Author Topic: (Answered) TSEMP AS vs Classic  (Read 1041 times)

wildkadabra

• Master Sergeant
(Answered) TSEMP AS vs Classic
« on: 29 January 2024, 11:51:50 »
Hi, I just want to be sure it works as I think it does. In Classic Battletech, using a TSEMP has several drawbacks for the unit using the TSEMP.
1. The firing unit also suffers interference the next turn.
2. TSEMP must wait 1 turn to recharge

I was reading TSEMP rules for AS and didn’t see anything about this, so I want to make sure.

When making a TSEMP special attack, the attacking unit in AS does not also suffer interference next turn and the TSEMP attack can be used in EVERY turn?

Also, after the attack lands you roll 2d6 and on a -1 against mechs it will shut down on a target of +8. So a mech would shut down on a 7+, is this correct? Anything under 7 will cause interference?
« Last Edit: 29 January 2024, 14:02:33 by nckestrel »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: TSEMP AS vs Classic
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2024, 14:00:44 »
Hi, I just want to be sure it works as I think it does. In Classic Battletech, using a TSEMP has several drawbacks for the unit using the TSEMP.
1. The firing unit also suffers interference the next turn.
2. TSEMP must wait 1 turn to recharge

I was reading TSEMP rules for AS and didn’t see anything about this, so I want to make sure.

When making a TSEMP special attack, the attacking unit in AS does not also suffer interference next turn and the TSEMP attack can be used in EVERY turn?
Correct, those are not in AS.

Also, after the attack lands you roll 2d6 and on a -1 against mechs it will shut down on a target of +8. So a mech would shut down on a 7+, is this correct? Anything under 7 will cause interference?
The wording is odd here, and says "roll modifier" and not a target number modifier.  IE. You subtract one from the roll, so a roll of 8 would subtract 1 and be a 7, and not cause a shutdown, only interference.  Aerospace fighters and battlemechs are _less_ effected by TSEMP than combat vehicles and industrialmechs.  Battle Armor are more easily effected (+2 to the roll).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register