Author Topic: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)  (Read 132704 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Re: manga time so what are you reading now? (Links may be NSFW)
« Reply #660 on: 05 September 2021, 06:03:14 »
Holo and Kraft easily have one of the best relationships around.  I love that they get to a point of back and forth and both of them know what they're really saying.

Have you started on Wolf & Parchment yet?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #661 on: 05 September 2021, 07:38:35 »
Holo and Kraft easily have one of the best relationships around.  I love that they get to a point of back and forth and both of them know what they're really saying.

Have you started on Wolf & Parchment yet?

Finished the first volume of W&P last night.

Good start to the series.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #662 on: 05 September 2021, 11:15:47 »
Is it me or is there less Manga coming these days or one that don't sustain for while?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #663 on: 05 September 2021, 11:47:44 »
Is it me or is there less Manga coming these days or one that don't sustain for while?
As far as I can tell Manga is booming, but that might be less visible with online sales and the general paper shortage.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #664 on: 12 September 2021, 13:14:42 »
not exactly manga but it took so many elements from looney toons and anime and mange that it should be a hybrid....the mask by the dark horse
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #665 on: 14 September 2021, 05:51:44 »
As far as I can tell Manga is booming, but that might be less visible with online sales and the general paper shortage.
Oof, not good. That could lead to no more paper mangas. Then nasty paywalls will be norm.
I used follow a really good manga/webcomic from S. Korea. It publishers decided to put a charge for access and essentially kill it with way we're charging access per issue if I remember right.

That sort thing could happen with Japanese Mangas as well.
Call me old fashion, I do prefer off line reading and own my book verses Crunchyroll website and worry licence expiring or being force to edit content due to the market place. I hate that with a passion.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #666 on: 14 September 2021, 11:07:13 »
Oof, not good. That could lead to no more paper mangas. Then nasty paywalls will be norm.
I used follow a really good manga/webcomic from S. Korea. It publishers decided to put a charge for access and essentially kill it with way we're charging access per issue if I remember right.

That sort thing could happen with Japanese Mangas as well.
Call me old fashion, I do prefer off line reading and own my book verses Crunchyroll website and worry licence expiring or being force to edit content due to the market place. I hate that with a passion.
You do not have to worry about that, Manga is one of the more profitable uses for paper.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #667 on: 14 September 2021, 11:12:15 »
Read the ending to Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal.  Ending felt kinda abrupt, but did resolve most of her issues.  Still didn't quite feel satisfying though.   I want to collect the recipes however.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #668 on: 18 January 2022, 22:47:28 »
after a year new chapter of tanya the evil is out

finally got to re read two f oldies but goodies
the living game and love lucky
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #669 on: 13 March 2022, 16:16:52 »
Looks like The Duke of Death and his Black Maid finally wrapped up.  The ending felt very much like Aa, Megami-sama.  Pretty nice wrap up.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #670 on: 13 March 2022, 16:51:53 »
Are there any new emerging mangas coming out?  I don't often look, I do read more manga than Anime these days.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #671 on: 13 March 2022, 20:29:06 »
Are there any new emerging mangas coming out?  I don't often look, I do read more manga than Anime these days.
sure there are saga of tanya the evil resumed recently
but i went back to re read the living game and frankenfran and remote

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #672 on: 11 April 2022, 14:32:43 »
Ishuzoku Reviewers yes anime is but more raunchy
online and series just went on a break so i can finally catch up
re read caravan kid drakuun and outlanders

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #673 on: 11 April 2022, 14:35:36 »
ohh bit late seems like new berzerk arch story is coming or had come out
been awhile since o checked on that one

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #674 on: 24 April 2022, 08:52:47 »
Yankee loved by the spirits was a very cute read.  Isekai about a delinquent that get gets hit by a truck, yaddayadda.  Cute art, fun theme and I enjoyed it.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #675 on: 24 April 2022, 13:22:43 »
Yankee loved by the spirits was a very cute read.  Isekai about a delinquent that get gets hit by a truck, yaddayadda.  Cute art, fun theme and I enjoyed it.
I've followed that one, it ended recently.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #676 on: 26 May 2022, 14:40:54 »
Looks like volume 12 of the Black Lagoon manga will be released in a couple months or so here in the States.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #677 on: 26 May 2022, 18:30:45 »
Finally! It's been what, 3 years? 4?

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #678 on: 26 May 2022, 20:27:34 »
Finally! It's been what, 3 years? 4?

2.5, roughly.

Then again, there were about 5 years each between volumes 9 and 10 and then 10 and 11.

Ruger

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #679 on: 01 June 2022, 16:26:02 »
Was there delay getting it exported or the author had to take a break?
UQ Holder finally ended, what tragic publishing history that book had.

Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio
was one last ones i was steadily seeking out and buying.  I think ThAT still in production still, but slow.

Chapter 131 (roughly current one), Germans are introduced fighting the gone rogue Musashi.   Its more realistic than KC.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #680 on: 01 June 2022, 19:29:41 »
Was there delay getting it exported or the author had to take a break?
UQ Holder finally ended, what tragic publishing history that book had.

Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio
was one last ones i was steadily seeking out and buying.  I think ThAT still in production still, but slow.

Chapter 131 (roughly current one), Germans are introduced fighting the gone rogue Musashi.   Its more realistic than KC.
isnt Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio up to volume 21 or 20 currently? lost track after 3rd volume while back

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #681 on: 01 June 2022, 19:32:41 »
Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio chapter 132 came out in february since then nothing

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #682 on: 02 June 2022, 14:40:35 »
isnt Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio up to volume 21 or 20 currently? lost track after 3rd volume while back
They are up Volume 22, Volume 20 was released in English May 2022. The American/English publisher has next volume in 2023.

Last actual published Volume, no.22 was released in December 27th, 2021.  However, the chapters are still rolling out.  I think it's giving space for the Japanese Magazine Shōnen Gahōsha's Young King OURs to get first dibs on stories before they get sent to other medias like Volumes and being translated.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #683 on: 07 July 2022, 11:17:47 »
Seems Kazuki Takahashi, creator of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga, has died while snorkeling. His body was found floating in the waters off Nago in the Okinawa prefecture.

Ruger

Whiteagle

• Private
« Reply #684 on: 07 July 2022, 19:08:35 »
Seems Kazuki Takahashi, creator of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga, has died while snorkeling. His body was found floating in the waters off Nago in the Okinawa prefecture.
Respect, Yu-Gi-Oh was close second to Pokemon in introducing my generation to Tabletop.

elf25s

• Major

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #686 on: 23 March 2023, 20:08:02 »
ok vampire dies in no time

and there is a new chapter of saga of tanya the evil few days back

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #687 on: 14 April 2023, 10:56:26 »
went back and re read the first battle angel alita series...and appleseed

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #688 on: 15 April 2023, 08:04:37 »
I've been reading what I can find online.  Stuff I like usually is scifi but seems isekai (another world) genre is more available(?) or new.  High School rom/com genres aren't really my thing.  Its seems to be same old pattern, with new quirky characters.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #689 on: 01 May 2023, 14:42:21 »
went back n time

caravan kidd and outlanders

Register