Author Topic: Screenshots of Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries  (Read 8127 times)

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
Screenshots of Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries
« on: 14 July 2019, 16:00:06 »
I figured I'd collect a lot of the sublime screenshots that's been circulating on Reddit and elsewhere. It looks absolutely stunning to be honest:

I hope this forum software is automatically resizing these images though :P
« Last Edit: 15 July 2019, 05:34:41 by PyreLight »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Screenshots of Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2019, 19:00:07 »
The graphics looks mazing. Hope my computer can handle it!!  I wonder what game play is like.
Does it play like MWO.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2019, 00:10:26 »
Hopefully it ships with more options to paint up your mechs than HBSTech.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2019, 11:20:58 »
The graphics looks mazing. Hope my computer can handle it!!  I wonder what game play is like.
Does it play like MWO.

On the hoping my computer can handle it front:  I'm hoping it isn't as poorly optimized as MWO.

I run a i7-7700 at 3.6 Mhz, and the slow clock speed really messes with the frames.

I've seen guys running a 7700k at 4.2 and it made the game run nearly 30% smoother.  Same video card.  That kinda thing drives me nuts.

Is it just me or is the hardware to play games at their nicest graphics settings always just out of reach?  (for the average Joe, I know there are rigs out there that can do it, they just cost $2k for a i9-9900k and a RTX 2080 Ti.  I'm not the type that can spend that kind of money on my hobbies!)

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2019, 11:32:13 »
Marketing would never allow screenshots of non-optimized gaming, would give people a negatively biased view of the product. 

Also, when you show off, its always going to be the best, not the worst or average pictures you can get.  I'm also a little skeptical of the legality of the screenshots, as the game is still in beta, and unless they specifically allowed it in the agreement signed, the pictures being shared might violate the NDA.

Reddit is generally not a good accepted source for legal releases, if the company hasn't already released it's own teaser pictures.

On the hoping my computer can handle it front:  I'm hoping it isn't as poorly optimized as MWO.

I run a i7-7700 at 3.6 Mhz, and the slow clock speed really messes with the frames.

I've seen guys running a 7700k at 4.2 and it made the game run nearly 30% smoother.  Same video card.  That kinda thing drives me nuts.

Is it just me or is the hardware to play games at their nicest graphics settings always just out of reach?  (for the average Joe, I know there are rigs out there that can do it, they just cost $2k for a i9-9900k and a RTX 2080 Ti.  I'm not the type that can spend that kind of money on my hobbies!)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2019, 11:42:02 »
Image resizing sidebar moved to cold storage. Thanks all.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

packhntr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2019, 15:13:01 »
I hope and pray that they don't screw it up like they have MWO.
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2019, 17:01:43 »
my laptop just heated up to a thousand degrees merely loading those screenshots

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2019, 18:16:36 »
Marketing would never allow screenshots of non-optimized gaming, would give people a negatively biased view of the product. 

Also, when you show off, its always going to be the best, not the worst or average pictures you can get.  I'm also a little skeptical of the legality of the screenshots, as the game is still in beta, and unless they specifically allowed it in the agreement signed, the pictures being shared might violate the NDA.

Reddit is generally not a good accepted source for legal releases, if the company hasn't already released it's own teaser pictures.

PGI has said on the Discord that it's okay to redistribute the screenshots. And hey, it is a form of marketing anyway. 

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2019, 20:33:52 »

Watch the core count.  Most games are not agressively multi-threaded, so hex or even quad cores are sufficient, and also available in higher clock speeds for less cost.  The opposite applies to GPUs, provided the game supports SLI or similar technology.  You can get better performance with several lower rated cards rather than one top of the line.

That doesn't apply universally though.  For example my current computer has an i7 8700K 6 core.  It's the right balance between clock speed and cores because I do some CPU-based rendering and a number of linear processing applications.  It has dual GTX-1060, because even though they don't have SLI and together cost more than a 1070, the GPU renderer I use doesn't use SLI and they have performance on the level of a 1080 or better.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2019, 03:30:26 »

It's unreal engine 4, so expect the game to run much smoother than CryEngine.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2019, 06:46:10 »
Can't wait
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 16 July 2019, 13:44:15 »
It's unreal engine 4, so expect the game to run much smoother than CryEngine.

