Author Topic: All in one  (Read 4230 times)

emilio68it

All in one
« on: 16 March 2011, 02:38:48 »
Well, i'm a voracious Quick strike player, i am seasoned to jump from one book to the other (Strategic Operations - Quick Strike - Battleforce QSR), but do you not feel the lack of a book including all the rules for the different modes of play? (exe or not).
I'm looking forward!
It should not be a complex task i think.

Atropos

• Recruit
Re: All in one
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2011, 07:29:07 »
I think it's a great idea. It could be PDF only, for example.

Well, i'm a voracious Quick strike player, i am seasoned to jump from one book to the other (Strategic Operations - Quick Strike - Battleforce QSR), but do you not feel the lack of a book including all the rules for the different modes of play? (exe or not).
I'm looking forward!
It should not be a complex task i think.

Demonthunder

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 30 April 2011, 14:25:22 »
The easy answer? Buy the .pdf versions, then manually put them together. If you have something better than Acrobat Reader, the functionality to combine files should be there, and it's an incredibly easy process.

OpacusVenatori

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor above all, Except of Vengance
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2011, 11:27:41 »
Im working on a word document putting together Quick-Strike rules, Battleforce abilities list,  and the abstract aerospace combat system. once the redaction is complete, I want to add a few house rules, like some modifications about how physical comba work, wich I think is too weak.
While some fight with honor, Others win battles

emilio68it

« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2011, 04:01:49 »
Great!

Mattman

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2011, 16:07:34 »
I would definitely be interested in a single book with everything needed to play quickstrike. Strat Ops is a bit intimidating and awkward to use for new players. If I want to get some of my friends into the battletech world then a single easy to use source is a must. If catalyst want to grow the BT player base then QS is a good way to do it, it just needs to be made easily accessible.

Matt

sfsct

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2011, 04:19:30 »
It seems like the logical progression to combine into an all encompassing game, but if its too complex who is going to have time to play it?

Mattman

« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2011, 15:49:17 »
It seems like the logical progression to combine into an all encompassing game, but if its too complex who is going to have time to play it?
Exactly why Quick Strike could be a good direction and bring more people into the BT world. Something simple to pick up and play that involves minimal rulebooks and paperwork. If not QS, then something that uses a simple set of rules like those from MW AoD but with cards for the units instead of the unit information being on the bases (like warmachine).

Register