Author Topic: Clan Fire Mandrills final entry in the WoR?  (Read 5170 times)

kurtl000

• Warrant Officer
Clan Fire Mandrills final entry in the WoR?
« on: 16 February 2012, 23:38:48 »
Im trying to find theyre final mention in the sourcebook.  Anyone know what it is? I know theyre extinct but I keep getting the impression that they were ground to dust and with all the crap going on in the homeworlds, nobody noticed? #P Oh and one more thing was the WoR supplemental released yet?

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: Clan Fire Mandrills final entry in the WoR?
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2012, 00:15:15 »
AFAICT, page 138.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Corsair117

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2012, 02:58:40 »
The very last mention of them is on pg.145 where the grand council simply acknowledges their destruction along with the Ice hellions and it's a single sentence. Other wise kojak's right in pg. 138 being the last mention of them in combat.
as far as I know the WoR supplemental isn't out yet but I have failed to notice other new releases so I could very well be wrong.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2012, 02:59:16 »
The Grand Council declared the Fire Mandrill Clan as being destroyed in February 3075 (woR, page 146).

A certain number of them was absorbed by the Blood Spirits,but those were killed when the Adders finally settled the issue with the Spirits in late 3084.

Some bondspeople may have survived in other Clans (after quickchecking WoR & FM 3085 I found none Mandrill-related bloodnamed).

What will happen to their bloodnames is going to be seen. IMHO if genetic samples survived and are not irrecoverable tainted the Homeclans could use them giving their breeding programs more diversity.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

St.George

• Lieutenant
  • there's nowhere to run
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2012, 04:33:57 »
Some of the Kindraa was absorbed into other HW clans,,,,Cyotes pop into my head 1st,,,but I dont hav WoR infrount of me atm.
"Smoke em' if ya got em' boys,,,We're goin' in"

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #5 on: 17 February 2012, 14:47:21 »
I don't recall the Society ever going after them, so perhaps their bloodlines remained untainted. Plus they never had contact with the IS, so, Voila! New bloodlines.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 05 June 2018, 19:54:35 »
I don't recall the Society ever going after them, so perhaps their bloodlines remained untainted. Plus they never had contact with the IS, so, Voila! New bloodlines.

The mandrills heritages would be seen as high value then?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 05 June 2018, 23:21:46 »
The mandrills heritages would be seen as high value then?

Should probably have created a new thread rather than resurrect this old one, but to answer your question - not really.  Their exact value would also vary depending upon Kindraa, but resurrecting the Mandrill heritages was done to replace the innumerable bloodlines that were tainted by the Society and subsequently destroyed thereby increasing their eugenic program's genetic diversity that had been reduced to critical levels.  It was for the same reason that both the Home Clans and IS Clans traded various bloodline with their fellow Clans.
« Last Edit: 05 June 2018, 23:23:24 by Archangel »
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2018, 13:24:03 »
Given WoR Supplemental (page 11) the Star Adders trialed for and won ten FM bloodheritages among them Carrol, Kreese and Faraday.

This happened after the Grand Council declared Mandrill bloodheritages clean of taint in 3090.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2018, 13:27:05 »
nm. just noticed the date on this old thread.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2018, 16:30:21 »
Should probably have created a new thread rather than resurrect this old one, but to answer your question - not really.  Their exact value would also vary depending upon Kindraa, but resurrecting the Mandrill heritages was done to replace the innumerable bloodlines that were tainted by the Society and subsequently destroyed thereby increasing their eugenic program's genetic diversity that had been reduced to critical levels.  It was for the same reason that both the Home Clans and IS Clans traded various bloodline with their fellow Clans.

IIRC the Fire Mandrill bloodlines were actually more diverse than the bloodlines of other Clans because the Kindraa being a microcosm of the Clans noticed that each Kindraa was a limited pool to be sharing what few bloodheritages they held.  They solved this IIRC by using genetics of talented freebirths as the paternal donor in limited cases to mix in some natural variations.

The HW Clans could have done 'linebreeding' as well since they kept genetic samples since the Clan's founding . . . go back and use samples from warriors who fought in or after Klondike but never had a bloodname (eg, some Bloodnamed's natural offspring that never won a Trial of Bloodright- maybe lost it in the final round).  With the description given in source material I have to wonder if the authors ever lived on a farm or raised any sort of animals, you get a decent genetics education for breeding generations of livestock.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2018, 19:57:54 »
The Carrol line contains Kerensky DNA, so there is likely value seen in that.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2018, 20:54:36 »
nm. just noticed the date on this old thread.

Is it considered bad form to bring back old thread?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2018, 21:08:49 »
I do not think so, I think it was more about the question.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: 07 June 2018, 07:13:02 »
The last line in the first post asks if the WoR Supplemental has been released yet. At the time of the post the answer was no, but now is different. That's my guess what RB was commenting on
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #15 on: 07 June 2018, 10:03:35 »
I do not think so, I think it was more about the question.
It does fit in the clan method of 'waste not, want not'... better to necro thread than posting similar questions that just make search's even harder than they are already...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #16 on: 09 June 2018, 08:49:49 »
I’m pretty sure Rooster was referring to the Sixth of June, guys. ;)
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2018, 19:53:15 »
Some of the Kindraa was absorbed into other HW clans,,,,Cyotes pop into my head 1st,,,but I dont hav WoR infrount of me atm.

I was re reading my field manual updates which is centered around 3067. It lists a growing alliance between a number of kindraa and the spirits. Before both were beaten down to nothing could the spirits have moved to absorb the kindraa Luke mick Reese they were tight with?

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 10 October 2018, 06:27:08 »
I was re reading my field manual updates which is centered around 3067. It lists a growing alliance between a number of kindraa and the spirits. Before both were beaten down to nothing could the spirits have moved to absorb the kindraa Luke mick Reese they were tight with?

Maybe if the Spirits were really desperate for more warriors and resources they could have tried to pull it off, especially in the WoR chaos. But even as chummy as the Spirits and Mandrills were, the former were noted for their strong internal unity while the latter were both insanely factionalized, and both were convinced of their superiority over all other Clans (even allies). With a kindraa-sized merger the Spirits would also be risking the introduction of  Mandrill-style factionalism into their ranks - and the Adders would be watching.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 10 October 2018, 09:53:02 »
Is there a mandril focuses thread? I have some additional questions.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 10 October 2018, 10:13:29 »
Is there a mandril focuses thread? I have some additional questions.

Theirs about a dozen of em :) :thumbsup:

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2018, 12:01:17 »
Theirs about a dozen of em :) :thumbsup:

Haha, nice!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 10 October 2018, 12:33:35 »

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #23 on: 11 October 2018, 08:52:10 »
OK that was stupid *still giggles*...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.