I sure hope so.  Not to be a negative nancy, but as a MWO Founder, I truly believe that if PGI can screw something up, they will.

So fingers crossed you are right!

Best,

Mad

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2019, 16:26:58 »
I sure hope so.  Not to be a negative nancy, but as a MWO Founder, I truly believe that if PGI can screw something up, they will.

Best,

Mad

Me too. I too was a Founder, but I still think I got my money's worth - plus we are basically getting a Mechwarrior 5 thanks to all of this.

Anyway, even if PGI falters, modding capabilities will help us. Nevertheless, I hope it's super successful so that PGI can hire more people to help out and also it would mean we'd get a Clans sequel that they mentioned recently.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: 16 July 2019, 21:23:02 »

Best,

Mad

Like the fact PGI just pruned any mention of pre-orders, the beta and Steam from the MW5 FAQ, told people not to worry and having an AMA booked for 19th because everybody is losing their Blakedamned minds it means Epic exclusive or delays?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 17 July 2019, 08:53:08 »
Epic store exclusive? I sooo hope not. That place is a dumpster fire of epic proportions. The kind of dumpster filled with 20 year old poo.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #16 on: 17 July 2019, 08:55:49 »
Epic store exclusive?

oh cool i was looking for an excuse not to buy. this works

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 17 July 2019, 09:58:04 »
Like the fact PGI just pruned any mention of pre-orders, the beta and Steam from the MW5 FAQ, told people not to worry and having an AMA booked for 19th because everybody is losing their Blakedamned minds it means Epic exclusive or delays?

Epic store exclusive? I sooo hope not. That place is a dumpster fire of epic proportions. The kind of dumpster filled with 20 year old poo.

oh cool i was looking for an excuse not to buy. this works

That was just PGI re-tooling the pre-order page to make it possible for customers who missed out on the pre-ordering the game during the Community Pre-Order extravaganza. But of course, people start coming up with a whole bunch of conspiracy theories and lose their minds.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 17 July 2019, 11:36:59 »
Another Q&A is coming up Friday.  I think we'll hear about Steam/Epic store and the Beta, but who knows.  PGI is unpredictable at best.

In my dream world, HBS takes over PGI and manages both the turn based squad and real time shooter versions of BattleTech.  Ahh, sweet, sweet dreams.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 18 July 2019, 10:31:41 »
SidAlpha did a video yesterday about MW5 and the fears of it possibly being Epic only. Decent video and should reduce the wailing of the masses.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 19 July 2019, 04:32:30 »

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #22 on: 22 July 2019, 21:04:17 »
been missing the discord chats due to work.  But has anyone heard anything about the talked about beta access  that those that per-ordered  get ?? I want to test my system to make sure ti can handle  the game well ( if i get time to play lol) .  I know it consider a high end gamer even in it's advanced age so I love to test it so I can plan any upgrade needs.

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 23 July 2019, 18:18:07 »
been missing the discord chats due to work.  But has anyone heard anything about the talked about beta access  that those that per-ordered  get ?? I want to test my system to make sure ti can handle  the game well ( if i get time to play lol) .  I know it consider a high end gamer even in it's advanced age so I love to test it so I can plan any upgrade needs.

You'll hear more this Thursday and Friday when Russ will have a development status update.

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #24 on: 23 July 2019, 21:10:53 »
lol figures I will be working,  I not sure on how to get the replays to work or i download them and listen to them whiles driving lol

Gigastrike

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 25 July 2019, 12:18:30 »
Mechwarrior 5 confirmed Epic Game Store exclusive for an undisclosed period of time.

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2019/07/9-development-update

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #26 on: 25 July 2019, 19:32:01 »
Epic exclusive for 1 year
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

omega2010

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 25 July 2019, 21:54:54 »
my laptop just heated up to a thousand degrees merely loading those screenshots
You should install more heatsinks
Who is driving?  OH MY GOD!  BEAR IS DRIVING!  How can that be?

Steve - They thought they could take the caps off all the markers and let them dry out. But there was one marker they never reckoned with.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #28 on: 26 July 2019, 13:00:54 »
There goes swag i got from being a early adopter.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #29 on: 26 July 2019, 13:22:39 »
Epic exclusive for 1 year

Good to know. I can probably wait. Much will depend on my confidence in the Epic client's development.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.