Author Topic: Get your Men Shen and Cronus!  (Read 4744 times)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Get your Men Shen and Cronus!
« on: 21 April 2011, 19:57:15 »
I just blew most of my Quasit funding on an order that includes the archived Cronus and Men Shen. If you have a hankering for either unit, now's the perfect time to get an order in while they've got them out.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Get your Men Shen and Cronus!
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2011, 20:43:19 »
Aw man... if I had the money I'd get at least one of each again. I just loved doing the Cronus, great mini. And I still need to kitbash a Men Shen F sometime.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2011, 21:09:34 »
I'm actually a huge Cronus fan, for some reason I only have one :-\

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2011, 21:29:31 »
are they coming out of the archive?
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2011, 21:34:08 »
are they coming out of the archive?

No, I paid the archive fee.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2011, 21:37:25 »
No, I paid the archive fee.

when you said get them while 'they've got them out' it sounded like they were coming out of the archives, which didn't make sense since there're already like 5 out.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2011, 21:38:20 »
I thought I had missed a poll about which mechs were doing the archive special thing. #P

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 21 April 2011, 21:40:32 »
so there is nothing special happening with the men shen or cronus?

Raven Alliance

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 21 April 2011, 21:40:52 »
when you said get them while 'they've got them out' it sounded like they were coming out of the archives, which didn't make sense since there're already like 5 out.

Well, if someone orders them now, they don't have to pay the archive fee. I don't know how long it lasts, though.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2011, 21:41:31 »
Well, if someone orders them now, they don't have to pay the archive fee. I don't know how long it lasts, though.

The IWM site is still charging the archive fee, I just checked.

Raven Alliance

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2011, 22:38:23 »
They charge the archive fee automatically, only thing that happens is that the molds just happen to be nearby and you might get your order a little bit faster. My best guess.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

wasp

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2011, 07:00:22 »
The Men Shen is still archived even after they are doing them for the new lance pack.

Wasp?

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2011, 10:06:44 »
I'm so confused...   If you, as an individual, order an archived miniatutre, then the IWM employee goes to where the archived mini molds are stored ( not in the main area anymore -- that was the whole purpose in archiving --  to make room for active sellers ), pulls the mold and casts up your requested item(s).  This process of interrupting the production of actively selling items and meeting the deadlines for the life-giving contract orders of other companies to dig out an archived mold of a miniature that sells less than 12 units per year is why there is an $8.00 fee for the very first miniature cast.  Therefore, a single purchase of a $10.00 mech "X" would cost $18.00.  However,  if you, or a consortium of people placing an order request for 10 of mech "X", then you would pay $108.00 total -- 9 x $10.00 for mech "X" 2-10 plus the $18.00 for mech "X" ( thereby effectively making the archive fee = 80 cents ). Separate orders that happen to come in requesting the same archived mech at the same time as your order would be charged the fee per each separate order ( unless Mike would happen to be nearby and drop the charge for the heck of it -- he's like that ).  The likelihood of such multiple orders coming in at the same time is miniscule given that these archived items achieved that status by only being ordered a dozen or fewer times per year.   The MenShen would be an exception that probably just needs to be brought to Mike's attention.  Feel free to do so.

Rob

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 22 April 2011, 10:23:19 »
I wasn't aware of how the exact mechanism worked, I was just trying to let folks know that those 'Mechs were going to be plucked out of the archive for my order, so perhaps they could get ahold of IWM and ride the coat-tails of my spending. I'm sure the folks at IWM are capable of adapting to their situation, but I doubt that the website is capable of such feats of judgement.

Degman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 22 April 2011, 15:54:48 »
Or you can simply order them from Ral Partha, like I did  :)

Just have to finish basing of the Men Shen, while Cronus is on it's way (together with Raven)

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2011, 23:14:22 »
And I still need to kitbash a Men Shen F sometime.

We all need to kitbash an F, it's made of complete win, any ideas on what to use for guns?
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2011, 07:05:13 »
We all need to kitbash an F, it's made of complete win, any ideas on what to use for guns?
I sawed off the lasers from a Dark Age Arbalest mini for the Snubbies and glued a knobbly-thing to represent the TAG right where the missile tubes for the default LRM were.