Author Topic: The unofficial thread: MegaMek 0.41.7, MegaMekLab 0.1.43, MekHq 0.3.17  (Read 11789 times)

pheonixstorm

• Major
No blog posts from the devs yet to link to.
MegaMek
MegaMekLab
MekHq

Thanks to all the devs for the bug fixes!

2ndAcr

• Captain
 Okay copying my post from other thread. I have tried everything I can think of, no joy.

Okay, stupid is back................new version, new campaign, trying to buy my equipment, set in 3055, only option checked is cannon equipment and I can only buy mechs from 3055, anything listed as 3053 and before is rated at impossible and if I buy it anyway it say "not invented yet"....................anyone else seeing this? All equipment in current year is avail for buying as usual, tried advancing the year and now 3055 gear is listed as impossible but I can buy anything from 3056.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
Okay, stupid is back................new version, new campaign, trying to buy my equipment, set in 3055, only option checked is cannon equipment and I can only buy mechs from 3055, anything listed as 3053 and before is rated at impossible and if I buy it anyway it say "not invented yet"....................anyone else seeing this? All equipment in current year is avail for buying as usual, tried advancing the year and now 3055 gear is listed as impossible but I can buy anything from 3056.

Mixed up a <= for a >=. Classic. Its now fixed for the next release. In the meantime the workaround is to turn off limit by year in the Tech limits tab.
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

PurpleDragon

• Captain
What about disallow extinct?  does that need to be turned off as well? 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Downloading.

Now excuse me while I do my happy dance...
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Scratch the happy dance thing. I´m encountering loads of issues with 0.3.17.

- the warehouse shows tons of empty ammo bins waiting to be loaded, but performing the loading task does not actually do anything - they just sit there; saving and reloading doesn´t help, either
- I can´t change the tileset in MegaMek; all the other changes to client settings seem to be fine, but tileset stays set to "atmospheric" no matter what I do
- backspace as a way of deleting the last step of the unit currently moving no longer works; didn´t stick around long enough to check any other keyboard shortcuts
« Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 05:04:56 by Sir Chaos »
-Frederick the Great

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
- I can´t change the tileset in MegaMek; all the other changes to client settings seem to be fine, but tileset stays set to "atmospheric" no matter what I do

Is there an exception in the logfile?

edit:  It looks like the mmconf directory for the MHQ download is empty.  It looks like this is causing some problems.  I'll work on fixing it so this won't be as much of an issue in the future, but for now if you download the MM package, you can copy the files in mmconf and things should be fine. (In particular you should get defaultKeyBinds.xml and defaultSkin.xml).
« Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 07:39:41 by arlith »
Member of the MegaMek Team.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Is there an exception in the logfile?

edit:  It looks like the mmconf directory for the MHQ download is empty.  It looks like this is causing some problems.  I'll work on fixing it so this won't be as much of an issue in the future, but for now if you download the MM package, you can copy the files in mmconf and things should be fine. (In particular you should get defaultKeyBinds.xml and defaultSkin.xml).

Copying them from the previous MHQ version is not advised?

Edited to add: This what the logfile had to say:

Missing i18n entry: KeyBinds.cmdNames.cancel
Missing i18n entry: KeyBinds.cmdDesc.cancel
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at megamek.client.ui.swing.widget.SkinXMLHandler.initSkinXMLHandler(SkinXMLHandler.java:123)
   at megamek.client.ui.swing.CommonSettingsDialog.update(CommonSettingsDialog.java:808)
   at megamek.client.ui.swing.CommonSettingsDialog.actionPerformed(CommonSettingsDialog.java:974)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

The error message repeats several times... probably once per attempt I made to change the skin.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 07:57:55 by Sir Chaos »
-Frederick the Great

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
- the warehouse shows tons of empty ammo bins waiting to be loaded, but performing the loading task does not actually do anything - they just sit there; saving and reloading doesn´t help, either

The above is how ammo bins already in the warehouse during the transfer to 0.3.17 are treated. If an ammo bin is added to the warehouse (by salvaging it from a unit) in 0.3.17, it can be filled, but will be back to empty upon saving and reloading.

