Author Topic: Mule-II class?  (Read 2544 times)

Frabby

• Major
Mule-II class?
« on: 13 November 2018, 12:01:08 »
A couple years late perhaps, but another Sarna editor just found a reference to the Mule-II DropShip class (in a LinkNet 3136 article, p. 119).
What do we know about this class? Is it mentioned anywhere else?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Mule-II class?
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2018, 13:22:52 »
All for it, but no idea- improvements have been theorized for a while . . . I want to say MWDA fiction talked about a cargo mech having a space for cargomechs to be parked in . . . but no idea what dropper it was supposed to be in that bit.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2018, 23:14:14 »
You mean Black Gold?

It's suppose to be a " renovated " model...

More automated systems?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2018, 01:14:31 »
You mean Black Gold?

It's suppose to be a " renovated " model...
Yes, that one.
In the absence of other information, it is indeed likely that the "II" part has something to do with the ship being "recently renovated", as in somehow upgraded. If it was meant to be a new class it didn't get entered into the MUL yet.

MWDA liked to sneak in stuff like that. There's also a Magellan MkII JumpShip mentioned in a single image caption. TPTB (Ray) ruled that one as not being a proper class of its own, so implicitly a variant. I guess the same applies here.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Register