Author Topic: A Reckoning  (Read 56111 times)

Motsognir

• Sergeant
  • And so there I was...
Re: A Reckoning
« Reply #270 on: 13 February 2022, 16:34:40 »
Great to see you back at this alkemita. There is nothing wrong with a shorter format, especially if it helps you.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #271 on: 13 February 2022, 16:48:59 »
Nice.  I liked both parts of that.  And yes, interesting times for other people are fun  >:D
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #272 on: 13 February 2022, 17:13:19 »
i wounder if Clan Wolf can smuggle some support to the WD.  a carrack with a Hughes would be a nice forward base for Samson.  maybe cover it as a "forwards support base" for the clan invasion.  it is also small enough to not be notice by most of the other clans now that they are dealing with internal issues. 

alkemita

• Sergeant
  • You have the emPHAsis on the wrong syLLAble
« Reply #273 on: 13 February 2022, 22:08:48 »
i wounder if Clan Wolf can smuggle some support to the WD.  a carrack with a Hughes would be a nice forward base for Samson.  maybe cover it as a "forwards support base" for the clan invasion.  it is also small enough to not be notice by most of the other clans now that they are dealing with internal issues.

That would likely be way too little for SAMSON. The whole point of sending the DB back to the Clan Homeworlds was to inject a dose of cold, hard reality to counteract Crusader fantasies about what an invasion of the Inner Sphere would be like, and require. Even reducing the mission objective to "Kill ComStar" will still require the lion's share of the combined Toumans of the Clans - not to mention, as happened in canon, most of their merchant fleet to act as the logistics train.

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #274 on: 15 February 2022, 19:42:59 »
I'm curious what Focht's game is with assiging Blessing to command a conventional division, given her previous skill set was commanding black ops...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #275 on: 15 February 2022, 19:51:57 »
That can have all kinds of interesting results...  8)

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #276 on: 15 February 2022, 22:09:42 »
I was thinking more of Blessing being thrown in the deep end of the pool, unless Blake's Wrath was also a division-sized unit.

alkemita

• Sergeant
  • You have the emPHAsis on the wrong syLLAble
« Reply #277 on: 16 February 2022, 17:39:15 »
I was thinking more of Blessing being thrown in the deep end of the pool, unless Blake's Wrath was also a division-sized unit.

I'm curious what Focht's game is with assiging Blessing to command a conventional division, given her previous skill set was commanding black ops...

In this story, Blake's Wrath is a Division(-) sized unit, although it never operates that way.

Focht's "Game" has to do with developments earlier in the story, where we saw that Laurent was a friend and ally of Charles Seneca, who has been deposed as head of ROM.

Political maneuvers are in play.

And as the former commander of Blake's Wrath, Laurent has certain experiences that the vast majority of the ComGuards do not, at this point in time...