Correction: it appears that only single bins - i.e. stacks of 1 ammo bin - can be loaded, but stacks of 2 or more cannot.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2015, 08:20:53 by Sir Chaos »
-Frederick the Great

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
The above is how ammo bins already in the warehouse during the transfer to 0.3.17 are treated. If an ammo bin is added to the warehouse (by salvaging it from a unit) in 0.3.17, it can be filled, but will be back to empty upon saving and reloading.

Correction: it appears that only single bins - i.e. stacks of 1 ammo bin - can be loaded, but stacks of 2 or more cannot.

Actually, the error is that they can be loaded at all. I intended to disable all loaded ammo bins in the warehouse with this release. The reasons are varied, but the primary issue is that not all units carry ammo in 1-ton bins (e.g. BAs, Protos, large craft), so loading in the warehouse is a problem because if you then replace that bin on a unit of that type you won't have the right amount of loaded ammo. It was also intended to keep ammo from getting trapped in bins and to allow for more stacking of parts in the warehouse. I realize its a minor inconvenience, but I think it makes sense from a certain point of view: you really wouldn't want to try to replace an ammo bin in a mech when it was fully loaded would you?

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

cmoreland

• Corporal
  • I've got a gut feeling in my stomach...
Download link seems to be broken, will try again later. How long out is the stable release? Ball-park? :D

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Actually, the error is that they can be loaded at all.

Would you believe I was going to suggest removing the "load ammo bins in the warehouse" thing, or at least make it optional, as soon as I got a reply on this?

I intended to disable all loaded ammo bins in the warehouse with this release. The reasons are varied, but the primary issue is that not all units carry ammo in 1-ton bins (e.g. BAs, Protos, large craft), so loading in the warehouse is a problem because if you then replace that bin on a unit of that type you won't have the right amount of loaded ammo. It was also intended to keep ammo from getting trapped in bins and to allow for more stacking of parts in the warehouse. I realize its a minor inconvenience, but I think it makes sense from a certain point of view: you really wouldn't want to try to replace an ammo bin in a mech when it was fully loaded would you?

True.

By "inconvenience" I assume you mean having to replace the bin, then reload it in two separate repair tasks? The only thing about this that is inconvenient is that, if you don´t have enough ammo to reload the bins, the repair bay UI won´t tell you until you have replaced the bin. If you had to order replacement bins and wait several weeks for them to arrive, it´s a bit inconvenient to only find out then that you´ll need to order replacement ammo, which won´t arrive until another few weeks later...

Another minor inconvenience is when you have enough replacement armor to complete any one armor replacement task, but not enough for all of them, the "not enough armor" warning doesn´t come up. Not sure how to get around that, though. Maybe at some point, the repair task info could be changed from simply "replacement part available" to saying exactly how many replacement parts are available?
-Frederick the Great

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Copying them from the previous MHQ version is not advised?

Copying jar files from previous releases should never be done.  Copying config files and saved games is generally ok.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Copying jar files from previous releases should never be done.  Copying config files and saved games is generally ok.

Sorry for not being clearer... I meant simply copying the entire mmconfig folder from an earlier version.
-Frederick the Great

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Sorry for not being clearer... I meant simply copying the entire mmconfig folder from an earlier version.

Yea, that's fine.

cmoreland

• Corporal
I moved from MekHQ 3.6 to 3.17 and tried to load my campaign and got 'The Campaign file could not be loaded. Please check the log file for details.'

Is there anything I should be looking for in the log file? I won't post it here unless you need me to, being a large text dump and all.

Thanks!

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Okay, works fine now. That is, other than the ammo bin tasks in the warehouse, and the bit about units "not invented yet" as posted above.

But battle armor is working fine now; haven´t tried refitting it yet, but salvage and repair and replacement works, as does playing against the bot with infantry/BA on the field, so I´m happy.

Doing the happy dance after all... and by "happy dance" I mean tearing PrincessBot´s combined arms forces to shreds...
-Frederick the Great

scJazz

• Captain
Okay, works fine now. That is, other than the ammo bin tasks in the warehouse, and the bit about units "not invented yet" as posted above.

But battle armor is working fine now; haven´t tried refitting it yet, but salvage and repair and replacement works, as does playing against the bot with infantry/BA on the field, so I´m happy.

