Author Topic: Need Some Suggestions  (Read 1520 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Need Some Suggestions
« on: 05 May 2020, 17:44:09 »
I've got a Mercenary Regiment built of Mini's: started out mostly of 3067 tech.. but I've gone way past that now. While I might be using some Clan Tech I am using no Clan Mechs. I've got mechs from every factions possible. The layout is three Battalions each with a command lance. First is mostly comprised of Assaults and heavies. Second is heavies and some mediums/ 35 ton lights. Third is support with a missile company, a light company, and a medium company. Fourth will consist of Four Urbies :D

Anyways long story short I need some help with the Second Battalions Command Lance. So far it consists of a Vulpes, Raptor II, and Ghost and I've got no clue on what to fit for the last machine. I want to try and keep the stealthy feel if possible, but i don't necessarily need a 'command' mech (although I'd admit a Septicemia HPG variant would be hilarious).

HALP! Any and all suggestions will be considered and thanks in advance!

(No half are not assembled yet and almost none are painted: I'm terrible at both and too poor to pay my friends to do it for me lol)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Need Some Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2020, 18:36:38 »
Stealth STH-3S? I mean, a Scarecrow would be perfect, but no mini exists AFAIK. Snake 2B, or the Phoenix Hawk 4L or 5L would also suit, if you don't mind the factional availability issues (battle salvage?)

One way to look at this - go to the MUL, click on the magnifying glass, pick Availability Dark Ages, and Alpha Strike property STL. Give you 66 options, then it's a case of picking one with a mini and that you like.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2020, 00:13:29 »
I forgot you can filter on the MUL based on tech: thanks for the reminder.

The Stealth isn't a half bad idea: never used one but it definitely appeals to my style of play.

Didn't consider the Scarecrow.. but then i looked it up and forgot it had CLPS. Apparently they did make a mini but its not the best. I still might consider it.

Battle Salvage: lol. My entire force is so mismatched it's funny: it comes from two Starter Boxes (last gen), one starter box (this gen), six different lance packs (some doubles), and about a dozen purchased of mechs online based on a grab bag of what fits where better (or whats cheap). Ill post the whole organization eventually once I work up some minor fluff (and variants!)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2020, 00:21:04 »
And I'm happy to help if you want a simple but effective paintjob for your unit. I usually paint battalions, but did one combined-arms regiment of mainly non-canon stuff; you want something you can do over and over and over again, without getting sick of it ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2020, 00:26:35 »
And I'm happy to help if you want a simple but effective paintjob for your unit. I usually paint battalions, but did one combined-arms regiment of mainly non-canon stuff; you want something you can do over and over and over again, without getting sick of it ;)

Thanks: I've got a vague idea and it looks ... decent. Ill have to post a picture in the morning. I'm just not a painter and have no supplies. Acquisition, assembly, and then painting is my list in order.