've looked but its the only unit with Rated engines and a range.

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2012, 10:02:22 »
It applies to space operations only.

There are rules for fuel consumption in campaign settings in Strategic Operations. Fuel consumption on ground units fall outside of normal table top play.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

FedComGirl

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2012, 11:52:29 »
I'm asking about ground operations.

I'm thinking campaign play as well as construction. TechManual gives Industrial Mechs a range of 450 km to 600 km or 15,000 to 20,000 Walking MP. I can extend that range by adding Extended Fuel Tanks for 10% of the engine weight rounded up.

What I'd like to know is, can Lower tech Battlemechs, and combat vehicles using the same engines also extend their range? If so, how do they do it? The Extended Fuel Tanks are only allowed to by mounted in IndustrialMechs. Or can low tech Battlemechs and combat vehicles use them since under Fuel Cell Engines in Tactical Operations it says they follow the same rules as IndustrialMechs? Would that also apply to Internal Combustion Engines?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2012, 11:53:52 »
1) TacOps p. 308 - Non-Fusion Battlemechs may now take IndustrialMech Extended Fuel Tanks.

2) TM p. 244 - Combat Vehicles may now mount IndustrialMech Extended Fuel Tanks (the name of the fuel tanks will change to reduce confusion and clarify their now-broader role).

Assuming no problems arise from this answer, errata reflecting it will be entered shortly.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0