Author Topic: A Dark Age TW-to-AS conversion example?  (Read 20209 times)

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Re: A Dark Age BT-to-AS/QS conversion example?
« Reply #60 on: 28 May 2013, 13:49:34 »
Some of the special abilities are like that too.  MASC for example just increases your move without the need to role for jamming.   

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 03 June 2013, 19:37:14 »
Based on the TRO:3145 FS preview PDF, I've had a go at the Gunsmith.

Standard apologies-if-I've messed-up disclaimers apply.

-----

CH11-NG Gunsmith

Type: BM 
Size:
Move: 13/26"
Armour: 2
Structure: 1
S (+0): 3
M (+2): 3
L (+4): 0
OV: 0
PV: 15
Special: ENE, SRCH, SOA, SEAL, ES

-----

To clarify, does Armor Factor (Reflective) equate to SSW's Laser-Reflective Armor option?

And is that move rate accurate? I definitely entered a walking move rate of 10... that MASC conversion rule looks like it comes in pretty handy in this scale...
« Last Edit: 03 June 2013, 19:42:31 by Nerroth »

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #62 on: 03 June 2013, 19:40:48 »
Superchargers/MASC multiply movement by 1.25

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 03 June 2013, 19:44:16 »
Yeah, I just caught that.

To clarify, for the hexless movement, do you multiply the hex movement and double that, or double the base movement and then add the multiplier?

If the former, you can go from 10 hexes to 13 hexes, and double that to get 26 inches; but with the other way, you go from 10 hexes to 20 inches, and multiply that by 1.25 to get 25 inches instead.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #64 on: 03 June 2013, 19:54:33 »
multiply the base movement by the modifier, then double for hexless.  So an 8/12 with MASC becomes a 10, which turns into 20"

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 03 June 2013, 20:06:27 »
Got it, thanks.

It's interesting to see how the stats line up for this one. While it doesn't have much to defend itself with, actually hitting it is tricky given the base +4 to hit (which would no doubt be bolstered by the kind of terrain a player would try to hide this fast-moving 'Mech behind). ENE seems a bit superfluous in this example, however, since it only has one Structure point in any event.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #66 on: 06 June 2013, 21:22:16 »
I've been introducing the QS stats of the IS units from 3085 using the MUL, for the Quick StrikePrinter. I would like you please to check for any errors.
 I also introduced some of the 3145 builded under standard rules (cause I doesn't know how to introduce new equipment in SSW or SAW)

Beside, I just checked that Aero units didn't show correct PV or Threshold in their stats in the MUL.

Again, this file is updated to include IS units from 3085 (except for the onn section and aero)

edit: crap, I zipped it because it is 336 kb :S
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 07 June 2013, 09:47:14 »
For my part, I don't have the relevant TROs to hand; the samples I've tried to make a go of here in this thread are all from the freely-available preview PDFs for the currently-published TRO:3145 files.

Perhaps it might be better to start a new 3085 discussion thread, where the units from that volume in particular could get a better airing?

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #68 on: 07 June 2013, 09:57:00 »
Sorry, this is not a only 3085 list. Is the Standard file of QSP only with a few units added. My aim is to get a tool to print units from any tro. But ssw people aint going to update it. So im doing it myself.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 12 September 2013, 22:30:11 »
So, now that FM:3145 and the various TRO:3145 files are (more or less) available one way or another, are there any more ideas as to handle the new Dark Age units and technologies in BattleForce/Alpha Strike scale?

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
Re: A Dark Age TW-to-AS conversion example?
« Reply #70 on: 12 September 2013, 22:32:11 »
Rules are not yet ready for publication, but as can be seen here:

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/6358/atlas-iii-as7-d3

They have been worked on.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 12 September 2013, 23:59:47 »
Is it possible that some of the more exotic 3145 units (such as the QuadVees and the yet-to-be-added-to-the-MUL Colossi) might have their Unit Cards modified, in case the rules turn out to need certain considerations or processes that are not available for inclusion at this point?

Or do you mean that at least some sort of provisional BF/AS rules for those units already exist informally, but have yet to be given an avenue for publication?

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #72 on: 13 September 2013, 00:25:08 »
Okay, I'm not sure what you're asking about with that first part.  As for the second part, the special abilities that are not in the AS book were not picked out of a hat, but I cannot comment on stuff that hasn't been published yet.

Register