Author Topic: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)  (Read 132171 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)
« Reply #690 on: 01 May 2023, 15:52:24 »
Galaxy Next Door and Matagi Gunner.  Interesting contrasts.  Also started "I may be a guild receptionist, but I'll solo any boss to clock out on time"

« Last Edit: 02 May 2023, 10:59:59 by Luciora »

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #691 on: 07 May 2023, 19:15:48 »
ok had been few years and it is nit manga but...humor is on same level as most of manga

groo the wanderer complete set

have to say this this series by sergio argones and mark evner with george sekai pulled me through some very dark times
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #692 on: 27 June 2023, 22:27:14 »
finally got around to reading GANTZ
and finished re reading 3x3 eyes...had not read that one since 2012
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #693 on: 29 June 2023, 13:06:21 »
Galaxy Next Door and Matagi Gunner.  Interesting contrasts.  Also started "I may be a guild receptionist, but I'll solo any boss to clock out on time"
Checked out both, i think Receptionist is my speed. Its hilarious
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #694 on: 29 June 2023, 14:39:38 »
Just started reading A B-Rank Adventurer With an Evil Face, its not too bad. Isekai thing but its with a twist and comedy side to it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #695 on: 07 September 2023, 20:24:56 »
Youjo Senki
caught up with it no new chapters since may no idea if it stopped but rumor mill has it that season 2 of anime is in the works

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #696 on: 09 September 2023, 21:04:21 »
Just finished Fake Saint of the year.  Starting Executed Sage becomes a Lich and starts a war of aggression and Refuse Harem. 

I liked how Fake Saint was done, and kind of made me want to look into galgames.  However pretty sure there aren't any specifically like it out there I'd play.  There were some rather cringey parts, outdated attitudes and the like that I pushed aside. 
« Last Edit: 10 September 2023, 02:50:42 by Luciora »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #697 on: 09 September 2023, 23:36:10 »
Catching up on I May Be a Guild Receptionist, but I’ll Solo Any Boss to Clock Out on Time manga.  Its fantasy thing no iseka to be found,  girl is a ball of frustration with ability to put rest any threat of excessive paper work since she hides her identity. 

I do fear that with pending anime adaption, it will ruin the story since those shows seem to not be quality products only to advertise the LN / Manga publications.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #698 on: 05 November 2023, 11:02:56 »
got my hands on spice and wolf light novels...
re read gunnm first series
still love the artwork

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #699 on: 17 December 2023, 14:30:36 »
dont know why but every few years i come back to this little slice of life from the 80s
the living game
it takes time during 80s tokyo and everything is so expensive living space is at a premuim and it takes time right before the economic bubble burst

Sleet01

• Recruit
« Reply #700 on: 17 December 2023, 20:58:47 »
Holy cow, somebody else read The Living Game?  Nice!
- I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life... it was good!

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #701 on: 17 December 2023, 23:01:42 »
had xenon while back unfortuntelly lost that one in a move

TonyMartin

• Recruit
« Reply #702 on: 19 December 2023, 10:54:11 »
Now i am reading jujutsu kaisen.
Very good manga !
Also i love to play and watch valorant matches
https://bo3.gg/valorant/matches/current here .
Have a good day everyone.
« Last Edit: 20 December 2023, 07:34:41 by TonyMartin »

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #703 on: 28 December 2023, 19:13:46 »
re read and re watched
grey the digital target
and
gunhed
appleseed by munusume shirow i wish he had continued the series it was thought provoking just as much as GITS

Emperor Ediger

• Recruit
« Reply #704 on: 01 January 2024, 14:13:31 »
Not a manga, but working my way through the Monogatari Series light novels right now. Turns out Nisemonogatari is just as much of a slog as a LN as it was in the anime.
Personal Units: Pleiadan Dragons (Mercenary), The Blessed Blade (Word of Blake), Jormungandr Galaxy (Rasalhague Dominion)

Favorite Factions: Clan Star Adder, Rasalhague Dominion, Federated Suns, Marian Hegemony, Rim Worlds Republic

"Gamers don't look up" - the Highlander about to land on my head

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #705 on: 03 February 2024, 23:41:51 »
One of the epilogue chapters of Dungeon Meshi was a really nice touch that wrapped up the manga, and showcased Laios, Falin and Marcielle post dungeon life.  Even gives an update to Kensuke.  Very touching.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #706 on: 05 February 2024, 22:58:29 »
Chapter 144 of "Don't Bully Me Ms. Nagatoro!" and they finally declare their love.

That"s pretty good for a romance manga.   :grin:
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #707 on: 31 March 2024, 20:47:29 »
well not manga but still a fun read
groo the wonderer
this one got me through some very dark times....so i re read some issues

Register