Author Topic: ACS and ISaW: Game Play Review  (Read 12422 times)

Kwic

• Sergeant
Re: ACS and ISaW: Game Play Review
« Reply #30 on: 05 February 2020, 21:34:21 »
Does anyone have this information or game play worksheet in a spreadsheet that can be modified or edited?

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2020, 23:49:09 »
If you can wait another couple of weeks our game will have moved forward far enough that I could post the outdated back up for July 3021. I need to wait and make sure any information is not too current that it would help one side against the t'uther in the current September turn.
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #32 on: 11 February 2020, 22:21:01 »
Here is an old Liao "orders sheet" that shows start locations and orders dating back to early 3021. Note the players would need to fill out all their orders in advance except for the end phase. Player would be sent this sheet back to them after all combat is resolved so they could then send in their orders for repairs and fatigue reduction via RP expenditure.

The second tab has an example of the GM controlled periphery states Economic phase (including the Esp/Spec Ops from 2nd Succession War).

It should be fairly easy to follow but if you have questions I'll try to expand on how things work. I would have posted more but there is still too much going on with all the other Houses.

Edit: Oooops.  Fixed
« Last Edit: 12 February 2020, 07:09:44 by The Purist »
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

1. HAVE FUN

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #33 on: 12 February 2020, 04:40:15 »
Um.... Attachment?  ???

Kwic

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 12 February 2020, 09:01:37 »
Very interesting, copy and paste to move units?

Do you have an example of Combat resolution?

The model we have used has the entire data set of worlds, including ownership, province, district, industrial resources etc.  Military data set references the world set.  Military owner =/= world owner yields a conflict world.

Filter for conflicted worlds using an aggregate formula and you have all your combat forces isolated to resolve conflict to contest the world.

More data heavy and not as visually pleasing as your tables.

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 12 February 2020, 20:52:19 »
Very interesting, copy and paste to move units?

Yup,..., erm,... actually 'cut' the rows and 'insert' at destination. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I just make a side note on planets where there will combat and send the locations back to the players.

Do you have an example of Combat resolution?

At the start of a battle each side needs to follow the rules in IO (w/ a couple house twists).  It's pretty basic:

- Formation Number and Type
- List of CUs in the Formation
- Movement, Armour, damage (s/m/l), Tactics and morale values.

Both sides set up on the PCM or PM and the fight begins as per ACS.

The model we have used has the entire data set of worlds, including ownership, province, district, industrial resources etc.  Military data set references the world set.  Military owner =/= world owner yields a conflict world.

Filter for conflicted worlds using an aggregate formula and you have all your combat forces isolated to resolve conflict to contest the world.

More data heavy and not as visually pleasing as your tables.

If it works, go with it.   :)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2020, 22:27:39 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #36 on: 04 May 2020, 12:47:50 »
Thank you for this overview. I never thought to treat this like Battleforce/Alpha Strike.

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #37 on: 04 May 2020, 12:50:35 »
I wish there was something like the Master Unit List where you could build ACS/SBF forces or convert AS forces into SBF/ACS forces.

Register