Doing the happy dance after all... and by "happy dance" I mean tearing PrincessBot´s combined arms forces to shreds...

It really is great news that BA are behaving better!

pheonixstorm

• Major
Is there anything I should be looking for in the log file? I won't post it here unless you need me to, being a large text dump and all.

From that version to the new there probably have been several unit name changes that need to be fixed or you may have forgotten to transfer something over.. the possibilities are rather large so best thing to do is to post the log file. The error will either be a bug or something you will need to fix in your campaign to get it to work. Won't know w/o that log though. As long as it is small enough for the forums go ahead and attach it to your next post.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
I moved from MekHQ 3.6 to 3.17 and tried to load my campaign and got 'The Campaign file could not be loaded. Please check the log file for details.'

Thanks!

Lets start with the log file. If that doesn't work the it will probably require a real bug post with the campaign file as well.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer

Refits aren't ready yet. But protos and dropships should also be working correctly now.

cmoreland

• Corporal
Not at that computer currently but will post the log tomorrow. Don't spend any time on it, worst case scenario I will just roll with the old version until the campaign ends and then switch :)

Thanks for all you do!

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
The bug resolving scenarios with enemy BA just struck again. It worked fine once, then decided not to work the next time.
-Frederick the Great

PurpleDragon

• Captain
I am seeing the bug where the immobilized unit is fixed and then next battle is immobilized again.  Am I the only one? 

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
The bug resolving scenarios with enemy BA just struck again. It worked fine once, then decided not to work the next time.

Could you post your salvage mul file? That is actually where the bug hit. Its related to the generation of personnel for enemy units. It may or may not be BA related.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
I am seeing the bug where the immobilized unit is fixed and then next battle is immobilized again.  Am I the only one?

Do you mean a vehicle immobilized by motive hits or something else?

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
Another minor inconvenience is when you have enough replacement armor to complete any one armor replacement task, but not enough for all of them, the "not enough armor" warning doesn´t come up. Not sure how to get around that, though. Maybe at some point, the repair task info could be changed from simply "replacement part available" to saying exactly how many replacement parts are available?
I agree with Sir Chaos that it would be nice to have some indication on the repair screen to show how many points of armor are left in inventory, but not a game-breaker.  I've seen a couple of cases where I started armor repairs on 3 different locations, but only one or two completed, with the other suspended for lack of parts.

That's similar to the situation where you've taken a TAC hit in one arm, and a couple of normal crits in the other arm, including the upper arm actuator.  You order the replacement actuators and other parts shown in the Acquisition tab on the unit's repair list, and when they arrive, you start doing the repairs.  That's when you notice that you needed TWO Upper Arm Actuators, not one.  Not a critical bug by any means, but I've been burned by that at least a couple of times.

Not sure how you'd handle it with the potential to have the same part destroyed on several different units, as well as more than one on each unit.  Also, I thought it was odd to have the Acquisition list order exactly the number of rounds of ammo needed to refill the bin, rather than the full ton.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2015, 10:21:14 by Kovax »

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
Could you post your salvage mul file? That is actually where the bug hit. Its related to the generation of personnel for enemy units. It may or may not be BA related.

I don´t have the salvage.mul any more, sorry.

I´ve played three battles in 0.3.17 so far, one with Mechs and ASF, two with Mechs, ASF and BA; it happened in one of the battles with BA, so I assume it is BA related.

In the one battle including BA that worked, MHQ put 11 BA troopers into my personnel roster after the battle - one for each enemy BA suit I killed. No enemy BA troopers showed up in the enemy personnel list during scenario resolution, though.
I managed to resolve the other battle including BA manually after removing the BA squads from the salvage.mul, yet I still got 8 BA troopers (again, once for each suit killed) in my roster.
-Frederick the Great

PurpleDragon

• Captain
Do you mean a vehicle immobilized by motive hits or something else?

Yes, motive hits.  Even the GM edit will not make it go away.  I have to GM remove and add a new unit to make the immobilization go away, even though in the repair bay, it acts like the tech fixes it. 

cmoreland

• Corporal
Lets start with the log file. If that doesn't work the it will probably require a real bug post with the campaign file as well.

Attached if curious, thank you!