Author Topic: Anybody playing Battle Fleet Gothic 2?  (Read 1058 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Anybody playing Battle Fleet Gothic 2?
« on: 24 February 2019, 23:11:46 »
I've suddenly gone cold on MWOnline, and the great-looking graphics of BFG has me watching YouTube videos of the Imperial campaign.  Turns out the box is short 10 Megs or so of RAM, and I have a slew of home projects before spending money on upgrading it to play.

Any opinions?
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Luciora

• Major
Re: Anybody playing Battle Fleet Gothic 2?
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2019, 23:17:33 »
What? They made a second?  I couldn't play the first properly, and was disappointed  it was a very micromanaging 2D game.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2019, 07:40:29 »
Yeah, reminds me a lot of an old US navy game from back in the Apple IIE days I used to play.  The game looks great, though.  I can hold my nose and ignore the GW smell for that, plus there's both 4 campaigns and 1vs 1 and 2 vs 2 online games.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2019, 07:42:31 »
What? They made a second?  I couldn't play the first properly, and was disappointed  it was a very micromanaging 2D game.
All factions from get go. Operate MUCH smoother than the original. This is set just after the breaking of Cadia timeline. YOu have three main campaigns; the Imperium, the Necrons and..... TYRANIDS! They simplified the upgrade and skill systems so you don't select it on every single ship.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2019, 18:43:11 »
Are you playing it, then?

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2019, 21:04:25 »
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2019, 22:58:56 »
Don't make me get the crowbar to pry words out of you.  ;D

Seriously, do you like it, or is it not worth the money?  How's the 1 vs 1 online play?  Is it easy for a 40K beginner, because I never p!aged the first one.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2019, 09:33:12 »
Don't make me get the crowbar to pry words out of you.  ;D

Seriously, do you like it, or is it not worth the money?  How's the 1 vs 1 online play?  Is it easy for a 40K beginner, because I never p!aged the first one.
In generaly it is easy for a beginner. I play for the campaigns, not 1vs1 hah. Im hesitate to because of my bad experiences on the first one when it was meta hell on the multiplayer there.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 26 February 2019, 18:25:29 »
Oh.  Well, it looks like they fixed it on the YouTube videos.  So, worth the $50?  I'm going to have to by $100 bucks of RAM, so I was wondering your opinion.