Author Topic: Talk to me about... the CLAN LB 10-X  (Read 18810 times)

Greatclub

• Captain
Re: Talk to me about... the CLAN LB 10-X
« Reply #90 on: 30 April 2018, 02:42:33 »
@gyedid - well yeah. Exactly. LBX/10s and Gauss are absolutely no contest to Clan energy weapons.

They are good supplements though. Look at the Daishi Hohiro. ER-PPC, 3 LPL. Ideally another ER-PPC would round it out, and it has the tonnage; what it doesn't have is the critical spaces to install the second PPC and associated heat sinks. The Gauss is a good enough compromise; it eats a lot of tonnage, but not as much space, and has performance that is only slightly inferior.

Another would be a custom kit fox; ER-LLas and LB-10X. The first one can punch holes in anything 30 tons or under, and then the second gun sandblasts the gooey insides, while still running Heat-neutral.

Looked at in isolation, yes, clan LB-10X suck, and clan gauss are subpar. But as part of a whole, they can be pretty acceptable. Is a LB-10X worth giving up 3 ER-ML and associated heat sinks? Sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. And sometimes you just don't have the crits free for those heat sinks, so you slap in the LB-10X.

The ultra 10 and 5? Those I have a much lower opinion of.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2018, 03:50:06 by Greatclub »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #91 on: 01 May 2018, 08:04:35 »
The Kit Fox needs all the range it can get. The LB-5X is a better choice.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #92 on: 01 May 2018, 15:45:16 »
The Kit Fox needs all the range it can get. The LB-5X is a better choice.
Heck yeah! My custom config is an ERLL and twin LB2-X! :D